iPhone 3GS Users Can't Restore to iPhone OS 3.0; But iPhone OS 3.1 Still Vulnerable

Comments

• Magicgoof@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

I have a 3GS on 3.0 and am considering restoring for fixing some issues: can I still do this?

I have the files, I've backed up the TSS with cydia, and I've never upgraded to 3.1 f/w.

• lindsay
    lindsay Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

this is the first time i updated my iphone 2g...can i jailbreak my iphone 2g?

• lindsay
    lindsay Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

what does "But iPhone OS 3.1 Still Vulnerable" mean?

• Yannos
    Yannos Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

In a word No.

Even though the TSS has been stored there is no "proof" that this is what you will need to unlock 3.1. Best thing to do is just wait for iPhone dev team to work their magic and release a hack.

Shame really coz I need to restore my 3GS before it goes for a new screen fitted.

Yannos.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

It means that the iPhone Hacking community might figure out a way to
    jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1, which is currently not possible.

• Niaomi
    Niaomi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi all,

Just a quick question... I have just got a replacement 3GS from Apple on 3.01. Can I jailbreak with 3.01 without going through the restore process? Or does it need to be 3.0?

Apple bastards, can't believe it! I originally bought my iphone 2 weeks ago, found this site and my iphone was jailbroken in 10 min. Now with my replacement the guidelines don't work. I'm outraged.

Please help, Thanks!

• zuber
    zuber Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi!
    To all

I have a 3gs os 3.0 on my iphone and jailbroken, and cydia has installed an ECID SHSH on file on my 3gs iphone.
    and would like to upgrade to os 3.01,through pwnage. with iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw downloaded from Iclarified.
    Is it possible to upgrade my 3gs 3.00 to 3.01 without any problem?

please somebody reply!

• Yeena
    Yeena Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Question. I updated my Iphone 3G to OS 3.1 on the 9th without knowing there was no Jailbreak utility available. I followed the steps and was able to successfully downgrade the OS back to 3.0.1 but my phone would not activate and I could not get a signal from AT&T (my provider). I dont care about unlocking, just jailbreaking but I need a signal obviously to communicate. Is there any way to fix this?

• Yannos
    via Wordpress

Not possible now,

Apple have stopped signing 3.0 and 3.0.1 so if you point iTunes to one of these IPSW's then you will force the 3.1 update.

I have my ECID on cydia, and also grabbed my IBEC & IBSS ( which cannot be done now ) but will not upgrade until the iPhone dev team release something.

Yannos.

• Chazoo44@aol.com
    Chazoo44@aol.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If i purchase a new iphone 3gs, is there anyway i can get it jailbreaked? if so, what files do i need to get. i have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g, so i know what im doing for the most part.

• p312
    p312 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

do you have iphone 3gs or 3g

• Yannos
    via Wordpress

Not at the moment,

even if the new 3GS had 3.0 or 3.0.1 and you used redsn0w you would have to point iTunes at one of those, the problem is apple have stopped signing those fw's so it will force you to take 3.1

Yannos

• bdfoster
    bdfoster Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I didn't have a problem jailbreaking and unlocking an iPhone bought on the 3rd of Sept. I just unlocked it yesterday. It had 3.0.1.

• Yannos
    via Wordpress

The 3rd would have been fine, when did you jailbreak the phone?

3.1 did not come out until, Wed 9th or Thur 10th. It was after this when Apple stopped signing 3.0 and 3.0.1 because people were restoring to these fw's instead of 3.1.

It doesn't matter when you unlocked the phone as you prob did it in Cydia with a repo of repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
    There was no restore when unlocking just when jailbreaking.

Yannos.

Why not try a restore in itunes pointing it to 3.0.1?
    However DO NOT be mad with me when you end up on 3.1 coz Apple wont digitally sign 3.0.1.

• bdfoster
    via Wordpress

I unlocked/jailbroke the phone yesterday, Sept. 13th. Worked fine for me.

• bdfoster
    via Wordpress

I restored using redsn0w, using the 3.0 FW. That's all I did. Then I went about using cydia to unlock. I didn't use iTunes at any point in the process. I was running OS 3.0.1.

• Yannos
    via Wordpress

Yes I am sorry, mis read it myself.

To jailbreak for the first time it's fine as the phone is already at the correct fw.
    However to restore the phone due to a problem then jailbreak again will not work as iTunes will not restore to anything another than 3.1

sorry

yannos

• Arseman03
    Arseman03 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

there was no reason to buy a 3Gshit. voice dialing? come on...

a compass? seriously? MEN can figure out which direction is north faster than the iphone can load the compass app.

and video recording? unless you have children or are gay/emo and want to youtube yourself crying about people making fun of britney spears or other **** no one cares about, you dont really need video recording.

• zuber
    zuber Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thank you, i will wait for the dev Team to come out with the solutions

• J.T.
    J.T. Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

The iphone 2g is still capable of being jailbroken/unlocked. If you upgraded to 3.0.1 or 3.0, you can still jailbreak with redsnow. Just use the 3.0 firmware and make sure your prepaid sim card is not in the phone. Then put the card back in when the process is done.

• J.T.
    via Wordpress

I just ordered a new iPhone 3GS from my local AT&T store yesterday on direct fullfillment. It is supposed to be in Friday morning. Does anyone know if these new iPhones will have 3.1 factory installed or 3.0... I will be LIVID if I don't even have the opportunity to jailbreak my phone since OS 3.1 cannot be downgraded. Hopefully, they are still shipping out 3.0.1 or less. With my luck though, I would buy my iPhone 3GS 1 week too late!

• J.T.
    via Wordpress

Update: If this is the case, I am cancelling my order and just going with a 3G. So someone please let me know soon!

• Hi,

its false, you can downgrade 3.1 to 3.0 with an 3GS iphone.
    So your baseband will keep 5.x and Firmware 3.0.

Using a false host with itunes 9 (Itunes can't contact real Apple server).
    Can have pb with the reboot (the iphone can rest in recovery mode) but easy to resolve with Irecovery.

• nightwalker
    nightwalker Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
  • nightwalker
    nightwalker Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

yeahhhhhh …. oh my god. BigBoss managed it for the lucky 05.08 bootloader version. And thank god its me :))

There is a new version of fuzzyband 3.1 gm in cydia. I could flash my baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08!!

Ultrasnow and ….Yessssss Carrier signal is back again!!

Thank you sooo much guys. You are the best!!!
    You don´t know how happy i am right now… :)))

all the best
    lucky nightwalker :))

• Aredhell
    Aredhell Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I recently purchased Iphone 3gs with installed OS 3.1. So can I jailbreak or unlock my Iphone?

• Joelgoku
    Joelgoku Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I got this problem as well please advice: i downgrade to 3.0, then jailbroke the 3g iphone but still no service. The carrier is At&t. Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If you used PwnageTool to jailbreak your iPhone, then you should deselect
    "Activate the iPhone" option when you jailbreak it if you are using the
    official iPhone plan.

• Joelgoku
    Joelgoku Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I use windows so i did it with redsn0w 0.8