Use this Hack to Activate the Voicemail Button on your Unlocked iPhone

Comments

• pless
    pless Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, i live in Venezuela and unlucked mine with iBricker and iUnlock. My carrier is Movistar and the number to call VoiceMail is: *2 i tried first with *5005*86**2# and it din't work, i also tried with *5005*86*2# but also got the error message. Any ideas?
    Pless @ Venezuela.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Worked great for my Rogers connection in Canada.

• Carlos Diaz
    Carlos Diaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi guys, i saw one of the first comments from luis in the Dominican Republic!, does anyone knows how to get orange voicemail to work on DR?, couse it seems it works in countrys that voicemail dosent starts with *777(for example), please guys help me on this one! i want to make it work!. thanks

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

I live in switzerland, using sunrise as mobile operator. Works perfect. Also the indicatior(red point) on the voicemail button is there, if a message is waiting.

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

i use my old att and this fix works great... thanks a lot

• Bastian
    Bastian Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Doesn't work for E-Plus in Germany. I used this method and now my mobile phone is not longer reachable. Does anybody know how do deactivate it? *5005*86*# and via menu is not working. At the moment nobody can call me.

• Juan Dilonex
    Juan Dilonex Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm in Dominican Republic and I found the way to make the voicemail work, dial *5005*86*8098596777#
    Note: This is the number you dial from a local phone, if it doesn't work check the number in Orange Client Service, because i dont't remember exactly the correct number.

• alexxxboy
    alexxxboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Here in Mexico with movistar the code to enter is as follows:

*5005*86*186#

cheers y que viva Pancho Villa a jijos!!!!!!

• ciaran
    ciaran Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

works great in ireland on vodafone

• Solocupos
    Solocupos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For the person from Movistar Venezuela, i found a solution:

type: *5005*86*YOURNUMBER#

Example: *5005*86*0424xxxxxxx#

Saludos ;)

• DaveT
    DaveT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HOw can i receive SMS notification from my voicemail? my iphone did not receive sms from my carrier..... Vodafone ireland

• Marcel
    Marcel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Works great!
    I am on a Bouygues Telecom sim in France and had to use:

*5005*86*660#

Thanks...

• Dirk
    Dirk Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Hi! It works with Vodafone Germany. The number is 5500. Does anybody know where I can find technical information how visual (!) voicemail works in background?!

• freddy
    freddy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I got a couple of iPhones in USA and unlocked with freedom something. Mine works perfect with my tmobile service in and out of the states but my wife's service is Movistar and as soon as I insert her sym chip is impossible to make calls and check SMS. Looks like sim itself look this options as I tried with my tmobile one and also works great. Could you please help me out on this?

Rgrds,

Freddy Chirinos

• slashjay
    slashjay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am also in Switzerland with Orange (v1.1.1), tried several entries
    *5005*86*004178xxx#
    *5005*86*+4178xxx#
    *5005*86*+4186078xxx#
    *5005*86*078xxx#
    nothing seems to work ;(
    any hint ?
    thx in advance

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

I can access the voicemail service by tapping the button, but I don't receive any notification when a new message arrives to the voicemail(No red number in a circle on top of the voicemail icon), how can I fix that???, thanks.

• lulu
    lulu Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I cant access my voicemail while i was able to before i tapped the code. now i cant at all .
    please help me on that mattter asap

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

In Thailand on ver 1.1.1 unlocked with AIS carrier I got it to work with their alternate number for Voice mail. *5005*86*90099# and it works

• Carlos Diaz
    Carlos Diaz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi i saw the comment on Bastian , for the voicemail for dominican republic, it works , but it dosent give you any signs that there is a new voicemail, so is ot actually working, how can i make the iphone show me that theres new voicemail?, thanks anyways

• prashant
    prashant Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

guys any info on activating voicemail for bharti Airtel in India

• yunib
    yunib Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

on orange uk - i dont receive voice mail notification. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Jnee
    Jnee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a red dot without a number showing number of msgs in the voice mail. I have never set up a voice mail previously, so shouldn have received anything. Any idea of removing the red dot? Thanks.

• casey678
    casey678 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi
    I am in New Zealand, and have an unlocked iphone with 1.0.2. I have got the voicemail button working. However, It seems everyone is asking the same question, but no one has the answer - how can I get SMS notification when my voicemail has received a new message?

Any clever people out there with the answer?

• SR
    SR Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am in Mauritius and have activated voicemail on Cellpplus - 123

• kolkata_dreamz
    kolkata_dreamz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Dear Sir,
    I’m facing a problem for couple of days ago.one person harrassing me over phone.his no is 9734633275.he abussing me at late night over phone.i’ll take legal action against him but before that please sir,let me know the person details to me whether i would able to confirm or recognize the person.i live in Kolkata,India.i must sure that the person live in Kolkata also.please sir,help me out.i would be very grateful to u.my id is arup4dost@gmail.com.plz sir,send that person detail to my id.
    Your's faithfully
    Aditya

• TimO
    TimO Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

All of my iPhone features work on my unlocked phone except the internet, it says EDGE not available or something like that..does anyone know how to fix this or is it dependent on the service you use?

• René Abe
    René Abe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HI, I'm from Brazil and use Claro Operator. Usually, we use *100 to access Voicemail - but I used *5005*86*0yyzzxxxxxxxx# and worked fine! (yy: long distance operator code; zz: area code; xxxxxxxx own cell phone number).

• Nas
    Nas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi I unlocked my US phone to be used in the UK. I unlocked it with Anysim and got the voicemail to work using the method described. It does not tell me when I have a voicemail message though.

I tested it and its takes the recording but i have to manually check, especially when i receive a missed call that there is not a missed voiced mail.

Anyone have any ideas how I can receive an SMS message showing me this?

• tj yeahright
    tj yeahright Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

works all perfect on my iphone in denmark…thanks

• Anirudh
    Anirudh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have a red dot without a number on the phone option. when i click on phone, i can see a red dot on the voice mail option. then when i click on voicemail, nothing happens. how can i get my iphone rid of this ugly red dot?