Geohot Planning to Release Tool to Jailbreak Any iPhone and iPod Touch Running Any Version of iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGeohot Planning to Release Tool to Jailbreak Any iPhone and iPod Touch Running Any Version of iPhone OS?

George Hotz (aka Geohot) who was the first to release a software called Purplera1n to jailbreak iPhone 3GS is at it again. He has dropped a hint that he plans to release a tool that will allow users to jailbreak any iPhone and iPod Touch running any version of iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• so sad
    so sad Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

No thank you. This guy is a joke. It's all about the Dev-Team.

what a loser

• pauldta
    pauldta Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Really ? That's a good news.Everyone is waiting.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

@so sad
    How is he a joke? purplera1n did its job well. If he is going to release a software to jailbreak all OS version this is a positive move for us in the jailbreak community.

• Unable to jailbreak my 3GS
    via Wordpress

Sweet! I totally feel like the Dev-Team left alot of us out. Looking forward to this solution!

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

i dont use this tool, but if his a "joke" like u said, y dont u come out with better tool?, its so easy to criticizes other but not make a difference hug?

• Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

well...Until is out I will believe it. NOW, all are jokes, Dev tea, Chronic Team and this guy...no solution at all

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Its always better to have more hackers out there other than the dev team, as some can come up with better solutions. This is great news for me. Although i have a 3gs that is jailbroken on 3.1, I need a tool that works on unpwned devices. I want to exchange my phone and get a new one because of problems im having, but im waiting till a tool comes out that jailbreaks it even running 3.1 :]

• evz
    evz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

yayz... i jb with purplera1n as soon as it came out. i cant wait to do it again. oh yeah and "so sad" is a fudge packer.

• R L
    R L Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

so sad said...

GeoHot is NOT a joke. I used Purplera1n to JB my 3gs when the Dev team had not released a JB tool for 3.0 at the begining. Also, GeoHot was on the original Dev team. Also, evz is right, you're a fudge packer. (nice evz)

• broSki
    broSki Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Geohotz is a pure genius and purplarain was not a joke, for me its what worked on my vista OS, for some reason redsnow wasnt coppin with vista...

• •ChI~tOwN•
    •ChI~tOwN• Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Gustavo and so sad both of u are plain stupid first geohot is a member of the dev-team so how is he a joke when he's the original when it comes to jb the iPhone stupidass!!! Both of you are plain idiots talkin garbage but when he brings out the tools ya basically on his nuts thanking him so if ya don't like it just shut the hell up and make the tools for jb the phone ur selfs!!!!!!!

• ferdie
    ferdie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

way to go...windows users were left out for JB on 3.1 geohot is the Rescue....

• MO
    via Wordpress

too right this guy deserves a medal he could have after all not bothered...by him doing this it may spur the dev team into action ...which i think was treacherous by them

• Fox Mulder
    Fox Mulder Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I had a feeling that Geohotz was gonna come out with some solution for us Windows users. He was the first to JB the 3Gs while Dev team kept giving excuses. Now there at it again giving excuses as to why there is no Win version. I have to admit that the Dev Team has been awesome but if GeoHotz has the solution then let it rain...

• PsychoKiller
    PsychoKiller Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

good information i wait this tool think you dev-team and all iphone hacks team .

• madsoli
    madsoli Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i've followed this info religiously since i got my 3gs...Purplera1n didn't work for me, but i figured it was because i was running on 3.0.1 instead of 3.0,i'm assuming that's why it didn't work,but i'll try whatever he comes out with..so sad you're an idiot...

• shadyman
    shadyman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

im working with the dev team and its coming out soon its the best there is and it will jailbreak any phone ive already done it and no problems just needs to be tested so it dont blow up in our faces just wait its coming folks lol

• shadyman
    shadyman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

im working with the dev team and its coming out soon its the best there is and it will jailbreak any phone ive already done it and no problems just needs to be tested so it dont blow up in our faces just wait its coming folks lol

• Nello
    Nello Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

All i really need to know is, will it unable me to Mask IMEI. Because honestly that the only new thing that we need.

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

What about UN LOCKING 3gs out of the box with 3.1
    baseband 05.11.07 ???
    AM I $HIT OUT OF LUCK? OR SOMETHING SOON
    ON THE HORIZON??

• broSki
    broSki Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

well patience is virtue...we need the jailbreak first then after the unlock will be on its way im sure. U guys should consider switching over to ATT man,No wonder asurion doesnt wanna cover the iphone lol

• Yalın
    Yalın Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i dont care what geohot or dev team is doin all i know is i am sick some assholes always complaining about some great effort with non-profit.just shut the **** up and stop talking like morons.and all ppl like these 2 idiots.do you ever appreciate anything?sell your iphone and go buy some plain nokia dumbass....or come with ur perfect jb....

• Fhadso
    Fhadso Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

This would definitely revolutionize the jailbreaking process, and Dev team definitely needs some healthy competition.

If GeoHot released a PwnageTool-esque program for Windows, I would gladly switch. PwnageTool...pwns, but it would pwn more if it was on Windows.

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Cool.

Good to see *real* hackers still alive and well in this world.

And entertaining to still see the losers who *can't* hack sitting on the sidelines talking ****.

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Will it unlock the latest 3gs with the 51 bandwidth?

• Eddie
    Eddie Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

You should buy a cheap or refurbished Mac, then you will be current and up to date with all hacking software.

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

I'm in the sAme boat with the 51 baseband. I'm sure it will be hacked just like all the others. I can't wait. My phone is simply an iTouch. So tormenting.

• Masterskya
    Masterskya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ahwwww.. all i can say is i cant wait its going to be fanfuckintastic! and yes **** the **** talkers cuz wit out any of these dudes my iphone would jus be a i touch
    props to the hackers making the world of technology a much much better place..

• Nishchal
    Nishchal Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey Geohot.... do you have any plane to come up with accidentally updated 3.1 firmware's unlocking?????.....many of us would be very much thankfull........

• MO
    via Wordpress

i think to be fair once the jailbreak for win users is out and he creates an unlocking software..i dont then mind paying a fiver for him to email the unlock tool..kind of a donation after the event