Steve Jobs Explains Why Custom Homescreen Wallpaper Feature Is Not Supported In iOS 4 For iPhone 3G

13»

Comments

• Brillo
    Brillo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Amandawinterland
    Amandawinterland Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I was rather excited when I downloaded the new iPhone software. But now reading all the disclaimers about how most of the new feature don't work on the 3G, I feel a bit silly and misled. I love my poor little old iPhone 3G, it still works perfectly. I just wish I could partake in more of the fun new stuff. Oh well, I'll just save up my money for the iPhone 5 or whatever those geniuses come up with next.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

I would like to compare this to gaming consoles, if that's not too bold. Gaming consoles, such as my PS3 get FREE updates to make everything run better, look better, and to give it more features. If even a gaming console that's 4 years old, my PS3, can still get updates regularly, why is it a 2 year old iPhone 3G can't get complete updates anymore? Speaking of which, I have an iPod Touch 2nd Generation. I was not and am not planning on buying a new one anytime soon, but I would like to not get left out on full features in updates just because I don't plan on buying a new iPhone every year. Not everyone is made of money, Apple. As the Jailbreaking community has shown, the iPhone 3G can handle multitasking, and I'm sure my old 2nd gen can handle some homescreen backgrounds. Which, in my opinion should have been added originally. What do you mean, "The icon animation with backgrounds didn't perform well enough"?? Well enough to who? Pretty much anything is better than a blank black screen, trust me. The only reason they didn't add these features is because they want everyone to upgrade to the newer tech. That's low, Apple.

• llican
    llican Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Sometimes adding your own photos to the wallpaper sounds to be a good idea. iCamera 2010 can help you to make free iPhone 4 wallpaper with your photo libray. It is very easy and will bring you splendid idea to reality and show your photos!

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I call bull **** to that one the only reason apple gives free upgrades is so they can fix the phone so we cant jailbreak them i would rather have a jailbroken phone then having the ios4 software if i knew that dev team hasnt released windows version yet i would have never updated

• V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    The main cause of lag is homescreen wallpapers. There are a BUNCH of animations and tiny little things that lag the iPod/iPhone up. If you look carefully, even iPhone 3G[S]s will lag.