iPhone OS 3.0 Released: 100 New Features Including Copy & Paste, MMS, Spotlight, Bluetooth, Push Not

13»

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Restore and set up as new phone instead of restoring from backup. Or you will just have to wait for the jailbreak then you can use poof or sbsettings to unhide your apps. I tried the restrictions method up above on an restore a couple months back and had no luck.

• richboy
    richboy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

this is what you do:
    1. You need to download the carrier file settings from http://gizmodo.com/5175391/ how-to-enable-3g-tethering-in-your-iphone-30-now and save it somewhere ( I chose desktop) DONT USE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO ENABLE TETHERING FROM THAT WEBSITE, JUST GET THE FILE AND MOVE TO INSTRUCTIONS 2
    2. then copy this: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    3. then open terminal on a mac that you sync itunes with. then paste the copied info into terminal and hit enter.
    4. once you have done this make sure you hit sync to sync your iphone, u dont need to let it sync entirely, u can just hit the "x" in the itunes screen to stop it then hold options and click restore.
    5. It will then ask you to chose what file to restore. search and go to where you saved the att carrier file
    it is called (att_us.ipcc) it will NOT be grayed out if you run that terminal command. If by chance it is grayed out, run the command again, then go to options restore and it will then be available to click on.
    6. Chose the file and restore. It will then add it to your iphone as the instructions above show
    7. once done you can go into settings on iphone while its connected to your computer, then go to general, then network and you will see where you can turn tethering on. I was so excited. I also agree that it is pretty fast with 3g service + it is free since you're only using data from your iphone data plan.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

IVE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY FOR A JAILBREAK. I KNOW THEY HAVE IT DONE. I THOUGHT RIGHT AFTER THE RELEASE OF 3.0?? DIDNT HAPPEN, I DONT WANT TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY :(

sorry bout caps :D

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I have a 3g I obivsiously want to jailbreak and unlock my phone should I wait till Friday to update to os 3.0 and jailbreak what would you guys recommend.

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

For me I'm going to wait until dev team release the tools & ultrasnow this friday before I upgrade to 3.0

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

If you upgrade to 3.0 now you won't be able to use it, better to wait for the dev team to release the tools first.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If you update your iPhone to iPhone OS 3.0 you will lose both your jailbreak and unlock.

You will have to wait for Dev Team to release tools to jailbreak it which they had mentioned will be released very soon and will have to wait until Friday to unlock it.

• ifonGimp
    ifonGimp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If the jailbreak didn't come out when they said, what makes you think that when Friday rolls around we won't be left in the same situation.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

One of our readers, GoogleMyName had provided the following solution to make the apps visible which seems to have worked for some users. You can try it:

Settings>
    General> Restrictions and enable this. This will unhide all your
    apps. You can then go back and turn restrictions off. After you turn it
    back off, all of your hidden apps that were in categories will be back

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

no **** i miss my jailbreak too !!! i have 1st gen iphone are they omming
    out with a jailbreak for mi og phone hurts me to replace my firdt gen
    phone since i paid $600 why should i upgrade to 3gs and not palm pre?

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

yes it does it gives you the battery icon and on the left a % rigt b4 the b for bluetooth

• newOS3
    newOS3 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

just upgraded to OS3.
    Any one notice the itune backup is super SLOW?
    takes a full 2 minutes to 'backup'

• Dr. DRE1919
    Dr. DRE1919 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Is there a link to the new version of the jailbreak yet?

I just restored my iphone so I could upgrade my Iphone to OFW 3.0.

None of my apps work and I dont know if I should jail break with Quick Pwn and Iphone OFW 3.0 Beta 5 or just sit tight to be replied?

I don't want to jail break my iphone with a unooficial version or an old version I want the latest one.

CAn someone help please?

• TD
    TD Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I had a jailbroken iPhone 3G and updated to OS 3.0 lastnight with no problems. All the Jailbreak apps are obviously now gone after the update. However, I am returning my phone to Apple for a warranty replacement.
    Can I confirm that there is no way for apple to know my phone was jailbroken and my warranty is valid?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I had written an article last year on how to re-virginize the iPhone which should be helpful in your case:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/virginizeiphone.html

• crystallattice
    crystallattice Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Am I the only one who is hugely dissapointed by 3.0? MMS and tethering does not work even though my carrier supports it... have to use hacks to enable it now.

Voice memo's needs you to shout in the mic to be able to hear the recording later and the stupid battery percentage thing "only works on 3GS", what complete BS.

I had a app on 2.2.1 that could show battery % left. What's up with voice control not working on 3G, vlingo works on 3G why can't apple support 3G. Think we need some serious hacker util to enable some of the much wanted 3.0 features for the normal 3G user.

PS I got 3.0 from a direct link yesterday, works much better than trying to use itunes - it told me that 2.2.1 was the latest - even while I was busy downloading 3.0!

• Madison
    Madison Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I need help....I get all the way til it says updating ram and then it never will load all the way...its like it freezes up and wont finish...what should i do now???

• Susan
    Susan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

thanks Michael!! I had been trying for 3 hours, then found this - turned off NOD32 and it worked like a charm.

thanks to others too - very helpful stream of convo here.