iPhone 4 Users Reporting Bluetooth Problems

Options

Comments

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Options

Dateline October 14, 2010. I also have an iPhone 4 that was purchased from AT&T about October 1st of 2010. I am running iOS 4.1. I was having no call connectivity issues but I was having all the same issues with the bluetooth that are mentioned here. Headsets (I also tried several) would pair and connect only to begin continually disconnecting and re-connecting and I could usually hear my callers but they said I was breaking up or they just couldn't understand me.
    Someone in one of the articles I read mentioned rebooting the phone.
    In case you don't know, rebooting isn't the same as turning the phone off and on. To reboot you hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. When the power down slider appears, power down. Power back up like normal. I, with nothing to lose, tried this. My bluetooth now seems to be working perfectly. Even better than it did with my 3G phone. I am experiencing no more disconnects and my callers have quit complaining. Admittedly, I have just done this a few hours ago but it seems all is well.

Hope this helps.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options

Brand new i4, running 4.1, exact same issue. Won't find any BT device I've tried so far. Piece of crap. Going to return it for a Blackberry.

• Hondarox
    Hondarox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I am having Bluetooth headset issues also with my iPhone 4. I have blue ant Q1 for my car and Motorola H-15 for when I'm home. . Both sound muffled, distorted and disconnects. Never had this problem on my 3GS. Kinda annoying.

• Valentijn Vos
    Valentijn Vos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have had a Nokia E61, E61i and E71 and never had any compliants when calling with my Jabra JX20 Pura. The sound quality with the iPhone 4 with that same BT headset is very poor and I get comments on every (!) call I make using the BT headset.
  • Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have iphone4 and have paired Jawbone Icon (latest one), Sound ID 510 (made for iphone4), Plantronics voyger pro, Plantronics 975, and all break up when talking on iphone4. I went to apple store Genius bar flashed the phone back to orig. specs and still the problem. Today I went to Apple store and got new iphone4 with new ios 4.2.1 and still the breakup problems, and now muffled voice in my earpiece. I have used the plantronics on other phones w/out problems. The problem is the iphone4...
  • Jim Skully
    Jim Skully Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have been experiencing many problems if my iphone 4 staying connected to my bluetooth, a jawbone prime...its very frustrating...i could just be walking outside with the iphone in my pocket & it loses connection...
  • Lexus bluetooth issue
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4 with latest IOS. When I purchased I was able to synch my Lexus and iPhone bluetooth with no issues. Actually it was much easier than I thought. I left the country for 2 weeks and upon my return my phone will not synch up with my Lexus. It says unable to synch with device / cannot find. Anyone been able to figure out the issue? thanks in advance
  • Simmz
    Simmz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My software version 3.1.2 the people I call have been complaining to me that they rarely get what i say because the sound from my side is horible. (poor sound) At times the signal disappears. any help?
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have recently bought a new iphonie 4 and use it with my Jabra BT headset. It is loud and the clearest it has ever been on any of my phones and they have all been great.The main problem for me is that the voice calling is not disabled until you put in a lock code. This is a stupid feature.I would also like to be able to turn off BT until I receive a call. Only turning it on when answering a call. Something like a 'Sync with Headset and Answer call' button.
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Options
    my iphone3 paired with my car bluetooth with no problem...cannot get my iphone4 to pair...never get the "my car" option. Any suggestions?
  • chuck
    chuck Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have had problems with my iphone4 and bluetooth not connecting but other people hearing me when i talk. This is on a jailbreak iphone4 broken with green poison. I finally restored it without a jailbreak and my bluetooth problems went away. I suspect that the jailbreak was the only problem.
  • sugandha
    sugandha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i bought iphone 4...i am able 2 switch on d bluetooth bt not able 2 send or receive files frm pc to iphone...please help
  • Harry Knutz
    Harry Knutz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Because alot of people do have problems with the new phone that's why dumbSHIT! What a fu**ing retard, stick your iP4 up your ass and see if you have any issues di**head!
  • Nawaf Ali
    Nawaf Ali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had difficulties to pair my Motorola stereo Bluetooth with my iPhone 4, and after many tries, managed to do it, sometimes it works fine, some times work on iPod but not on calls, some times works on iPod and calls but not on face time, I have latest version of OS 4.3.1, I don't know what is the problem here.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPhone 4 won't connect to anything via Bluetooth I'm sick of it
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPhone 4 won't connect to anything via Bluetooth getting bored with it now
  • stacey
    stacey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im trying to send my contacts to my new iphone 4 but it wont connect.. :( very upsetting
  • Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Iphone 4 + Plantronics Voyager 510. Thought this combo had issues, now I see I'm a little ahead of the game. The sound quality was only Ok, the range was about 4 feet (or less), messages left on anyone's phone were garbled, answering using bluetooth was ok, calling impossible (may not have been supported). Just lost my Voyager, not sure what to get next. Probably another Plantronics... we'll see.
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I used to have my iPhone 3G pair and function perfectly with my Garmin nuvi 760 GPS via Bluetooth. However, ever since I upgraded to iPhone 4G the call quality is so bad that it is completly unusable.
  • Paula
    Paula Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    SO GLAD I paid big $$ for a car with Bluetooth technology, AND big $$ for an iPhone 4G - only to end up with a phone that doesn't work with my car. Apple needs to fix this! People have been complaining about this all over message boards for almost a YEAR, still no fix. Ugh.
  • Julian Gammon III
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My Bluetooth on my iPhone4 does not work. It keeps searching and will not find either my Computer or my Jabra phone device. Its in a continuous loop.Any help?
  • glenn thomas
    glenn thomas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i have a iphone 4/ 5 mounths old as of 15.9.2011it will only pair 4 or 5 times then i have to turn off bluetooth then on and it will pairi use a parrott ck3100 lcd in built cat kit i have up dated the soft where to latest
  • Gindi
    Gindi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I also have problems with my BT.. Any other phone or PC can't find me even when it's written that iPhone4 is discoverable.. And I can't find anyone's phone also.. I was using iPhone3 and didn't have problems with it at all and I was waiting to upgrade my phone, but now I'm disappointed.. I was expecting more from this phone..
  • ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is it possible to communicate between iphone and nokia or other brand mobile phones like nokiaE66. If yes how
  • ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is it possible to communicate by bluetooth between ipone4 and other brand mobiles like nokia e66, if yes how??
  • abdola
    abdola Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • bjb
    bjb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After FIVE MONTHS of struggling with garbled sound quality over Bluetooth connections of all types, I finally discovered the solution last night, by talking to an Apple tech. iPhones do not like to be paired with more than one Bluetooth device EVER. I don't mean "at a time". Ever. The more Bluetooth devices that are paired with the iPhone over time, the worse the problem becomes. Hence, I was making my own problems worse by buying and trying new headsets. The solution (for me anyway) was to go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Then re-pair your ONE Bluetooth device of choice. Instant clarity and quality connection achieved in my case. [Of course, you then also have to re-enter your WIFI password (if applicable) because that connection is reset as well.]
  • Ebenezer sai
    Ebenezer sai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset.(1)these is noise in it(2)I can hear from e person but the person ,can't hear from me.kindly let me know the problem,if something could be done about it please
  • Rylan
    Rylan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just got the 4GS and paired it with my Infiniti but cant get the bluetooth audio device to work?? I deleted the old phone, paired the new one, entered the 1234 code in the phone, etc, I've turned off the car, reset everyrthing. When I put the music on my Iphone i never get the option MY-CAR to play the music from my Iphone through the car speakers. ARgghh! I hate Apple. Any tips?
  • Towernap
    Towernap Posts: 1
    Options
    If I knew that Iphone 4s cannot pair devices that are not apple products. I would not have thought of buying it It is disharmonious to my intention of a product which was purportedly popular but hopeless in some very important feature such pairing it with my GPS. I am more satisfied of my Nokia XpressMusic. It did not pissed me off like this Iphone 4s I have just bought recently. I thought Iphone stands paramount to Nokia, but the other way around Shame on this Iphone product of Apple!