Comments

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Ultrasnow released!

• Pirate 13
    Pirate 13 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ultrasn0w allready release thx love u a lot devteam my iPhone 3g allready unlock and jailbreak now u are genius

• Pirate13
    Pirate13 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just go too I clarified they have the manual step by step and I try now my iPhone 3g jailbreak and unlock good luck

• Sri
    Sri Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

and it works grate, thank you Dev Team, you guys rock.....

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

no.....not yet......we are still waiting...but i personally think it wont take long....since we already saw the demo from musclenerd...its a matter of some bugs and issues with 3.0 os but not ultasnow.....

let all hope all luck to dev team.....
    dev team the world is waiting for your miracles....god bless you......

• dudespl@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hi Iphonehacks Team ,

Can you please post a step by step procedure for jailbreaking and then unlocking the IPHONE 3g . I have a jailbreaked 2.2.1 Iphone. So please let me know the next steps.

• Richie
    Richie Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

ANYONE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE>>>>>>

I was able to jailbreak my 3g iPhone using the steps in the link i pasted at the bottom of post with Cydia installed on the springboard but noticed that there are default icons/apps missing like camera, stocks, calculator, weather, and notes. I also noticed that my free apps from the App Store, Cydia, and **** are missing as well, which is known since jailbreaking a new OS will wipe out previous jailbroken apps. So I downloaded **** thru Cydia but nothing happened...no icon or options for **** or missing icon/apps reappearing.

I did test downloading a free app from the App Store successfully and also from Cydia. Both Apps show on the springboard and work fine.

I did have my 3g iPhone jailbroken with the previous OS using Quickpwn if that matters. I also used categories to organize my app in folders if that matters too.

Has anyone experience the same issues?

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

If not, do you think I should go into settings and select “erase all content and settings” and jailbreak it again and manually download apps again?

LINK to steps used to jailbreak 3g iphone
    http://www.digitalmarketingtalk.com/iphone/how-to-jailbreak-30-using-redsnow-for-windows/comment-page-3/#comment-751

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

Ultra snow is out!!!!

• Richie
    Richie Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

My issue resolved from previous post:

I had to re-download BossPrefs from Cydia (not sure what happened to it from previous jailbroken OS). Then in BossPrefs go to Hide Icons (poofs) and the icons were all turned OFF. After turning them back on and then selected Respring. All my icons/apps are now present on my springboard.

• lsueric
    lsueric Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have a jailbroken iphone 3G with 2.2 firmware so should i restore my iphone or not before upgrading to 3.0? and just to be sure after its done upgrading i would just use redsnow to jailbreak it again?

• Chris Phillips
    Chris Phillips Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello. I am about 2 hours into being an iphone owner. I just picked up a 3GS. I would like to know if there is any reason to NOT register my iphone via itunes. Will that prevent me from being able to jailbreak my phone once they have figured out how to do it? Thanks in advance.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Ok i jb my iphone and everything went fine until i downloaded winter board and some themes ad i tried to add them and my phone froze so i restarted my phone and now it wont boot at all it remains at the apple flashes white after about 5 minutes and it goes back to the apple what did i do wrong???

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

why is my redsn0w crashing in the middle of the j/b process on vista?

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

is there a way to backup phone info (contacts/sms messages etc..) so that once the phone is restored/upgraded to 3.0 and then jailbroken all this information can be put back on?

ie; is this info stored in any files on the iphone that can be xferred back over once jailbroken under 3.0?

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

OK so this is not a reply to Pirate13 the text box didnt show up for me to enter anything but anyways I like a lot of people was waiting for quickpwn but got tired of waiting and used redsn0w. Worked like a dream. I have vista 64 bit, and didnt change any settings, and downloaded the ipsw from http://depositfiles.com/en/files/pnj6xzh5n, and this all worked like a dream, i no longer have a boring phone!!! everything is working fine no bugs as of yet but have only been playing for a little while, unlike the previous version of cydia that automatically downloaded winterboard u have to manually download it. everything else works the same!!!! if you are using vista 64 or have any question you can reach me at jwill_fsu@yahoo.com.. HAPPY HACKING

• Josh
    via Wordpress

I like a lot of people was waiting for quickpwn but got tired of waiting and used redsn0w. Worked like a dream. I have vista 64 bit, and didnt change any settings, and downloaded the ipsw from http://depositfiles.com/en/files/pnj6xzh5n, and this all worked like a dream, i no longer have a boring phone!!! everything is working fine no bugs as of yet but have only been playing for a little while, unlike the previous version of cydia that automatically downloaded winterboard u have to manually download it. everything else works the same!!!! if you are using vista 64 or have any question you can reach me at jwill_fsu@yahoo.com.. HAPPY HACKING

• Tk927
    Tk927 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Ok so I JB my iPhone a d every thing went really good. But before I JB it I restored it and forgot to deleat my catogories and I lost some apps. So when I went into cydia to download them again some arnt showing up, like winterboard, dtunes, and a couple others but some did show up. What should I do?

• Josh
    via Wordpress

have u checked manage in cydia it may have stored them somehow on the phone hardware and been saved and now that u have cydia back u can go to manage and see all the ones that are downloaded and just reinstall them. Thats what i had to do for several items but winterboard was not one of them. I know with cycorder i was able to just reinstall and poof it was back along with all my videos i previously had before i upgraded to 3.0 and reset my phone. Weird but was happy to have all my vids back.

• Leroy Sunset
    Leroy Sunset Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

%Userprofile%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

That's where your ipsw is located in XP.

Mine's unlocking as we speak!

• Terence
    Terence Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Yet another JB problem. I followed all the instructions found here, including changing the redsnow sofwtware property to XP compatible mode. Still having that "waiting for reboot" problem. It just hangs.

• jimmythedragon
    jimmythedragon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    jailbroke my iphone on PC using above program on XP. but after everything is said and done i get no phone service at all - nudda, nothing zippo. tried it again and agian with service turned off like for at&t USA ppl but no luck.
    i am in Australia on Optus network. Can anyone help me.
    I reloaded back to crappo apple software and all is working again - phew!
    but it would be great to jailbreak again.

James

• Jim Calhoun
    Jim Calhoun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yeah i have the same problem can some1 plz help

• Fazrul
    Fazrul Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

same here, cant turn on my iphone

• Thx55
    Thx55 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i have this same problem. whenever i would need to reboot the iphone or power it down it freezes.. let me know if you find a cure lol

• xaudioprox
    xaudioprox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm tying to jailbreak and unlock my 2G using redsn0w and it seems to hang and freeze on the 'waiting for reboot' screen is this happening to anyone else? I let it sit there for almost 2 hours and it still was frozen.

• Kenny G
    Kenny G Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This worked like a charm. It was a little confusing at first because I didnt have the right ipsw... I thought I could have used my old to keep with the backup since I had files with Aptbackup but it's cool. As long as it's working fine and I can call I'm happy. Thanks DevTeam for once again making our lives easier!