Limera1n Out Of Beta; Includes Bug Fixes And Improvements

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You don't need to install it if you have successfully jailbroken your iPhone.

• Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress

Yes! you always need to restore to iOS 4.1 before you can use Limerain to jailbreak it. But the question is why would want to upgrade iOS 4.0.1 that is running very stable. I wouldn't anyway!

If you insist, you need to backup your Apps with pkgBackup. You will find it in cydia. Remember to always Sync with itunes after backup. This App allows you to restore all you cydia purchased or free Apps.

If your iDevice is currently unlocked and you want to stay unlocked, use Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 4.1 and preserve your baseband instead of Limerain. Limerain will upgrade your baseband and there's currently not unlock for this baseband. Just google for Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 4.1. There should be plenty of links to choose from.

I hope this has answered your question.

• aza
    aza Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

No unlock for bb 02.10/05.14 yet

• KR
    KR Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

This is the same million dollar Question I have. I to am waiting for Mac version. I am tempted to upgrade to 4.1 to save SHSH due to this limera1n being a permanent jailbreak that will work with future updates from apple

• Ash
    Ash Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Thanks Sam & iphoneHacks, I will wait for greenpoison to JB and Unlock. My iphone4 is useless right now without unlocking as I am stuck with Vodafone network.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

if you don't need to reinstall the final version of limera1n with all the fixes how would one benefit from the fixes? Does limera1n update itself?

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

also if i do decide to run limera1n again to get the updated version with fixes can i leave cydia on my phone or would i have to restore and install cydia all over again? I wouldn't think cydia would have anything to do with limera1n as they are two seperate entities, Thanks again

• Carl_Z
    Carl_Z Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Seems like you would know this... Do I need to do a restore before I upgrade to 4.1, or can I just let iTunes upgrade my iPhone to 4.1, since 4.1 gets rid of the JB anyway?

• EnigmaticAnswer
    EnigmaticAnswer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just don't understand what all the hullabaloo is about. I jailbroke 4.1 on my 3GS using Snowbreeze weeks ago. What's so special about all the coverage about greenpoinson and limerain jailbreaks?

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

You have the old bootrom 3GS. If you would have the new bootrom 3GS (or even the iPhone 4 and the iPod Tough 3G) then you would be worried about limera1n and greenpois0n... that's because that's the only way people that have those models can jalibreak

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

That response was for you enigmaticanswer

• Saatu
    Saatu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I Jailbroke my iPhone 3GS 4.0.2 a day ago using limera1n beta and unlocked using ultrasn0w but after this process, my iphone seems to lose battery. It had never drained the battery like this before. Will this new version fix this? Should I restore and re-jailbreak?

• Xavier
    Xavier Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Use ultrasnow for firmware 4.0

• Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

But how do i get it if the phone has no wifi or internet access?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Hello, im on baseband 04.26.08. If I upgrade to 4.1 and preserve it, can I unlock my 3GS with ultrasnow? Im on ios 3.0 atm and thinking of upgrading but need it unlocked too, not sure what options I have.,, Any help is appreciated.

• adrk1
    adrk1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this is going to sound crazy but by lacing your phone in a freezer for about 30 minutes you'll get the wifi working again . I had the same issue b4 and I stumbled on to this solution online.

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Some of you are complete morons and still don't get it. Nether Limera1n nor Greenpois0n have ANYTHING to do with unlocking your phone.

Ultrasn0w unlocks your phone. Look up what baseband (modem firmware) ultrasn0w works on and that will answer your questions.

In short... not on the baseband that comes with 4.1 . If you use tinyumbrella to upgrade your iPhone to 4.1, then you can keep your old baseband and THEN yes, ULTRASN0W will unlock your phone.

• S
    S Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

i did jailbreak my iphone last night and my email has been working not until 6pm today, my email push notification stopped. i deleted all my emails and recreated it but still not getting push. the only thing i get my email was to open my gmail or my yahoo and then started getting all emails i sent for the test.

has anyone having this issue?

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

HI,

I have a 3Gs on 4.0.1 which has been jailbroken with jailbreakme and unlocked with ultrasn0w. If I upgrade to 4.1 and then jailbreak with Limera1n, will it wipe the existing unlock?

• winkerwatson66
    winkerwatson66 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
    download tiny umbrella for you system, run this app and it will backup your shsh blobs to cydia and your PC.

It is simple then when you jailbreak your blobs are safe. This applies to anyone jailbroken or not.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A PATICULAR FIRMWARE to save your SHSH blobs, tinyumbrella is your friend.

• yo mama
    via Wordpress

Limerain doesn't upgrade anything. It only jailbreaks it.

Redsn0w will not work on MC boot roms or iPhone 4 or iPad.

Use tinyumbrella to upgrade the firmware without upgrading the baseband, then jailbreak with Limera1n, then install ultrasn0w. Done.

• yo mama
    via Wordpress

You simply have an old @ss phone. The end.

• Jorran
    Jorran Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Here's the situation: I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.2. I wanna jailbreak, but I also want game centre and HDR photos. BUT ITUNES CANNOT READ THE CONTENTS OF MY PHONE! So updating version is unavailable they kept asking me to restore my phone, I still want my data in. ITunes also cannot do a backup for my phone.
    Limera1n cannot jailbreak, no green water appeared on my screen. I am sure it is because of iTunes not being able to read my phone

• charlizevalley@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hello...is it able to work on iphone 3G?

• Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress

@iPhoneHacks my carrier blocks manuel editing. My mms and tethering hasn't worked for months because of a past jailbreak and now that I have a iPhone 4 facetime won't show up. I have spent hours on google but I cant find a fix other than restoring and starting again as a new phone but I need my data.

Can anyone help me or is there anyone with the same problem

• badman
    badman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would also like to know if this works with standard iphone 3G?

• Jerry
    Jerry Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

does anyone have any idea why SHSH was NOT able to save? i tried using tiny umbrella but it didnt save it for me. please help

• S41N7
    S41N7 Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Greenpois0n has now gone live. Don't think the Mac download is available at the moment though.

Link: www.greenp0ison.com

• aixcel
    aixcel Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Greenpoison has been released now http://www.greenpois0n.com/ ........

• lili
    lili Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hey, i tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 with the software,the beta and the latest one, but i cant seem to get signal on my iphone... can anyone help?

it says successful but i cant use it...