Apple Updates Boot ROM in new iPhone 3GS Models to Prevent Jailbreaking

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Why is everyone complaining like it's the end of the world! It's like a firmware upgrade. It takes time to crack the case.. Jailbreaking and unlocking doesn't come out instantly. There are always time periods and there's people doing hard work for free to help everyone. Be patient and don't forget to donate to the devs.. They are doing this for free.

• Pandora
    Pandora Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple is going the same route as the Sony PSP once did. Sony upgraded the hardware on the newer PSP to make it impossible to run custom firmware on it. Since that time, many people stopped buying PSP, or upgrading their PSP's because the only fun part of this console was gone...

Same thing will happen to the Iphone, once it cannot be jailbreaked, lots of people will move on to something else. Why would anybody purchace a dull phone that cannot be customized beyond the ringtones..Bye bye Iphone

• Havok
    Havok Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

LOL at the people who are all ZOMG apple you will fll if you do this zomg zomg zomg.

JB or not the iphone will stay a cut above, it will be the phone to have for some time. Every time one comes out that seems to be better apple will just release something new for the iphone and be on top. Hell the ipod is still the standard of mp3s and the iphone will be as well.

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

One thing i hate seeing is, people think Jailbreaking is illegal, its not. although it's still being decided by the courts, modifying hardware owned by you (without breaking FCC laws) is legal, but just unsupported by the manufacturer, its Apples decision to change the software, and it has the right to.

There WILL be another exploit as there are limits to boot checks so people just be patient, and we all know how bad apple is at programming :)

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

yep, i'm sorry apple but u can **** me signing any contracts with u in the future. jailbrakin makes the iphone better than other phones, but with it... its just an overly hyped product which doesn't cut it when compared wi other new smartphones

• Dan Cassidy
    Dan Cassidy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

does anyone know if the new 3G[s] is in ATT retail stores yet?

im planning on buying one tomorrow and was just wondering.

im okay if i have to wait for a jailbreak, but i just want to be prepared either way ;)

• Havok lol
    Havok lol Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iPod is only the "standard" because of Apple's advertising campaigns. It is a far inferior product to other, better, players out there. By saying they are the standard then you are one of the many that have succumbed to the power of advertisement, nothing more.

The iPhone has always been touted as the toy of smartphones, nothing more. Blackberry has always been the business end, no fun at all. Android comes to the market trying to bridge the gap, but I think it's more toy than business still (full disclosure: I have an android). Apple/Jobs has a history of making bad business decisions after many great ones. These bad ones always make the company's market share drop. How do you think Gates got to where he did with Microsoft? Jobs is never willing to break away from his personal belief of what is pretty and right.

• TS
    TS Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Hasn't the iPhone been available since June???

Though Apple Senior Vice President of Marketing Phil Schiller said during his keynote speech at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference that the phone will first be available in the U.S. and seven other countries on June 19, he didn't offer a specific time.

• DanTheGeeK
    DanTheGeeK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

im sorry for the confusinon, i ment does anyone know if the 3gs with the new bootrom was in ATT store.

i just picked up my white 16gig 3g[s] today and it didnt have the new boot rom.

so for people in new port richey, fl the ATT store isnt carrying the new ones yet ;)

• Tracduytrinh@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Back to Blackberry, Android.... bye bye apple !

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

THANK YOU. You guys signed your contracts. YOU paid for the phone. YOU pay extra every month to have the luxury of using the device you obviously wanted so badly that you switched to AT&T so you could have a cool new device. I guarantee 90% of you didn't know about jailbreaking when you bought the phone. So shut your mouths.

Also, are any of YOU doing any work to try and stay ahead of "Crapple?" No, I bet not. So what are you losing? The 5 minutes it took you to use Blackra1n? You asshats make me sick.

God for-fucking-bid you pay $5 for an application. Does the owner of a Ferrari complain about the price of upgrading and maintaining his luxury car? No, because he knows what he is getting and knows that he can afford the cost of upgrading and maintaining the vehicle. You have the Ferrari of telephones. If you're bitching about the price of upgrades, maybe you should have thought about it before you drained your bank account for a new cell contract.

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

[pssssst...you didn't sign a contract with Apple]

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Yea apple an att wants money i think its funny when you go to the store they always want you to buy things if you need help with a device they tell ya to call the service number go to www.welectronics.com you can get any phone made for att

• Kieran
    Kieran Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

ok the iphone is grate and so if apple.
    you cant not say they are giving a lot of support and updates to your phone.....if they never made the iphone the phones of today would be a lot worse. because the iphone stared phones off to a new era!!!!
    apple shouldn't keep stopping the jailbreaks tho i do see why they wouldn't want jail-breaking to happen!!!
    what they need to do is find out why people jailbreak and update there firmware so that there would be no point in jail-breaking!!!!
    or join with cydia rather than fight it and make a contract with it!!!! simple!
    and dont worry there will be an untethered jailbreak coming soon....... :D

• reader
    reader Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Boot-359.3.2 ??? All matter of time ;)
    Creator are smart BUT HACKERS ARE NOT STUPID

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

if really impossible to jailbreak then my current 3gs is the last iphone i will use.

BYE BYE Apple!!!!!

• AshBomb
    AshBomb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

**** apple! mother bitches! I'm switching to Android opensource.

• One
    One Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I know someone will hack these fuckers soon!

• I have a new 3gs and i applaud apple for doing what theyre doing. Jailbreakers are dumb.Its a phone! Leave it alone.you cry that you cant jailbreak it and you also cry when something goes wrong because you jailbroke it. Stop being little girls Apple is a company. AT&T has a contract with apple to sell iphones NOT T MOBILE! If you want an iphone that bad.. be real and change to at&t,Pay for what ever apps you want so the creators can get paid for their work.Morons,morons,morons and more morons. Get a life, A job and stop playing with your phone like its your ****.I have jailbroken iphones and used them and personally the iphone performs a hell of alot better when left STOCK! Get a life, Get a job, have a nice day and quit crying like babies any moron can make jailbreaking software and jailbreak an iphone leave it alone or figure it out on your own

• cragle
    cragle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ahh look a forum full of illegal activity buttholes.... Hackers suck.Iphones suck, Droids suck,You all suck,smartphones suck, jailbreaking is for low life scum people

• richard crainium
    richard crainium Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Oh No! My iphone is locked to AT&T and its not jailbroken any more im going to have to kill myself now like a little whinning ****

• meddy
    meddy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

now we have nothing i don't want to hear about any apple device apple don't care about their customers what happen with them?this why i love nokia look how we suffer about their device 3gs if you make a mistake to update to 3.1.3 now you're just going to hell i have now one week without to sleep find the way to unlock this iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 firmware

• Co Tran
    Co Tran Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I will never use Iphone again and give it back to their store. I,m living in other country, not USA. I like Iphone and I want to use it in my country but Apple prevents to jailbreak it, I feel sorry about that. do You know? I bought an iphone 3GS lock 16GB in USA, price 600usd + tax 42usd. Accidently I updated to fw 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01, now It dies and looks like an ipod. I look my iphone and cry, I hate Apple, I hate Iphone. pls help me to jailbreak it. pls let me know when you have a tool to jailbreak it. Email: tranco_sea@yahoo.com

• dddsss
    dddsss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

storm 2 sucks balls dude i had one for 2days and sold it...screen is too unresponsive

• mizzie
    mizzie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Really Sucks!! For the first time, I really liked Apple.. but now.. not ever again! The worst nightmare around... nothing to do.. and expensive trash all the way!! Even the itunes store sucks! Can even use the mobile for buying apps. BADBAD!

• Ronny - Sweden
    Ronny - Sweden Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well I love apple stuff ... Superior computers and phones etc. ...

but what I do not understand is Why "FOR EXAMPLE" 4Gb of RAM for a laptop costs almost dubble the exact same RAM you can buy in a PC store???

no one, no matter what, can convince me that there is anything different with the ones sold at the aplle stores and that the PC RAM won't perform the exact same....

I have an iPhone 3G 3.1.3 ... Jailbroken but still carrier Locked.

Today I bought a 3GS at chance ... got the new baseband .. but hey ... I can wait cuz I know that it won't take long until they crack it.

Cheers

• poof@aol.com
    poof@aol.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

lol yup a bunch of loser moron cry babies

• peephole
    peephole Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

why dont you let me jailbreak your woman like everyone else has? HAHAHA Fuckbags get a life leave your phone alone jerkoff