PR Experts Believe Apple Will Be Forced To Recall iPhone 4 Due To Reception Problems

Comments

• Asa
    Asa Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I do experience that issue, but I just wait until the call is active then lock my phone

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

It is all the lame idiots that buy our crap customer's fault.

It is all Adobe's fault.

It is all Google's fault.

The pimple master Steve Jobs is our god. You must bow down and drink his spittle.

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

I am totally agree with u. This is true....

I went to apple store for reception issue and "No Sim card installed when I was on call" issues...the rep did not say anything and asked me to come after a week for a new iphone..as my phone is having hardware issue as per the rep..

They must be re-designing the antenna and sending the new iphones for swaps...they would definitely dont recall to safe gurard Apple brand name.

Fo those, we dont see the issue should be bear by AT&T tower..you will see the real problem going forward....even I felt like my phone was doing great for first 5 days...later found issues as per people comments....

• Crazyfish
    Crazyfish Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Dunno.. maybe I'm lucky. Yes, if I put a left-handed death grip on it I lose bars and like you I only get 1 to 2 bars at home. I still have my 3GS and I'm not compelled to go back to it because of this. There is so much improvement in the i4 that it's really sad this is overshadowing all that. Maybe Apple should recall iPhone 4 but is that really that bigga deal? I guess it will suck if I'm jailbroken when that time comes for fear they'll update my baseband. :(

• JimJam
    JimJam Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
  • Nightedge
    Nightedge Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Crazyfish you are one messed up person "English... do you understand it?"

I'm talking to in English so i guess I'm suppose to know it also.

• yt0k
    yt0k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Odd, when I lock my Iphone on a call, it disconnects it. Also, I experienced the signal drop issue from when I first got the phone, however I stuck one of the sticker antenna boosters on the back of my phone and it no longer drops the signal.

• mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I would like to know of people with the issue of signal loss howmamy were setup as a new phone and or how mamy were restored from a backup? As I was having an issue where I couldn't connect to the Internet over the cellular network but could over wifi I corrected this by putting the phone in DFU mode and restoring it and setting it up as a new phone I then restored the backup that issue went away but still have signal loss without a case. How about anyone else. Did you setup as a new phone without using a backup and still have the issue please reply thanks.

• mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
  • javarunner
    javarunner Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

reception is really not that bad, but it could be a LOT better. It's pretty much "fixed" for me with a bit of electrical tape and a Griffin case. I move that they do a recall for the PROXIMITY SENSOR ISSUES. That's worse than dropping a call... you mute yourself, face-hang up on people... add in conference calls...send text messages. It's a real mess...

• javarunner
    javarunner Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

me too. I thought that at least I could get around the proximity sensor issues that way. instead, after dropping a call on someone, calling them back and telling them "i'm gonna fix it so i don't do it again..." i lock the screen and hung up on them again anyway. frustrating!

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

This is straight forward. Apple should subsidize the bumper covers and reimburse chustomers like me who bought one. I'm sure that they only cost about .50 to manufacture. Suck it up Apple better to make 30% from every app sale then to risk your reputation. I won't be waiting in line (again) for the next product on release day.

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

What apple should have done from the beginning was to Teflon coat the antenna. This would have resulted in to interference of signal and disable any possible bridging of the antennas no matter how you hold it. Honestly they should do it for any other phones being built as of yesterday. Oh Well.

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

** into NO interference on the signal

• Daflaava
    Daflaava Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I agree with Dave. They could simply start making them right now and whoever has a problem with their phone have the option of swapping for a good one. Even with these issues iPhone is still better then the competition. I also noticed a bar dropped once in a while.

• Grow up
    Grow up Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Android is a joke? Then what do you call a phone that has trouble making calls? And it just goes to show how much you know about what's going on other than whats happening in your Apple world. Androids are selling very well otherswise your Lord Steve Jobs would not have mentioned them at all if he didn't see them as competition. If youre happy with you iPhone then good for you but don't go bashing another OS which you probably have never used.

• Surprise!
    Surprise! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Too late. They already have a better product.

• ej
    ej Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

FREE ITUNES SONGS!!!!
    for bad iPhone 4s from apple a few hundred should do it

• S
    S Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I have an iPhone 4 and my job sends me places where no carrier has service. My iPhone actually gets better signal than my co-workers 3GS when service is actually available and I don't have to hold it in any particular way. I hope this "software update" that apple is going to release doesn't end up degrading the performance of my iPhone 4.

• Strambo
    Strambo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

apple has the best marketing strategy and people in the world. They could sell the people raincoats in the desert and they would make a fortune. This phone is average and nothing else. My bb had a camera flash 3 years ago but now apple is doing like they invented the wheel.

The people who need a phone actually as a phone to make calls and rely on the phone don't have iphones, they have htc's or bb's...that's the reason why the iphone users do not really care if they have bad reception or not and would be happy with a stupid case, if my bb would have that problem i would not stop to call att or rim until i have a new phone because i actually need my phone working...and if they would tell me, take this case and it might work, i would kick there a...

so people have fun with your toys and remember use your right hand for the calls :-)

• Recall
    Recall Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well then here lies the big problem. If they are indeed re-designing the iPhone how long will that take? And when they finalize their design how long will it take to manufacture? They already have had supposed manufacturing delays with the white version so how fast do you think they can roll out a new iPhone design? The way it's looking now, they will give out free bumpers and wait until the next generation to have a new design. They are stalling for something which I can't really understand for what. How long does it take to fix a faulty formula? You can't honestly believe they are trying to patch up holes used for jailbreaking. There are at most 5% jailbroken phones out in the world. Why prolong the wait when there is such a huge media coverage surrounding the issue? Recall for the iPhone would be the right thing to do but that they most likely won't do that. I am curious as to what the reaction would be when the software upgrades are issued. I wonder if it would actually work. I highly doubt it though

• Cheap
    Cheap Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Never in a million years would that happen. At most they will give away free bumpers which I don't know how cheap they can be to not even do this from the start. I can't see a bumper costing more than 10 cents.

• tito
    tito Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

recall. get it fixed asap. i want to buy the iphone4 but i need it to work 100%

• Rob Lee
    Rob Lee Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Grow up.....obviously you have an iphone as well so you really should relax. Like I said before **** droid and whatever phones are out there. I'm a pc and I'm on this site just like thousands of other people getting info on the iphone. I'm tired of people whining about the iphone! I have the iphone 4 and have no problems whatsoever! Kick rocks losers!

• tech
    tech Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

In case there is no recall. Easy fix with no iphone cover would be to put a clear coat on the antennas, such as nail polish lol, hey it gets rid of the continuity from your skin contact to the metal surface and it works. Hey I did it! no complaints here.

warning: please be sure to consult with your parent or gaurdian and see if this fix is right for you. Carelessness can lead to permanent damage to your iphone :)

• No problem here !!!! Love iPhone 4

• Traxx Trigga
    Traxx Trigga Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

i use my phone as a phone s well as all the other features... i need it as a phone.. i do all my business on it.. but when i say all i mean my scheduling, writing, pricing, so i need a lot of the apps it offers that most other phones don't.. i would like this reception issue to be fixed.. so i do care.. but nothing will ever make me go back to a blackberry lol.. ugh i hated it when i had it..

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

LISTEN! Who cares if you have 1 bar, as long as you still can talk clearly that's all the matters =/. Plus we all know AT&T isn't the best service anyway, so this isn't all Apples fault.

• GotSauss
    GotSauss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Give me a Bumper Case and I am over the moon! Would never go back to 3gs! I was going to put a case on it anyway just in case i drop it. My 3g was saved so many times by the $7 case I put on it!

• Bill Gates
    Bill Gates Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

May be the Reception Problems is something to do with AT$T network. I never heard that people from other countries having this issue.