Dev Team Release Redsn0w for Windows & Mac users to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0

Comments

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my AT&T 2G Iphone to 3.0, i live in the UK so it was previously unlocked, After upgrade to 3.0 lock stayed in place but could not activate.

Used Redsn0w all OK, it redid the unlock, works fine!
    Did not have to reload apps!

Thanks Again!

• Tc
    Tc Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

Cycorder on jailbroken 3G 3.0 works fine.

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

wierd.. Cydia has been crashing ALOT with 3.0 even more than when it first came out way back when. Also many more failed installs. I doubt its Cydias code and I bet its 3.0 some how counter acting it. Also the ones that have succeded ive had to hit install, they will download then crash then re-install and it will install it fine without haveing to re download it, yet i cant find were it was downloaded to. I dunno wierd but just wanted to put that out to see if any one else has had the same issues and if iPhoneHacks happens to know anything about it. Thanks.

• adebrant
    adebrant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am using iphone 2g i attempted to use redsnow but it is not recognizing my .ipsw created by pwngetool and now my phone is locked up help please!

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

any updates regarding ultrasnow.....am checking the site every hour......am still on yell0wsnow and eager to update my phone to 3.0.

• Thx55
    Thx55 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Im just waiting for mac ppc capability

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I go to download the link and it tells me windows does not recognize the **** file. This is my first time and i have no idea what to do. Please help

• Terras
    Terras Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

works fine for me, Iphone 3G Orange in switzerland, done with windows 7 rc1

good job dev team

nice greatings

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I have no idea how to jailbreak this at all. I am completely lost
    Can anybody help me?

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

hiya!!! i got the same problem using my vista home OS and it keep saying "waiting for reboot" but when i used the windows xp, it runs smoothly and very fast. now i jail break my iphone 3g and keep waiting patiently for ultrasnow which i hope they will release soon.

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

1st thing i look is the cycorder in cydia and viola!!! its there. ooohhhh i love this app.

• Tj 4rm Metro
    Tj 4rm Metro Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

What you mean they are cheap? how much you want to fix it than??

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

What's up with quickpwn 3.0 .....is that gonna b released

• Lrs
    Lrs Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

Anyone know why u can't stream video anymore with imobile cinema on mobile theater?

• sebastian
    sebastian Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Go to any of the links provided on this page, then go download the file. Once you have the redsnow file you will need the ipsw, which you can get here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/. Then you open up the redsnow by right click and running as administrator, then just follow all the steps. If you are using windows vista you will have to go to properties and then go to compatability and select Windows XP. Thats how i got it to work for me!

• scottsters
    scottsters Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

After you update to 3.0 it's in

"C:\Users\Aministrator\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates"

Took me a while to find it...

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

is there any way to downgrade back to 2.2.1? i jailbroke it and the the 3g stopped working and Pysl wont work either and i really need that. any help?

• The Ocean
    The Ocean Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Listen, all those having trouble with redsn0w freezing and the iphone freezing at points in the upgrade, sure i did the winxp capability mode and run as administer, but that didnt do it for me. For me, Redsnow would not work in my Vista 64bit. I tried it in another vista 32bit computer and worked perfectly. I think it really doesnt like the 64bit vista...

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I successfully jailbroke my iphone with the RedSn0w.

But because my iphone was already jailbroken before this, I did a restore to upgrade to OS 3.0. I forgot to copy my contact file and calendar file before I did the restore and I lost these info (I don't sync with Outlook).

Anyone knows what are the filenames for contacts and calendar?

Thanks.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Oh yah, a big thank you to the DevTeam for the jailbreak program.

• durkadurka
    durkadurka Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

for winxp users

• durkadurka
    durkadurka Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

another question, do you lose your contact info\list when u upgrade the firmware? or jailbreak it?

• Beefy
    Beefy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I jailbreaked my iphone 3g with redsnow with no problems, ive downloaded vwallpaper and it crashes on the start screen. Ive tried reloading it etc, Everything else works fine?? What should i do??

• fievebr
    fievebr Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I would like thank the Team for this good work again. Well done. It worked perfectly

• Davetr0n
    Davetr0n Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

has anyone had the same issue as this?
    my original iPhone 3G with 3.0 has been jailbroken successfully. but when i got to synch it again with iTunes it just views all the music and video as one chunck of data and will say the device is full. when i got to the ipod in the iPhone it says "no music"

how do I get my music to be recognised by my iPhone/iTunes?

• Thx55
    Thx55 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

sounds like the 3.0 jailbreak has a good bit of bugs still??
    anyone running a smooth j/b?

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I also was waiting for QP 3.0 because of how fun and easy it was to JB my 3g. Since the 3.0 was realeased by apple, I have done some research to see if redsnow was as easy as many said it is to JB the new 3.0, and guess what guys?? It is easy!!! and I consider myself a noob!
    Ok so this is the process of my JB with redsnow…
    First, I didn’t want to take any chances and update my JB iPhone from 2.2.1 to 3.0 without restoring my phone first, because I had a feeling it would somehow mess up the JB, so I restored my iPhone then did a backup to save my info.
    Second, I updated my iTunes to 8.2.
    Third, I updated to 3.0. Smooth update with no problems.
    Fourth, I then waited a couple days for the new QP to be released, but I was tired of my boring phone. Then Redsnow was finally out for windows, I read up on it and decided to go for it! I went on utube and under search I entered ‘windows redsnow’ one of the first two videos that popped up has step by step instructions for redsnow install.

• Cat
    via Wordpress

cont..

Fifth, I did the JB process with redsnow and it was a breeze. Just as easy as QP!! Yes I had to re install all my JB apps from cydia again cuz of course restoring the iPhone did delete all JB info, but I didn’t mind that at all! And some apps aren’t working yet but in time they wiill get updated thru cydia so it’s all good, see some apps aren’t 3.0 ready yet and that’s why some crash. But overall I’m happy with new JB iPhone!!! Good luck guys and happy jailbreaking to all!! Even noobs like me can do it!!

• erinklein1@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Quick question. I'm new to jailbroken iPhones. I have the first generation iPhone that is running 3.0 update. I just jailbroke my phone with red snow. Everything works great and it is truly amazing how much more oppertunity is available now. My question is I need to free up some more room on my phone. I heard iTunes 8.2 was horrble with the jailbroken phones so I downgraded to iTunes 8.1.1. I try to hook in my phone and it says due to 3.0 I need to upgrade to 8.2. Can I re-install 8.2 iTunes and sync my phone to get some of my music files off without messing up my new jailbreak? Would that be the easiest way? Any help would be appreciated.

• Cat
    via Wordpress

You heard 8.2 was horrible? Yet you used it to update to 3.0 succesfully? Are you catching a clue yet? I believe you can update to 8.2 again just do some research on you tube or I'm sure someone has the answer, be patient.