Use this Hack to Activate the Voicemail Button on your Unlocked iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUse this Hack to Activate the Voicemail Button on your Unlocked iPhone

In case you have unlocked the iPhone using one of the software-only hacks then you would be aware that visual voicemail feature does not work. The iPhone Dev Team who bought us the first free GUI based iPhone SIM unlock tool called "anySIM" have delivered once again as they have...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Luis Pagan
    Luis Pagan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I am in the Dominican Republic, using the iPhone with Orange, and the voicemail number is *777, when I type *5005*86**777# and I try to call a recording says: "Orange is not available to connect your call as dial, please try again or contact Orange customer services", what could I do to solve this???

Please, someone help me, that is the only thingh I need in order to have my iPhone working 100%.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Luis, in case you haven't tried already, why don't you try *5005*86*777# and see if it works?

• RohitSingh1982
    RohitSingh1982 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Is it going to cost anything extra on my cell phone bill to activate this feature?

And if so, how much extra is it going to be a month?

• Md6597
    Md6597 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It shouldn't cost you anything.. It just creates like a shortcut to your voicemail. SO you can use the button instead of a contact.

With some carriers you can use a shortcut like *777 to jump straight to your voice mail with others you just call your own cell phone number.

I would call your cell company and find out what the phone number is to access you voicemail from a land line (not your cell phone). Then plug that into the above steps. Like I said before with a lot of US carriers you just call your own phone number.

Good Luck.

• RohitSingh1982
    via Wordpress

I'm from Toronto, Ontario, I can't believe that this has been hacked, I love the iPhone, its amazing.

There is only one thing I can find wrong with it, and only that one.

The digital keyboard, they should have made it that if you turn the iPhone horizontally that the keyboard will end up being wider and the keys wouldnt end up being that bunched up together. The one thing that is getting to me, is hitting the wrong key every so often. My TXT ends up sounding like a half retarted person.

• RohitSingh1982
    via Wordpress

Wait a min, this isn't the digital voicemail feature, is it? All this is, is just a shortcut to get to your voicemail.

BBBOOOOOO

that was already unlocked when I got my unlocked iPhone.

This isn't new.

• Luis Pagan
    Luis Pagan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

iPhoneHacks.com Admin
    I tried with *5005*86*777# and I had the same recording, I also tried my own number, and nothing, I also called my service provider asking them if there was another number for the voicemail and there is, but I'll have to dial my phone and my password that if I dial *777 from my phone I wouldn't have to, do you have any idea of any other way I can do it???

Thanks

• al
    al Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Hi guys thanx so much for all of this info here...I unlocked by phone using ibrkr and am still using AT&T as my carrier (on a business acct). My Voicemail button is active but I dont get visual voicemail. is there any solution for this?

• Eisa AlMuhairi
    Eisa AlMuhairi Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hello, I thought this was for visual voice mail. My voicemail button was working after the unlock (different method than anySIM). So i hope it helps everyone who has trouble with it.

• Blast
    Blast Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It works for PlusGSM in Poland. Thanks a lot !

• Paulo Ebling
    Paulo Ebling Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this method does not work when your voicemail numbers contains *xxx works just when xxx is your numbers without the * my vm bt is not working also

• Blue
    Blue Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I'm not sure if this is carrier specific, or needs be programmed much in the same way as the above "hack", but with my iPhone on AT&T I'm able to hold "1" for a few seconds to dial voicemail.

• M Irfan
    M Irfan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This method worked for me in UK. I am on o2 network and i used 901 voice mail number. Voice mail is working now! Thanks for the information!

• Mobilez
    Mobilez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Confirmed working ok:

UK Vodafone *5005*86*121#
    UK o2 *5005*86*901#
    UK T-mobile *5005*86*OWNNUMBER#
    UK Orange *5005*86*+447973100123#

• hkman
    hkman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HOw can i receive SMS notification from my voicemail? my iphone did not receive sms from my carrier.....

• Adrian M
    Adrian M Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I've got a problem...I misread and thought it was to unlock visual voice mail. I already had the voice mail working, so when I dialed (*5005*86*xxx#)it actually messed it up and I can no longer get to my voice mail through that voice mail button on my iPhone. Any ideas on how I can undo what I've done? Thanks! I'm with Rogers if that helps!

• CHCOM
    CHCOM Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hkman, just type *5005*86*# and it will reset the button.

• DrSnap
    DrSnap Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I can't understand, what the big deal with the visual voicemail needing a carrier server!?

Isn't (or couldn't be) visual voicemail just an app only on the client (iPhone) that "picks up" the phone (localy) and plays a recording just to record what comes from the other side? (The caller payes the connection anyway, why should i have to pay again?)
    Why does it need a server on the carrier side?

• att1950
    att1950 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just want to say thans and it in Hong Kong.

• mac gun
    mac gun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

great !!
    it works with Hutch/Vodafone india and now my voicemail button is active on iphone

cheers
    mac

• Alejandro
    Alejandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

doesn't work, display messagge, unknow aplication.

No funciona despliega un error que dice aplicacion desconocida

• sonic
    sonic Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

works great for vodafone in germany.
    though i still cant receive any notification sms by my mailbox

i wonder if vodafone's own visual voicemail service will work with the iphone? i haven't booked it yet, but i will soon try out.

• Darrell
    Darrell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

It works! Now my phone is 100% working! Thanks for the help!

• hok
    hok Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

great it works in holland with vodafone

use 1233

• Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

It works great for Movistar in Argentine.
    Thanks!!
    Funciona perfecto para Movistar Argentina!
    Gracias!

• DH
    DH Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

In panama my voice mail number starts with an asterisk(*111), I have tried ten times and no luck....any ideas?

• Theo
    Theo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Howdy. I am living in Switzerland and have unlocked my phone to Swisscom. Can anyone tell me the code I have to enter to get voicemail working. I have one option to divert to voicemail but that blocks all incomings and sends them straight to voicemail. And the voicemail button does not work.... Any help would be greatly appreciated....

• Urs Aregger
    Urs Aregger Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an iPhone with 1.1.1 and try it with an Orange SIM card in Switzerland. I have to dial +4186078xxxxxxx
    Then I think a can handle it with the following
    *5005*86*+4186078xxxxxxx#
    The phone accept it and I have to wait a few seconds but when I push the voicemail button nothing happens.
    Also to reset with *5005*86*# doesn’t work after.
    Any idea?

• Monica
    Monica Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

panama here too, my cel phone carrier is also *111. I tried it with my own phone number, but I think that code is only for three digits... any other ideas? C&W Panama

• Monica
    Monica Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

panama here too, my cel phone carrier is also *111. I tried it with my own phone number, but I think that code is only for three digits... any other ideas? C&W Panama