How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Using Limera1n [Mac]

Comments

• gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Dev team, can u please tell me if I can unlock my iphone 4 from "3gsunlock.co.uk" You have tham on your site. All the way up on this page. It coasts around $30. Will it really unlock my phone or it's just a scam. I've been waiting for unlock more than 2 months. Please let me know. Thanks

• Moodi
    Moodi Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
  • Snips
    Snips Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My fones working perfectly after havin jailbroken it....tks to geohot and iphonehacks

• Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress

The way I understand it is that the security hole can't be closed, meaning you'll still be unlocked if you upgrade you're firmware or it can be easily patched using the previous method of unlock. Now I could be wrong, and if so please correct me.
    The real problem is for people who use carriers other than At&t. You could update to the newest firmware, and lose your unlock capability because as far as I know there isn't a permanent unlock solution, so you'd still need to be cautious about updating.

• Grime
    via Wordpress

Sorry, please ignore my above post, I used the words unlock and instead of jailbreak. I really wish there was a way to edit prior comments.
    The way I understand it is that the security hole can't be closed, meaning you'll keep your jailbreak if you upgrade you're firmware or it can be easily patched using the previous method of jailbreak. Now I could be wrong, and if so please correct me.
    The real problem is for people who use carriers other than At&t. You could update to the newest firmware, and lose your unlock capability because as far as I know there isn't a permanent unlock solution, so you'd still need to be cautious about updating.

• Grime
    via Wordpress

What we need is a permanent jailbreak and unlock, that would be the ultimate solution, but I'm greatful for what we have now, lets just keep or fingers crossed. lol

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Working fine for me under Mac and the iPhone 4 from the german Telekom.

• dwayne Fox
    dwayne Fox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my iphone 3GS to 4.1 a month ago, I want to know if I will be able to unlock my iphone with this or what do I need to do?,
    Pwnagetool won't help me because i already upgraded? HELP HELP

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

No, it is not possible as the baseband shipped with iOS 4.1 has not been unlocked. PwnageTool will help you preserve the baseband while upgrading to iOS 4.1 assuming you are on a lower version.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I just did it and is not working!
    "unable to load network list"

• iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

My take for everyone having issues after jailbreaking. Restore your iphone and run limera1n. Do not back your phone after restore. Make sure you do all the necessary settings including the Cydia updates before you do any backup.

Most of the issues people are having is due to errors, they might already have in backups or some compatibility issues with some apps.

On the issue of itunes erasing everything from you iphone when you upgrade, not restore. I have always had success in having all my program intact after using the update feature in itunes. The only things i lose are the, jailbreak, cydia and all cydia apps. Crack apps still remains but crashes when trying to open.

Someone can also try updating rather then restore and report the findings

• who cares
    who cares Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

I had some trouble when i finished updating my firmware with tiny umbrella. It wouldn't kick my device out of recovery mode. I googled and answer and found out that its a problem with the new version of tiny umbrella. I downgraded TU to 4.1.4 and it went smooth from there.

• Gohans
    Gohans Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I am tempted to update to 4.1 and jailbrake it but i don't want to give up the TetherMe feature on my 3GS 4.0. Do any of you know if TetherMe runs on 4.1?

thank you.

Gohans!

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

are you on a new iphone 4 meaning the firmware version is 02.10.04?

• leo
    leo Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

any idea when will be possible to unlock 4.1 new baseband? I got an iphone 3gs but already came with 4.1 and baseband 5,14,02 bootloader 6.4, I was able to jailbreak it but unlock is not possible, any way I can do it? dates? hope? please!!

• Budda
    Budda Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

What about PPC mac users? This is intel only.

• Kallias
    Kallias Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Did anyone else loose WiFi after the jailbreak? It looks like I'm connected to the network, but I'm not getting any data through it...? Had to install Cydia via 3G.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

i use Mywi and that works perfectly if that helps!

• hopeful@videotron.ca
    via Wordpress

No you won't. The jailbreak only allows you to install 3rd party software. The unlock is done on the baseband and so far, nothing for the new 4.1 firmware. But keep hope as there are rumors that it might come soon.

• shroom911
    shroom911 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

PLEASE HELP ....IM TRYING TO JAILBREAKE AN NO LUCK . i cant get past the step that says dfu mode please wait ... i held the home button for 10 mins an no luck ... i also restored it an tried all steps an still stuck at tha same point ...????

• Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

Uhh, how about trying 10 seconds instead

• simon Hodgson
    simon Hodgson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey guys just tried this 7 times. Keep getting to the step after it's jail broked where you have to launch limera1n. I click on the icon and the app flashes up with the logo up the top then crashes. Not matter what each time I jailbreak it, this keeps happening...

Any ideas? Mine was JB on 4.01 prior to this and worked perfectly. So now I'm stuck because I can't install cydia.

• marcos
    marcos Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Hey can you help me anyone?? ok well ima give my iphone 3gs to a friend but he has t mobile how can i make it work for him without needing to jail break it? is thre a link? i have version 4.0.1

• valene
    valene Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i had done the jailbreak till step 10, when it ask me 2 restart my phone, but i cant go into the app page that mean it stop at the 'apple' sign. how? i cant resort it since itune cant detect the phone now... how? worry....

• buckeyemeg@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

Mine wont' go past realease the power button. Is something wrong?

• Dutzy
    Dutzy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hellow!
    can i jailbreak my 3gs ! updateing at 4.1 via itunes?
    it's jailbroke with spirit 3.1.3

• dwkazzie
    dwkazzie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the limera1n JB worked perfectly on my 3GS. I had JB'd using jailbreakme a few months ago, and then undid it when I upgraded to 4.0.2. I regretted it, so I was happy to see another JB option.

Just follow the directions exactly -- it could not be easier.

Also, I knew nothing about GeoHot, other than his "name", so I was floored to see he's only 20 years old. the only thing I could do at 20 was shotgun a beer. freaking amazing.

• To-my-AA
    To-my-AA Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yeah it seems to be happening to me.. The DFU (step 8) screen is up but won't go on.. I held the home button.. firstly for a long time.. then for 10 seconds (after resetting it). and the same. It seems it's stuck on that part.. Any thoughts?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

i am using an iphone 3gs version 3.1

How long does the phone take to restart???

Everything was fine up in till it asked me to restart my phone... the apple icon has now been on for about 20 minutes.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.