Comments

• iom_jack
    iom_jack Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Sn0wbreeze offers JB for old bootrom not for a new one

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

OK all the instructions were good and everything went as you said. HOWEVER now my phone will not work as a phone. No signal or ATT network??? what do I do now? I just reset all settings on phone

• RobMcHoya
    RobMcHoya Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So now my 3G is jailbroken but not unlocked?! Now what?!

Have I dug myself into a hole or can I either a) unlock or b) roll it back? I'm on a 3G that was already jailbroken and unlocked. Now, I've just upgraded to the 3.1.3 version using the Pwnage tool but it keeps telling me to "wait for activation (this may take a while)." I imagine it will, since I'm in Tunisia and quite far from ATT&T. Any help -- in easy to follow steps -- would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Monsta107
    Monsta107 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Any news on a JB for the 3.1.3 3GS version?

• pipeline0009
    pipeline0009 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The Sn0wbreeze link goes to a blank screen, any help with this? Also does your iPhone have to be previously jail broken to use Sn0wbreeze? I am reading and watching conflicting reports about this. I have a 3g model and just want to jailbreak it.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
  • taus_electro@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke my iphone 3g, 3.1.3 BL 05.12.01, using snowbreeze... BUT I cannot access internet, it connects to wifi but youtube, safari and cydia says cannot connect. I don't knw what is the problem..

• Jennah
    Jennah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi James,
    Thanks for this suggestions. We breezed through the steps but when we tried to restore the phone in itunes we kept getting an error message. But per your suggestion we started from the beginning and UNCHECKED the "activate phone" box at the step where we specify the partition size. Using the newly built firmware the phone was restored without problem.
    Thanks much,
    Jennah

• Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

While using the PwnageTool to jailbreak my iPhone 3G with 3.1.3, I get the error message "wrong firmware bundle selected".

What does this mean, and how do I fix it? This is using firmware bundle downloaded at the beginning of this tutorial.

Thanks.

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

after step 14 it said that i succesfully entered DFU mode, but I can't turn my iphone back on, any suggestions?

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

disregard that, it took about 10 minutes, but powered back on and seems to be working

• Mr. Pereira
    Mr. Pereira Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have the 3gs that I jb a couple months back. Cydia had my 3gs file on file, two weeks ago my phone had a big problem with the memory ( 0 bytes avail.). So I did a full restore and update, by doing that I lock myself out of JB. But after a week of surfing the web, I was able to downgrade the OS to 3.1.2 and after upgrade to 3.1.3 by using tha pwg tool !! It took me a couple try's but I did. There is alot of bad info out there so be carefull.

• sur
    sur Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how did u jail break ur i phone? i upgraded it to 3.1.3 version.. n its been a month m waitin for d jail break!!

• birdie@starhub.net.sg
    via Wordpress

I had 3G version that was Jb using Blackra1n. Unfortunately, i accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3 and wiped out every feature that was from a jb fone. Lucky for this pawnage tool .. everything has been restored. Including my stuck banner time at 9.42am has been corrected. Funny, i did not follow exactly the steps outlined in this web page.. I skipped the 'Genius' part and some of the other windows did not appear. Thank God, everything is working fine ! Thank you Team !!

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Alright so I just bought a fresh new iPhone 3g with all new bootrom (5.1.2) and all brand new.
    Will this jailbreak still work?

• ChocoCake
    ChocoCake Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

HEYY people~
    sorry i just wanted to ask -
    i have an iphone 3G, and cause of some random message and i clicked ok...i accidently updated my iphone 3G to 3.1.3 firmware...which everyone says is un jailbreakable....
    i havent started jailbreaking yet but im scared it wont work and like everyone else (that has commented here)..ma "phone" function would be disabled...i live in hk and i use a phone network called 3G..its kinda like connected to the iPhone package when you buy it.
    Im not sure if 3G is a offical carrier or not...so should i press "activate my phone" or not press "activate my phone"?
    PLEASE HELP~

• ChocoCake
    via Wordpress

IPHONE HACKS PLS HELP :)
    i have an iphone 3G 3.1.3 firmware
    and im jailbreaking it right now...however im scared of the possibilites of losing my "phone" button and the ability to make and recieve calls~ how do i prevent that happening? im currently using a network called 3G which comes the the iphone package - i live in HK~ should i select the "activate iphone" box or not select it?

• ChocoCake
    via Wordpress

sorry i mean *with the iphone package*

• HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

i tired to do this and i somehow deleted my carrier. ny phone does not get cell connection anymore. How do i get this back. PLEASE HELP

• raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

ok guys u r trying to jailbreak 3g with snow breez blackrain etc.. and mostly it stucks on the restore window or in dfu mode and u cant take it out of dfu or restore mode with even quickpawn
    HERE is the solution for 3g u can try it on 2g and 3gs with older band

1 use itunes to update to 3.1.3
    2 close itunes but dont unplug ur phone
    3 turn the iphone off while plugged in
    4 download redsnow from this link

http://xs1.iphwn.org/rs/redsn0w-win_0.9.3.zip

5 download 3.1.2 restore (not 3.1.3) there r so many sites to download 3.1.2 just google it

6 now unzip redsnow and run it or for newbbbs
    double click it
    7 now click brows and select 3.1.2 restore file
    8 than follow the instructions and that is it
    cydia will be installed and from there install everything u need
    this is just jailbreak not unlock
    now when u go to settings-general-about
    u will see 3.1.3 but ur iphone is jailbroken

hahahahahaha

• raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

ok guys u r trying to jailbreak 3g with snow breez blackrain etc.. and mostly it stucks on the restore window or in dfu mode and u cant take it out of dfu or restore mode with even quickpawn
    HERE is the solution for 3g u can try it on 2g and 3gs with older band

1 use itunes to update to 3.1.3
    2 close itunes but dont unplug ur phone
    3 turn the iphone off while plugged in
    4 download redsnow from this link

http://xs1.iphwn.org/rs/redsn0w-win_0.9.3.zip

5 download 3.1.2 restore (not 3.1.3) there r so many sites to download 3.1.2 just google it

6 now unzip redsnow and run it or for newbbbs
    double click it
    7 now click brows and select 3.1.2 restore file
    8 than follow the instructions and that is it
    cydia will be installed and from there install everything u need
    this is just jailbreak not unlock
    now when u go to settings-general-about
    u will see 3.1.3 but ur iphone is jailbroken

hahahahahaha

• Zunbarg
    Zunbarg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I just bought my 3G phone off craigslist
    so I don't have a backup to restore from.
    My phone is jailbroken but will not
    function as a phone. any advice on what to
    do since I can't do step 19?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

• ChocoCake
    via Wordpress

**** -
    for ur info it IS easy to upgrade...cause b4 u jailbreak ur iphone and all, some of the free games or paid apps/games u download recquires u 2 upgrade to the newer version of iphone 3.1.3 firmware.
    So stop making it look like you know everything.

• ChocoCake
    via Wordpress

HELP im wanting to jailbreak my iphone for a week -
    but im really scared that its gonna fail and im gonna be in a lot of trouble :(
    should i jailbreak or not?

• Erica
    Erica Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Burnsy
    Burnsy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

right i got a 3gs in june when it was released. Couple of weeks ago i updated to 3.1.3 so now i hav the new baseband thing 05.12.01 never jailbroken before on this iphone, im on an official carrier if tht helps. CAN I JAILBREAK MY 3GS??????? PLEASE HELP THANKS :)

• ddmac
    ddmac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a never before been jailbroken iPhone and was wondering since I do not have a MAC then will the sn0wbreeze work on my 3.1.3 firmware?

• David C
    David C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Have a question...If I'm on 3.1.3, does that mean I cannot enter restore or DFU mode anymore?
    I need to know if I can restore custom firmware in itunes