AT&T Clamping Down On Unofficial iPhone Tethering

13»

Comments

• SALVADORIAN
    SALVADORIAN Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    THIS IS GETTING SO NASTY!!SIGNING UP TWO YEAR FAMILY PLAN CONTRACT :FIRST OF ALL THEY OFFERED US UNLIMITED DATA FOR A SINGLE IPHONE IN OUR ENTIRE FAMILY PLAN. SECONDLY ONE YEAR LATERTHEY TOLD ME I COULD ADD ANOTHER IPHONE BUT MY CONTRACT WAS GOING TO BE RENEWED WITH THE NEW STINKY DATA PLANS WHICH THEY NO LONGER GIVE YOU UNLIMITED DATA USE...A FEW YEARS BACK THEY BOUGHT A SMALL COMPANY CALLED PARROT WIRELESS WHICH WASN'T WELL KNOWN BUT STARTING GAINING LOTS OF USERS. I WASN'T NOTICED ABOUT THEY SUDDEN CHANGE OF CARRIERS AND I WAS USING ROAMING WHICH LATER I WAS CHARGED $2.50 PER MIN. ( REALLY INSANE )I WAS SUPPOSELY CHARGED EVERY THREE MONTHS AROUND $65 x 3 =$195 BUT AFTER AT&T TOOK OVER, I WAS CHARGED $600 THEN NEXT BILL WAS $350 SO, I DECIDED TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT AND I WAS CHARGED CANCELLATION FEE = $175 PLUS ANOTHER $350 FROM LAST BILL WHICH I DELAYED TO PAY SO, TOTAL AMOUNT DUE WAS INCLUDING LATE FEE TOTALING $730 WHICH WAS SENT BY COLLECTORS AGENCY. ALL I GOT WAS GETTING SCREWED MY CREDIT AND TRUSTING A SHITTY SERVICE. ( DROP CALLS, COSTUMER DONT CARE LINE AND SO ON )ATT&T LOSING CREDIVILITY BIG TIME. NEVER BELIEVE TO THEM, NEVER TRUST TO THEM.
  • purplemaize
    purplemaize Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    thanks I am thinking of doing that... in January of 2012 because of my 2nd phone line is still in my name. My son will put it his name on his birthday.. Thanks for the advice.
  • purplemaize
    via Wordpress
    Apple is not to blame for what AT&T are doing. AT&T are doing this because they got caught over charging schools for using their internet. So they have to pay the money back to the government.
  • purplemaize
    via Wordpress
    Do you know if you shut of your 3G or your 4G on you iphone it still works and it saves on your battery plus you can still use you wifi and it will be stronger?
  • Fuck me Freddie
    Fuck me Freddie Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    You have lost your mind. And if ATT does this I defiantly smell class action lawsuit. Would that be double jeopardy if you had an unlimited plan. And also unlimited should meen just that cause I don't remember wining anything that said I couldn't tether or use my phone as a personal hot spot when I signed up for unlimited data. And unless they change the contract and offer me an out they can't change the rules in mid swing without being in contractual default thus subject to a lawsuit and possibly an anti trust investigation by the FCC. I believe I'm right in these assumptions. Any legal types care to offer any enlightenment if I'm wrong.
  • Former AT&T Techie
    via Wordpress
    Ha Ha Ha. It is all moot now. AT&T just announced today that they are buying T-mobile.
  • digitalmechanic
    digitalmechanic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    uhm, i average 4GB a month easy and that' s just pandora, webex conferences and netflix.
  • jhj159
    jhj159 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think this is bullshit what att is doing, does anybody know if this had happened after the 4.3 update? What about syncing there phones? I have not sync my phone in months, I think everytime u sync, all the information gets sent to att. To hell with att
  • Zerofire03
    Zerofire03 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I totally agree with you. When I got the text/email the other day, I was thinking I would totally jump ship to t-mobile. Then yesterday this bullshit comes out that AT&T is buying T-Mobile. AT&T is just a big bully in the mobile market, and they are only getting bigger and going to start picking on more people. AT&T needs to be stopped in their tracks. These antics that they are using are absolutely wrong. Like everyone has said, unlimited means unlimited. Just because I stream video, listen to Pandora constantly, download games, remote desktop for my job, and then of course email and surfing the internet, does not mean that I am tethering. A big **** you to AT&T for trying to play this game.
  • Coolpal
    Coolpal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've tethered my iPhone 4 today to watch cricket world cup match at work... probably used about 300Mb in a span of about 4 hours.. I have unlimited plan.No emails so far.
  • Emoney609
    Emoney609 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    AT&T just sent me this message today! I thought I was safe using ios 4.0.1, so this isn't just happening to 4.3!!! I haven't used mywi in a week. So I'm a bit pissed off that they sent this **** today! Bout to call a lawyer and see if sueing is even an option. Anyway, just wanted to post to let people know that it's not ios 4.3 or 4.3.1 that let's AT&T know. I too think there just going after heavy data users! Mywi or not, I would like to know if any unjailbroken phones who just stream with no tethering seen this message?
  • gabbboel
    gabbboel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    this is so sad for everybody att sent me the same email i have unlimited plan contract i been a havy user from the beginning
  • gabbboel
    gabbboel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    did u found out something i got the same email today
  • angry man
    angry man Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    What part of the word "unlimited" do the people at at&t not understand? I believe this is a clear case of false advertising. Unfortunately, us Americans have been so beaten down by these mega-craporations that we will let them get away with it.Power to the people, people!
  • Erik gomez
    Erik gomez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Att upgraded my tethering plan n I called n a spoke to a rude person n told me I can't do anything about it !!! N no longer have unlimited usage help!?
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Just got my letter today. I think I should send them my bill for Verizon mifi because their signal sucks so bad.