AT&T Upgrade Eligibility: Find Out How Much You Will Pay For Apple's New iPhone 4?

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

For the off contract, the 16gb iPhone by itself is 599. N it will still locked by AT&T. If I buy one of those. Will I able to jailbreak n unlock even it's locked by AT&T?

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

For the off contract, the 16gb iPhone by itself is 599. N it will still locked by AT&T. If I buy one of those. Will I able to jailbreak n unlock even it's locked by AT&T?

• Kevin
    via Wordpress

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

It needs to be seen if will be possible to Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 4, which we will know only after it is available on June 24.

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Just wanted to let you know that 75+18=93

• 1crazyman
    1crazyman Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I just text at&t and it said that i'm able to get the early upgrade for the 18$ but my contract is under one year. So they must be trying to get people to stay on with them bad.About time the customer gets what they wanted for a change.

• Joker69
    Joker69 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I just did the *639# and I am offered the upgrade, but it said it will also WAIVE the $18 upgrade fee... Is there more info on this? My contract has been up since December of last year and I am still using a iPhone 2G.

• Caddouch
    Caddouch Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

i just called at&t and argued with this poor guy and he gave me a courtesy credit of $36 , thats for upgrading 2 iphones without having to pay the $18 upgrade , i really should be a lawyer ,hahaha

• nonoie
    nonoie Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

why are you guys getting annoyed if your not eligible yet, that is not their fault ,you upgrade your phone even though you know there is coming out a new one, whose to blame? but nooo, you just want to get the IPHONE!!!! blam...a new one comes out....then all the **** comes out to your mouth coz you cant wait! cmon guys...grow up...

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

How many upgrades do you expect to get on one year? Be realistic. Att's already offering good customers an annual upgrade. If your contract ends in 2011, that just means you already upgraded less than a year ago.

I'm really tired of the idiots out there expecting a free handout. Don't you think we'd all want two upgrades a year? How's it att's fault for not letting you do that after you sign a TWO year contract? Who's the real idiot?

• John
    via Wordpress

Att has an early adopter's program that let's iphone users upgrade in 12-18 months depending on the amount you spend with them.

So technically, you would be able to upgrade sometime between august and december based on that program. Att bumped that date to June 24th for anyone who would otherwise be able to upgrade at a later date in this calendar year.

• John
    via Wordpress

When someone upgrades, they sign a NEW 2yr contract. You won't have a 3yr contract. Your contract just resets to 2 more years from your date of upgrade.

Next time, try to understand before you complain. Att customers can upgrade to a new iphone every year under their programs. I think it's a great incentive to stay with them.

• John
    via Wordpress

Because you signed a 2yr contract. Guess what? You are STILL under contract and are liable for what you signed.

Did you ever try financing a car for 60 months then going back to them after 12 months and call them "asswholes" for making you pay for 60 months??? Common sense...

• John
    via Wordpress

These people knew exactly what they were doing. It's dishonest people like them that force companies like att to raise etf fees and such.

These people thought they could get an iphone 3gs now, sell it, and expect to upgrade again? What idiots. Apparently they don't know what a 2yr contract is. I'm surprised they even pass the credit check to establish service.

• SK
    SK Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
  • Smiley
    Smiley Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It's not official until after they are out and it's tested 100%
    but I can almost garentee you that you can.
    My suggestion would be to wait an extra couple days and see what people say.

• Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

i hate them sooo much please apple release it on another network.......

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

yep... i can upgrade and it will waive the 18$ fee.. i have had an iphone 3g for 16 months... maybe at&t is not the devil after all

• iPhone4 Fan
    iPhone4 Fan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can I buy the iPhone4 as a gift without a contract?

• Shrivatsa
    Shrivatsa Posts: 97
    via Wordpress

yeah, for $599 and $699.

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Why on earth would you pay $600 to buy it without a contract when you can buy it for $200 and pay the $325 whenever you decide to cancel?

• JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

It's a steep price to pay, but I'm willing to do it just to not have a contract obligation to AT & T. There's a good possibility that iPhone 4 will be able to be unlocked and jailbroken, like Andy said, you just have to wait and see. Look what happened the previous models LOL. Oh, for a side note, they are going to change your contract also from unlimited data to 5G data. Might want to think about that too, if you just buy the phone without the contract, your contract stays unlimited. Alot of iPhone users are gonna be kinda pissed behind this move.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

the iphone is in more than the united states you idiot

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

verizon will make you sign a 2 year contract if they get the iphone also

• Dwigt
    Dwigt Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

No, you are wrong, iPhoneHacks. Upon upgrade you are agreeing to a new 2 year contract and will have to choose one of AT&T's new data plans. The unlimited data is only available/grandfathered in to current contracts w/unlimited data, not new contracts.

• Anne
    Anne Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hey, question about the upgrade. My contract ends in October. I'm on the family plan with 5 lines total. We plan on extending the contract/upgrading for 4 of the lines, but getting rid of one. Is it possible to get rid of one line NOW when I upgrade even though it ends in Oct?

• nonoie
    nonoie Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

i suggest you to not upgrade all, coz we all know they always release new iphone every year, so if upgrade just 2 units then u have another upgrade next year, for the new one comes out every year, wala your always have new one. for the contract that will ends like june to december they automatically eligible for upgrade...

like me we have 5 lines , i always have the latest iphone coz i dont upgrade it all in 1 kind of phone...i always have 2-3 phone eligible for upgrade every year

• ck
    ck Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Just did the *3??# on 3GS & said early upgrde plus $18, My girlfreinds 3g told her she wasnt eligible. Do you think it has anything to do with me being the primary account holder & really she is eligible? Anyone who can shed some light on this subject would be great, no reason for 1 person you know to have the phone, you cant video conference yourself.

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

It depends on when you bought the iPhone 3G.