Unlocking iPhone After Updating Baseband To 06.15.00 Causing GPS Issues?

Comments

• Tacoma
    Tacoma Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    SAM doesn't fix GPS things, don't give out false info. Turn off your wifi and 3g n see if you GPS will work with Tomtom and Navigon or not. You don't need wifi or 3g to use with these apps, it uses global positioning system GPS
  • german
    german Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have 3GS (MB715LL) on 4.1 and made the Jailbreak on 4.1 upgrade to 06.15.00 and unlolck with Ultrasnow. Every thing is working fine. No problem with Battery, WiFi or GPS
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    i need a iphone 3g custom bundle so that i can upgrade again to 4.2.1 anyone knows where i can find it. i have windows not mac
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I have iphone 3gs still in 3.1.2 can someone tell me if I can upgrade to 4.1 and keep my BB no change? if so what do I need to use?Thanks
  • Andym
    Andym Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I Jailbroke with Redsn0w and unlocked via ultrasn0w and lost use of my GPS, tried loading 2 different satnav apps but neither work :( I use satnav daily for work. Pleeeease find a patch
  • T.A
    T.A Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have got GPS problem after unlocking and changing basband no GPS signals, I hope Dev team fix it soon.
  • I thought so, 4.2.1 update, JB, & Unlock are lousy that comes w/ greater hazards than supposed productivity. battery issues, Microsoft Calendar, & now GPS loss. What's next to be discovered?? I love the 4.1 update better, & saurik of "cydia is right" by saying that he uses 4.1 & have no plans of updating though it takes years. Where the hell can i DL or update my unjailbroken iDevices to 4.1? I just want 4.1! Great & very smooth exploit from geohot's "limera1n"!!! 4.1 please! anybody know hot to update to 4.1 cming from a 3.1.3 version???? Least i can hope & pray for is a smooth update of 4.3 when they rumored to be out by Mid-December. & a furnished Jailbreak as well to the said version. Where art thou Geohot!? A lot needs ur genius exploit!
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    ....'all that' for an upgrade?..well to some unlockerss who had 'accidentally' upgraded, it came as a very welcome development to be able to use the iphone as a phone again. i guesss they'll be happy to live with it untill a fix is found. Keep it up Dev team
  • ekon45
    ekon45 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I updated my phone when this new unlock got released.Im on 4.2.1 and 06.15.00 I run t-mobile i tried att and also works. I have no problems what so ever. My gps works normal and also my wifi phone is basically like if i was on 3.2.1 just a tad slower. I have a 3g and only thing it was running slow due to spotlight and multitasking. Other than that now being removed it runs great. No issues on my end.
  • Nick kara
    Nick kara Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Everything works fine 3GS 4.1 jailbreak (limera1n) b.b 6.15.00 t-mobile
  • Nick kara
    Nick kara Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    People you should have waited to hear what happens to other people when a new hack comes out. I waited and after listening to the problems. I just upgraded my b.b To 6.15.00My 3GS was already jailbroken so I left everything alone just upgraded to unlock. No problems what's so ever ( god willing I won't have any)
  • WarezChewy
    WarezChewy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    ^___. Sn0wbreeze 2.1 to make custom 4.1 firmware and ireb to make the phone take it in iTunes
  • Nels
    Nels Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Will there be an unlock for baseband 5.14.02?
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    I have a new bootrom model iPhone 3Gs that I used Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS version 4.1(8B117) and update the modem firmware to 6.15.00. I then used ultrasn0w to unlock the phone. My GPS does not work now. I have tested it with both the Maps app and the MotionX GPS Lite app. The wi-fi and cellular triangulation work but I can not get a GPS fix. I just wanted to let people know what my experience was.
  • xico said
    xico said Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes, I have the problem after the upgrade the GPS baseband 06:15:00.I'm waiting for the solution because I'm lost in the world with my iPhone without GPS
  • Sparkytl4
    Sparkytl4 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have now completely restored my iPhone 3gs 5 times trying to isolate what i do that makes the battery drain begin. The best I can tell at this point is that when I add my mobile me account the drain begins if I do this immediately after the jailbreak and even before the unlock over wifi the drain becomes immediately apparent. I am not sure if there is a fix for this or not but just to help anyone else out that is what i have found.
  • amanda
    amanda Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I have just JB my iphone 4.2.1 to the 06.15.00 on rebooting after installing Ultrasnow the phone has frozen to recovery mode. I cannot plug in to itunes to restore now, any ideas how to activate phone without itunes??? Or have I just ruined my phone that I still have to pay for??
  • dane11666
    dane11666 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I've just up grade my iphone 3gs with the 4.1 firmware and to 06.15.00 baseband. before i do that i still can used my gps but nowit doesn't working anymore, my iphone always asking about the cellular data network. i've already turn on the cellular data but still the same, i can not the gps.
  • HuesoNet
    HuesoNet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 3G, GPS is not working since update BB.
  • Koen
    Koen Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Just to clarify.I have a 3GS with an official carrier.I restored my iphone to factory specs= 4.2.1 BB 06.15 Official Tom tom installed. NO GPS . Maps NO GPS.So I doubt if it is because of the JB or a BB issue only
  • Shaz
    Shaz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded my 3GS(later firmware)to 4.1 in Nov 2010 jail-broke it with Limera1n but due to non availability and long wait for waited unlock I upgraded to 4.2.2 Jilbroke with redsnow and got the phone unlocked with Cydia where GPS was also functioning with no battery problem. Unluckily due to tethered jailbreak to reduce the battery consumption in order to avoid reboot I put the notifications off from setting and when I needed GPS after few days I put the notifications on but alas there was no GPS acquiring and signals which few of my applications also confirmed to me - Brilliant IPhone Develop Team just come up with the final solution soon plz-
  • Russell
    Russell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    My iphone's GPS went out when i upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 and ipad baseband 06.15.00 (with the help of redsn0w_0.9.6b6 and ultrasn0w). Today i fixed the GPS problem as well as came back to iOS 4.1. This is how it was done:1. Run TinyUmbrella and start TSS server2. Put the phone in DFU mode3. Open iTunes and restore the phone with iOS 4.14. Error 1015 comes up, and the phone boots into recovery mode5. Use TinyUmbrella to put the phone out of recovery mode6. the phone boots and comes in the 'emergency call' state7. Run Limera1n (version RC1b) and make it rain and phone got unlocked.8. Use redsn0w redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5 to install Cydia in iPhone9. Add repo666.utrasn0w.com in Cydia source-list and install ultrasn0w.10. Now the phone is in 4.1, with baseband 06.15.00, GPS is working fine
  • Wraithers
    Wraithers Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey Mad, try placing your iPhone on/next to your wireless router and you might be able to pick up a signal - it worked for me after creating a custom IPSW with Pwnage Tool 0.9.6b and updating to iPad baseband.. It's not a fix, but at least it will allow you to get hacktivated and then get SAM =)We need a proper fix for this Dev-Team..
  • Shaz
    via Wordpress
    Thanks a lot Dear Russell, I am going to try your recipe :-) and will give a feed back Take Care
  • Shaz
    via Wordpress
    Dear Thanks a lot my 3GS remained partialy successful, as I got rid of Tethered Boot however GPS :_( yet not working , it just show arrow above but cannot obtain its position on map and coordinates - Thanks again -
  • midkidd
    midkidd Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    any more feedback on russell's recipe?
  • Shaz
    via Wordpress
    No Yar , midkidd not encouraging for GPS and tonight Cydia is also crashing , anyhow I have got the cell service back through ultrasn0w after Friend Russel procedure but without GPS i am not enjoying and feeling good , this ipad basebasnd has rogered GPS of my device - let us see the developing teams what they do on Eve of Christmis - Few more additions I can give than u even need not to run redsnow and can install cydia through limera1n , other then tiny umbrella u can use IREB4.0 x4.1 to go both in DFU mode and nullifying error 1015 these are additives to Russels Recipe ha ha :-)
  • tug
    tug Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    yes my GPS is not working too.3G, 06.15.00, 4.1so, I want to upgrade to 4.2, but no luck
  • roro
    roro Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Tried Russell's method and did not successfully get my GPS working. I'm on 3G, downgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.1 on BB 6.15.00. Maybe it's a hit and miss?
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Had major issues with my jailbroken 3G on 4.0.2. Eventually restored and attempted to jailbreak with latest redsn0w. Baseband updated to 6.15.00 but no cydia. Restored again after got the apple and spinning circle. Restored again to 3.1.3 still with 6.15.00 but can't seem to jail break on anything vie tried. Should I upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and try again? Is there a way to jailbreak 3G 3.1.3 with 6.15.00? Any suggestions? Jail break seems to hang up on "downloading jailbreak data" or just peters out and resets phone but keeps current fw.