iPhone 4 Sold Out For Launch Day

13»

Comments

• Marisa
    Marisa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My dad and I were standing in line outside of AT&T yesterday morning at 8:00 a.m. the store opened at 9. We were there until 11:00 because the website was so backed up, and not to mention, we were fourth in line!

Fortunately, we ordered the iPhone 4 early enough to get it the release date, well I hope! If someone knows if we can get it then, please let me know!

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

So you're saying even if i reserved one and apple sent me an email telling me to come pick it up the 24th that I won't get one because all of them have already been sold?

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I got the same email but people are saying first come first served but I think that every one that reserved one got the same email. I doubt reserving one makes any difference this year :/

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

that's pretty much what i understood that to mean.....

i pre-ordered one online last night around 6 or 7 pm CST. it took a couple times b/c the servers were obviously flooded, but it appeared to go through. today i got an email of an "Order Acknowledgement" which says my iphone will arrive on the 24th..

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Great news. I just spend my entire lunch hour getting through to the Apple store but the rep told me that as long as you have your conf letter with an AM 6/24 conf you’re good to go. It’s moving forward that the units will be first come. They are opening up 3 hours early on launch day & I plan on being there a couple of hours before that. Your going to spend the time anyway so at lease this way I’ll get done early.

• culi831
    culi831 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

to Mark, 60,000 iphone sold within less then 24 hour. 1 pissed off customer mean nothing to apple.

• Pokherface
    Pokherface Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I know, what a douche.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

I got my confirmation e-mail at 6:11AM EST and it said, "Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24."

But where the disclaimers are, it said, "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

Doesn't that seem contradictory? It's extremely frustrating because I'm paying, but I'm not the primary account holder, who needs to be present in order to sign the paperwork.

So my question is this: is it truly first come, first serve? If so, then what was the point in having people pre-order them?

• Intresting
    Intresting Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ordered my off the apple store and it said timed out after I hit process order. So I reordered and it processed fine. Got two emails with two different order numbers. Checked my bank account and both charges were showing. I was only eligible for one upgrade at this time. Some how I got two iphone for the upgade price with only one line eligible. So I went back that evening and ordered another one so everyone in the family could have one. Checked email and got another conformation number. Checked bank account and it showed fees being processed. So I dont know how I was able to order 3 iphones for 199.00 when only one line was eligible and I used to same number each time to place the order. Oh well hopefully they will all be processed. Have to wait until July 3rd but worth the wait and not having to fight the crowed. All my other family members were not going to be able to get the 4g until next year. At&T told me a thousand time that we only had one line eiligilbe for upgrade. So if apple has a glitch in is sytem and it let me by 3 iphones for 199.00 then Iam not calling them to report it. Its not fair that Apple makes a new product before most of us can complete the 2 year contract. Then they want to not give us the upgrade price. So we shall see if it fall through the cracks. How every I have proof that is what I ordered and they are holding my funds so Iam pretty sure they will have to honor it in the end.

• HMB
    HMB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I never did run into those problems as everyone is descripting above. I went on the AT&T Premier website at 10:00am no problems, at 12:00pm no problem and at 4:00pm(PST) still no problems. I then place the preorder and still went throught. I guess maybe because I went throught the Primier website instead of Apple or AT&T. I got 2 iphone 4g preordered, 16gb and 32gb. I receivied a email right away with the Reference Web Order Number to check for the status of the order. I just checked the order today and it is in the processing state. Will let you all know what day it get ship out.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Ordered at AT&T retail on 6/15 at 12pm EST. Checked status website all weekend showed in progress. Just checked again, status now changed to shipped 6/18 with fed ex tracking number. It appears they are getting packaging together and entering preliminary shipping data with fed ex so it appears phones may indeed be delivered 6/24 as promised.

• HMB
    via Wordpress

Just got the confirmation email from ATT Premier and checked the tracking # on FedEx website and it show Estimated delivery on Jun 23, 2010 by 3:00 PM (PST).
    I'm getting the Iphone 4G a day before everyone :-) The 16gb was shipped from FORT WORTH, TX throught FedEx. Still waiting for a confirmation of the 32gb. I'm can't wait to put my hand on that badboy, so excited!!! Good Luck to those that still waiting!!!!

• HMB
    via Wordpress

I just recevied mine today and it look rediculous. Nothing come close this new gadgit. It will blow your mind away once you get your hand on it. Just got another email about the second iphone 4g and it will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to test the Iface feature with the wife and kids.