Greenpois0n: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Released [Updated]

12346»

Comments

• Kotch
    Kotch Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    If your pc is newer than p4 the download this h**p://thepiratebay.org/****/5996525/Mac_Snow_Leopard_for_PC_s__iATKOS_S3_v2.zipWhen download is done burn it on dvd at 4x speed and the follow this video h**p://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=3GfQGUr7X4I and it should workTo install on different partition Google it.. There are many walkthroughs
  • anand
    anand Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Getting error failed after a fresh restore too in ipad 3g 64gb ..
  • kei
    kei Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I really, really, REALLY would wait a week.But don't wait much longer. 4.3 will be out before you know it, and then you won't be ABLE to update to 4.2.1 before jailbreaking!
  • Pun1x
    Pun1x Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If you get Unable to find gBdevListUnable to find fs_mountUnable to find fs_unmountUnable to find fs_load_fileDon't worry just run redsn0w after that and load Cydia.It worked for my on 3GS and 4Make sure you are using GP rc2!
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    ok so i have 4.1 on my device and i want to upgrade to 4.2 without loosing any apps,music or videos. how do i do that. i am currently jailbreaked on 4.1
  • tukkertown
    tukkertown Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 "Failed" ErrorOk, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the "Failed" error, here's what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you're using Greenpois0n RC5_22. Make sure device is connected to your Mac3. Open Terminal4. Type "cd Desktop" without quotes and hit enter5. Type "open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n" without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak7. Once jailbroken, a green "Loader" will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 88. Turn off your device9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b610. Make sure the only option checked is "Install Cydia"11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad 64gb 3g thnxxxxxx
  • tukkertown
    via Wordpress
    on ipad work perfectSOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 "Failed" ErrorOk, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the "Failed" error, here's what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you're using Greenpois0n RC5_22. Make sure device is connected to your Mac3. Open Terminal4. Type "cd Desktop" without quotes and hit enter5. Type "open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n" without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak7. Once jailbroken, a green "Loader" will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 88. Turn off your device9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b610. Make sure the only option checked is "Install Cydia"11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad 64gb 3g thnxxxxxx
  • tukkertown
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 “Failed” Error
Ok, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the “Failed” error, here’s what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you’re using Greenpois0n RC5_2
2. Make sure device is connected to your Mac
3. Open Terminal
4. Type “cd Desktop” without quotes and hit enter
5. Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start
6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak
7. Once jailbroken, a green “Loader” will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 8
8. Turn off your device
9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b6
10. Make sure the only option checked is “Install Cydia”
11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow
12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad 64gb 3g thnxxxxxx
  • Danny Kennedy
    Danny Kennedy Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    How about windows????????
  • tukkertown
    via Wordpress
    SOLVED: Greenpois0n RC5 “Failed” ErrorOk, for those of you that are trying to use Greenpois0n to jailbreak 4.2.1 and getting the “Failed” error, here’s what I did and it worked. NOTE: The steps below assume that Greenpois0n.app is on your Desktop.1. Make sure you’re using Greenpois0n RC5_22. Make sure device is connected to your Mac3. Open Terminal4. Type “cd Desktop” without quotes and hit enter5. Type “open Greenpois0n.app/Contents/MacOS/greenpois0n” without quotes and hit enter. A second Terminal window will open and Greenpois0n will start6. Follow the instructions in Greenpois0n to enter DFU mode and it will jailbreak7. Once jailbroken, a green “Loader” will be added to your device. This is supposed to allow you to install Cydia, but mine would not. If yours is the same, go to step 88. Turn off your device9. Open Redsn0w 0.9.7b610. Make sure the only option checked is “Install Cydia”11. Follow the instructions in Redsnow12. Voila! Cydia is installed, and you have an untethered 4.2.1 jailbroken device!Yes Yes Yes it works on ipad 64gb 3g thnxxxxxx
  • bestman50
    bestman50 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I was able to jailbreak my 16GB wi-fi iPad I also got theUnable to find gBdevListUnable to find fs_mountUnable to find fs_unmountUnable to find fs_load_fil But the launch app showed up. I did try to install Cydia using redsn0w but it didn't work. I kept hitting the launch app and it finally installed cydia. not sure what happened. also in itunes at one point had 2 ipad devices listed. mine and one that needed to be activated I deleted the second one. So far every thing works. Not sure if I just got lucky. I am going to wait on jailbreaking my iPhone4.
  • SirTap
    SirTap Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Is anyone able to help? No matter what program to jailbreak my phone I download, from limera1n to now greenpois0n, I am not even able to try it out, etc...I keep getting an error saying "Safari can’t open the file “greenpois0n” because no available application can open it." What does this mean? I am a new mac addict, and really would love some help!!
  • SirTap
    SirTap Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Is anyone able to help? No matter what program to jailbreak my phone I download, from limera1n to now greenpois0n, I am not even able to try it out, etc...I keep getting an error saying "This file cannot be opened as it is not supported by this architecture" what does that mean? I am a new mac owner (and complete addict/pc deserter!). can someone please help!!
  • matatoto
    matatoto Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Finally. jailbrake my 3g,3gs,ipadfollow tukkerstown method for ipad.
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    You need to download something that allows you to open .zip files. Normally Mac OS X allows you to do that automatically. Look for something like Stuffit Expander, I think it is.
  • Greentime
    Greentime Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    OK, I screwed this up a couple times before getting it to work flawlessly. I wouldn't be afraid to try it as long as you back up your iphone first. After you back it up, restore it. Download the correct Green Poison and follow the instructions. After you load it restore the iphone to the correct date. Nothing will be lost and it will be perfect. I had to take the chance since I had started getting tired of having to teather boot and bring my macbook everywhere with me. Cheers!
  • DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    depends if your using an intel or PPC mac system, i dont think the software supports PPC anymore since its been phased out by Apple a while ago.
  • sirius69
    sirius69 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    no you do not just run it over i just did it all program cydia ect all there
  • Rick Burke
    Rick Burke Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Greenpois0n does work on 3gs, but just needs a little jiggery pokery if you're getting the 'fs_mount' error. Keep the home button pressed a little longer after receiving the message (I did it to the end of the jailbreak) but it will work.
  • Dirtnap
    Dirtnap Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    This is very frustrating!! I have been waiting so long for GP to put out 4.2.1, and iPHONE 3G is not included?? C'MON!!! Are they going to support iPhone 3G on Windows? They do on Mac! PLEASE!
  • Never Trust
    Never Trust Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I have Jailbreak iphone 4 4.2.1 but sim is still unlockedcan any1 guide how to unlock the sim for i phone4 4.2.1 base band 03 10 01
  • HeatProblem
    HeatProblem Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    After the greenp0ison jailbreak, my brand new iphone 4 is heating on "normal" use, any idea why anyone? Thanks.
  • Star
    Star Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    heyyy i really need sum help i just tried jailbreaking my ipod i did everything right but now its stuck on a black screen with tiny white letters how long is it supposed to stay like that b4 it will restart itself... kinda freaked out dunno whats goin on ... please help
  • Cameron
    Cameron Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I try to run the Green Pois0n but it will not work because it is not supported on this architecture. Can anyone Help????
  • Abhi
    Abhi Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Guys i'm having this 2g itouch(mc) when I use greenpoison it always stucks at initializing greenpoison .............Further greenpoison shows jailbreak failed I hv tried many times ........Plz guys help me out ...i need dis to be jailbreak Os 4.2.1
  • jingxiamnh
    jingxiamnh Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    If you live in a coastal community of a region recognized for catastrophic seismic activity and tsunamisif you really feel the earth move you get to high ground you dont wait for an official to let you know what to do.
  • BlackJack
    BlackJack Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello all, I have iPhone 3gs 16GB running iSO 4.2.1 baseband 6.15... Last night I did installed Celeste bluetooth app and after installing it my device restart and still showing the greenpois0n SKULL on the black screen. I have tried many methods but all fail.Any idea???Thank you in advance and appreciate any help.