Unlocking iPhone After Updating Baseband To 06.15.00 Causing GPS Issues?

Comments

• Stephane
    Stephane Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Since I updated to baseband 6.15.0. on my 3GS runing iOS 4.1. I lost GPS and cannot record video anymore. I restored again with 4.1 and still have the same problems.
  • Vince
    Vince Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I just used the Russel method described above and...TADA!!! 4.1 with GPS enabled. Factory activated with my original SIM, and unlocked to boot.
  • Vince
    via Wordpress
    I should mention that I did not use limera1n as described in Russel post. I used Redsnow instead since it exploits with limera1n.
  • Vince
    via Wordpress
    False positive. I don't have gps back. It was my wifi that was showing me as pinpointed. When I went around the block, no dice.
  • bmac
    bmac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I'm running a 3gs with baseband 6.15.00 and on software 4.1. I lost my gps functionality.
  • michal
    michal Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    yes, it was weird, that after the jailbreak i used the tomtom app for about maybe 3 days.. The google maps were no use, and after that, the whole gps stoped working, i know i got my selfe into this, but i realy hope you guys help us out,
  • Henk
    Henk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I hope there will be a way to downgrade the 6.15 modem firmware.Have a 3gs end no gps.software 4.1 with 06.15.00 baseband.
  • dennis321
    dennis321 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hallo ich habe kaum noch Netzempfang ...3G Baseband: 06.15.00 Firmware : 4.2.1 Bootloader 6.2 brauche dringend hilfe!!
  • rayvandy
    rayvandy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi vee, do u have ur push notification working? coz mine dead since i update to 06.15.00 even though i installed SAM and push doctor :(
  • rayvandy
    rayvandy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    my GPS is WORKING perfectly, but not for push notification. i installed SAM and push doctor but no luck. im running on 4.2.1 06.15.00 old bootrom at&t locked
  • lisp
    lisp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi all I am about to attempt to unlock my jailbroken iphone 3g using the (SAM)method, I understand that I am taking a risk of losing GPS once I update to b.b. 06.15.00 but unlocking would be worth it. Were I'm confused is when I run redsn0w 0.9.6cr8 and i get to the page were i click "Deactivate" do I still click "Fetch Ipad b.b" and "Install Cydia" or do I let the (sam) program do all the work? Also concerning the custom IPSW restore, I know Pwnage tools creates a custom one for you but I wont be useing Pwnage just redsn0w and ultrasn0w. I dl a restore of the os i currently have 4.2.1 and redsn0w recognizes it, but is there some other step to make it "custom" that I am unaware of? Sorry if these questions are redundant, this is my first unlock and I'm trying to avoid any stupid nube mistakes.Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
  • shom
    shom Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I got everything ok, But everytime my phone turns power off or goes dead (no battery) it will not get on again, unless I launch RedSn0w, plug the iPhone in and select “just boot tethered” to kick boot my iPhone 3gs.This is very annoying as it means I have to carry a computer with me.Anyone resolve this problemI am not sure if there is a fix for this.thanks
  • Kaas
    Kaas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same problem here, no gps after ultrasnow
  • john boi
    john boi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    what a **** - wish they had a warning or i wouldnt have bothered
  • Anna
    Anna Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I unlocked it now and its working perfectly fine :)
  • Dennis X W
    Dennis X W Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem. Hope there is a fix. Thx a lot!
  • cosiaca
    cosiaca Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    1rst 3g bl 6.4 model mb046 everything worked fine on 4.1 06.15.00 custom pwnage. 2nd bl 5.9 model mb046 battery drains, battery percent erratic, gps lost but returned after ultrasn0w, I don't trust on wifi while before it has lost in previous jb and unlock.
  • Mark Bartlett
    Mark Bartlett Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Exactly. This pissed me off. No GPS for few weeks now and i used it every day.
  • No Data
    No Data Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded to 4.1 bb 06.15.00. Now if cellular data is turned ON, I can send and receive sms, mms, emails, browse, & make calls, but I cannot receive incoming calls. The caller will hear the line ring several times and then it goes to vm without any incoming caller ID/missed call notification on the handset, unless their is already another call in progress, then teh incoming call is noticed.If cellular data is turned OFF, calls can be made and received normally, sms works, but mms does not work, and no emailing or browsing or other data features without wifi.Will upgrading to 4.2.1 correct this or is there another patch I should use instead?Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • No Data
    No Data Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    BTW I'm on a 3GS, using tmobile and the battery discharges noticeably faster since upgrading from 3.1.3 to 4.1
  • Zeeshan
    Zeeshan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Dear All,I am facing wifi issue with my iphone 3gs 4.2.1 new boot rom. as it can only be detected from a very short distance to router . is there any fix for it
  • dflatline
    dflatline Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    my iphone 3g redsn0w /ultras 6.15.00 4.1 no gps no safari no wi fi says im connected on wi fi but dont work and cydia dont work right errors and cant get to the home page
  • cmoin
    cmoin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    do we know if the solution is to downgrade baseband or is it something else...(what are THEY working on)?
  • mj
    mj Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I have a 3g running 4.1 updated baseband "BAD CHOICE" I have no GPS issues like others, my problem is signal drops then it says NO SERVICE. Searching online I find out that those who updated iPad baseband (6.15.00) also updated bootloader to 6.4 which cannot downgrade. Then I found the following info: (Please read) iPhone 3G initially comes with bootloader 5.8 followed by 5.9, 6.2 and the latest is 6.4 The Baseband is the processor that manages all of the activities of the antenna from wifi to bluetooth and of course the cellular signal. So if you have updated baseband, all you have to do is wait for DEV-TEAM to come up with some app to downgrade this, so we all are without an iphone for a while....!!! I HATE THIS.
  • Alex King
    Alex King Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm Facing more than that, my Cellulare data is out of order. I can see the "E" on the reception buy no Internet Connection.
  • abenedetti
    abenedetti Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Gps not working.iPhone 3GS4.1 (8B117)05.14.02iBoot: 359.3.2
  • NRV
    NRV Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same here, almost lost my iPhone to the wall the other day when I have had enough..!, GPS useless after upgrading to 06.15.00. Just trying to use ANY app that requires GPS loses me signal all together GPS and Phone signal.So staying away from GPS Apps if I want to be able to at least make phone calls.B.T.W. I am on "Orange UK"
  • stoner
    stoner Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    same ere guys...3gs on 4.2 jailbreak greenpoison, once updated the ipad BB, lost GPS and also push. SAM fixes the battery drain issue only. tried activating n de-activating a couple of times but still same result.hope there's a fix soon 4 us whinney wankers :p hehehecheers n keep up d good work iphone-dev team
  • stoner
    via Wordpress
    hey man, had d same prob b4 dis too. wen my 3gs was on 4.1 n ipad bb, the phone was very non responsive, batt drain, cellular/data prob and GPS lost.After updating to 4.2 n jailbreak using redsnow/greenpoison and also SAM, it fixes the non-resposive crap, batt drain, cellular/data problem:) but GPS and Push doesn't work at all :(
  • stoner
    via Wordpress
    try latest greenpoison, it fixes the tethered jailbreak. no more have to boot thru redsnow :)