iPhone 4 Users Reporting Bluetooth Problems

Options
Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4 Users Reporting Bluetooth Problems

There has been a lot of outcry over several issues relating to iPhone 4 in recent weeks like iPhone 4's antenna problem and also the proximity sensor. One issue though has managed to stay relatively under the radar so far. Some iPhone 4 users have been noticing poor quality voice...

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrentG
    BrentG Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have the bluetooth issue my ps3 headset doesnt work. Proximity sensor sucks i keep calling people and muting myself. Signal is the same...

• Ericg
    Ericg Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have the same problem with Moto earpiece. Frequent garbled communication from phone to earpiece.

• TurtleDynamics
    TurtleDynamics Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have an apple bluetooth and it dont even works with my iphone 4, and the sound of the iphone 4 iphone is terrible. Very very bad quality!. 2 issues that i never experienced with my old 3gs.

• fiingers21
    fiingers21 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

My sony car stereo picksa all my calls up via bluetooth and is terrible on my iPhone 4, but is superb quality with my 3GS running iOS4.

Is anyone else having battery issues with iphone 4? Mine sucks! No apps running in background, full charge, take of charge and don't use it at all, it loses 5% in 2 hours! I have notifications off, email set to manual, everything possible is turned off, but it still sucks!

• TurtleDynamics
    TurtleDynamics Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options

Sorry i mean, the sound of the iphone 4 ear speaker.

• Dr squeege
    Dr squeege Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Patrik
    Patrik Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

i got a 3gs with iOS 4.01 and the bt is pure ****. a2dp completly broken and sound quality during calls is reeeealy bad... doesn't matter if I use the car stereo or some other bt device.

• I4
    I4 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

zero problems on my iphone 4. i have not had any proximity sensor problems nor any bluetooth problems. i only use bluetooth in my infiniti and it works great!

• I4
    via Wordpress
    Options

hows your reception during that 2 hours? i know all phones with poor reception will drain the battery switching between edge and 3g.

i have an iphone 4 and have had no problems at all. love it!

• buffybear
    buffybear Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options

same here. works fine in my infiniti m35x. in fact, better than iphone 3g.

• Kepler
    Kepler Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options

I don't know why people complain about the iPhone 4 i haven't had a issue with anything. i haven't even had a drop call, lag, Bluetooth errors nothing.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Options

I don't have BT problem with mine. the other line can hear me loud and clear.

• Sm55
    Sm55 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

If I connect my BT headset after call is initiated, audio quality is horrible. If the headset is already on and paired and then a call is initiated, the quality is good. I have an iPhone 4 and a Jawbone Icon headset.

• Winky
    Winky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

You Pay all that money for a dodgy iPhone.....
    What a joke!

• fiingers21
    fiingers21 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options

i only ever get 1 bar where i live, if it ever got anywhere near 3g status, i'd be worried! I've been lucky in every other aspect, no signal issues, dropped calls, proximity sensor, etc.

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    Options

Me too. Plantronics Voyager 510. I thought it was the headset going out. Now I know better.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    Options

My iP4 has problems pairing with some devices, garbled audio and frequent connection loss. To my knowledge they have confirmed this is atleast partially caused by software. They obviously rushed iPhone 4 because of android's market gains and now they pay the price. Is iP4 still the best phone on the market? Obviously....

• Alonso Mosley
    Alonso Mosley Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options

On 3GS with iOS 4.0 no problems with A2DP stereo BT headset (Sony Ericsson MW600)

It must be 4g hardware problem.

• iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options

on iPhone4 i'm getting constant complains from people i talk to while on bluetooth in my car and my wife's car. first i thought it wasn't as clear as if i was just on the phone, but complains don't stop and people asking me to repeat things over and over again. they better fix it soon.

• iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options

may be people don't tell you. i have G37 and even though not everybody complaining some people tell me every time that they can't hear me until i switch to phone and stop using BT.

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
    Options

i did but i restarted it and instaled one jailbroken app at a time to see if that was it it was works much better now try ios40 apps at frist

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Options

My iPhone will not connect to my Bluetooth Garmin GPS.

• T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress
    Options

The world doesn't revolve around you. Just because you don't have any issues it doesn't mean other don't

• I4
    via Wordpress
    Options

ya... possibly. i have a g37 too. gonna have to call someone and ask if they can hear me well.

• disappointed
    disappointed Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options

I don't think all the issues with the iPhone 4 are acceptable especially for a premium product. I had reception issues, still haven't gotten my case, and my proximity sensor is still not working properly. Was 4.02 supposed to fix that? Haven't tried bluetooth but really don't want to because that would make it 0-3. And I'm just curious. How is it that they rushed production/release when they introduce only one phone every year? I think they had more than enough time to work on this phone when you consider that the 3Gs wasn't much of an upgrade. I know products aren't perfect and some bugs are expected but this is really too much. Doesn't Apple pride itself in providing the "best user experience"?

• Bus Pass
    Bus Pass Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Well I take the bus and my bluetooth doesn't work well either. Maybe I should upgrade my ride. Any recommendations?

• Josemir
    Josemir Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

This happens to me with the speakerphone on. Exactly what the BT people reported above.
    It took me 3 trips to the apple store for them to believe me. I have a cracked screen so tehy wouldn't exchange it for me for free. But I have always had the issue since day one.

This effen iphone 4 is starting to piss me off

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Options

Same issues here on two iPhone4's between me and the wife and another iPhone4 that a coworker uses. I found issues occur when answering without BT on first. When using a Jawbone Icon I can work around the issue by switching to the handset and then back to the Jawbone. However,I cannot work around the audio issues while using a moto headset.

Bottom line for the two iPhones we own are to have the headset on and connected before you answer the call. If you have issues swap the call to the handset and then back to the BT headset.

• Darnell
    Darnell Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options

My 3Gs phone I would leave in my kitchen which is the on the 2nd floor. I could travel throughout my house upstairs to my bedroom or downstairs to the basement with my Motorola - H720 Bluetooth Headset and never had a problem. My 4 in the same place, the kitchen and people I talk to say the samething and sometimes the bluetooth goes completely out but if I go back into the kitchen it will automatically reconnect to my call

• Tim K
    Tim K Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

Add me to the list of those with this problem. I have Plantronics headset that worked beautifully on my 3G (people never knew the difference), but on the iPhone 4 people say they can't understand a word I'm saying. Grrrrrrr!!!