Gevey SIM Unlocks iPhone 4 Including iOS 4.3.1, iOS 4.3 Baseband 04.10.01 But It's Illegal

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGevey SIM Unlocks iPhone 4 Including iOS 4.3.1, iOS 4.3 Baseband 04.10.01 But It's Illegal

If you’ve been eagerly waiting for iPhone Dev Team to release a software solution to unlock your iPhone then may have also heard about a SIM card hack called Gevey SIM.

Gevey SIM Interproser doesn't need users to jailbreak their iPhone but works by forcing the activation of the baseband using the emergency dialer. It can unlock iPhone 4 basebands 04.10.01 (bundled with iOS 4.3, iOS 4.3.1), 03.10.01 (bundled with iOS 4.2.1), 02.10.04 (bundled with iOS 4.1).

This is how it works:

Read the full story here

Comments

• xyldraxxx
    xyldraxxx Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    wow!!! clap.. clap...
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Awe, poor unlockers. Can't you just call the number then hang up before it starts ringing? Or am I missing something. If you can do that, then there's probably no way for them to trace you.
  • iOS4
    iOS4 Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    Very tempting but i will look more into the 112 before buying on. This could be the solution for all the people waiting for the unlock.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THOUGH!!!!!
  • Unlock_Watcher
    Unlock_Watcher Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Wow, this was a very interesting article. Thanks because I was about to buy this thing to unlock my i4. So I wait & wait till that unlock day...smh
  • Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    I used Gevey way back on my Iphone 3G before yellowsn0w was first released while it was good for calls there was also no data connection. Seems there most recent effort for Iphone 4 is just for calls as i did not see the data icon appear next to carrier name(correct me if im wrong on that) Guys its just not worth it if people on mass use this and networks will detect it because of the hung up emergency calls it will be too high profile they will just ban accounts left right and centre if it was not for the 112 emergency call i would say it would be ignored but with that and the possible implications its a no go. Still good to know its technically possible but not practical on mass
  • Zohaib
    Zohaib Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    guys if you are so desperate in unlocking your iphone then you should have bought a factory unlocked one. i know its more expensive but its so worth it.
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    damn this gavey torbo-sim cost $70.usd on ebayhow about if we ppl who need unlock donate $10. each to Muscle Nerd so he can herry finished his unlocking solution for us. what u all think?
  • Mindiq
    Mindiq Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    That's a great idea, but he doesn't say anything...
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    For $70, that is too expensive.
  • ordny
    ordny Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    too late,, already bought mine,,, get it on monday
  • Steve98uk
    Steve98uk Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    May be illegal in the U.S.A But how do you know about other countrys?$70 to actually use the thing as a phone instead of a $400 paperweight???Someone either at the dev team or a&at should wake up and smell the coffee- hundreds will be paying $70 for this card regardless if its illegal or not -- how much is that going to bring these guys? If the Dev team COULD unlock this phone and charged $20 people would fall over them selves to get it-same applies to a&at,why keep it locked to there network? what a loss of easy money-- Good luck to these gevey sim fellers they gona be VERY rich very quick!
  • Goodman
    Goodman Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Why not buy unlocked phone?
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    dont work.......i tried..... failed....
  • SV
    SV Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Am I missing something. Every video I have watch, none of them show the "E" for edge. Does this thing allow you to still use data?
  • Truth
    Truth Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Well let me tell u first that I'm posting this with my IPhone 4 IOS 4.3.1 with T-mobil (USA) fainally and after more than 6 and thanks to gevey sim And it work great , yea I spend $75.76 with all taxes, but well what is that comparing with the $400,$500 and even more that we paid for our iPhones just to have them there like a simple iPod or paperweight , about if is Illegal I don't really think so u just dial the 112 # for 2 seconds u don't even conect la call and emergency # for us sould b 911 and even that case how many people call 911 for mistake when they have the cell in their packets and nothing had happen I think what they are making illegal is to be agains big corporates (in this case apple and AT&T ) . So like a personal recommendation don't listen to MuscleNerd i've been following since i got my IP4 with the hope to get the news of the unlock and that only thing that he does is send a bounch twits talking about everything posting videos , pictures and lying, lying ,if he is looking on all this things I dont think he has a time to work in anything , i really dont know what he has done but i haven read that any software of jailbreak or unlock they thanks him for his help but well. About the rest of the dev team thanks very much I've having my last 3 iPhones unlock thanks to U , but I guess 2 possibilities could happen now 1) or u guys are with apple , 2)or the nears of apple r too much for u now ( that I don't think so ) , well the truth is the good things get to end and free unlock is gone money always win that how all we are . So now think about conver those iPods and paperweights in iPhones in IOS4.3.1 with $ 75 I think good deal when there is no hope for free And if gevey get rich I think he diserv it they did a job it works so they are getting pay for it. Think about it guys u r stock in 4.1 or 4.2 and apple OIS is 4.3.1
  • Truth
    Truth Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Sorry I'm on T-mobile (USA) after 6 months of waitting , and now unlock runing IOS 4.3.1 and yea the data work if not what would b the point
  • Mctint
    Mctint Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Anyone, are those websites like 'unlockiphone4' fakes? Or can they really unlock your iphone like they say for $?? and you can continue updating through itunes and it wont affect it. Is there something im missing? are they safe?Thanks
  • Jackson Smuirk
    Jackson Smuirk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    What isn't illegal these days?????
  • skt
    skt Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    musclenerd wants to confuse us so that they dont loose their popularity who will going to follow their cheap tweet for last 7-8 month we are waiting for unlock and they are just extending every week by week basis .......... comon guys ... as per sherif hasim he earlier wrote i have unlock which works for both ........ any software experts know if any one is having any solution for unlock they will first check on various carrier provider before publishing ... how they did not check on different sim or carrier provider ...... they are making fool of us............ now he is quite .......... and suddenly they came us with new solution nck one ..... they have everything but they cant provide because apple does not want ... they are just waiting for apple signal .. as soon as apple have no problem they will publish unlock solution .. which will be around iphone 5 release date ... so still 3-4 month left.. use gevey sim and enjoy ...
  • Heywood Yablome
    Heywood Yablome Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello, guys , very interesting thoughts.But I just have a question, do Gevey sim work in sweden? or is it only for US ?and where can I buy this Gevey sim from?
  • moramoga
    moramoga Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It works perfectly in Costa Rica, is supposed to work all around the world. So screw musclenerd, i am using gevey sim
  • neosk
    neosk Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Boogie
    Boogie Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    this thing is awesome, i just got mine in the mail today and it works like a charm. $70 bucks well spent..n i have data connection as well..
  • Billy Bob
    Billy Bob Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If you hang up before call is placed nothing will happen. If call got through and you hang up, operator will call you back from blocked number. If you don't answer cops will come! Just answer and tell them number was dialed by mistake or kid was playing etc, say sorry ...
  • Megadeth
    Megadeth Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yep, and the dev team is currently deleting all posts about the Gevey Sim. If you hit "call", then immediately hit "end call' it never connects and your good to go. Something fishy bout dev team this time around, I think they aren't even close to an unlock :(
  • CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    That's the craziest bit of rambling nonsense that I have ever tried to read...
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I just bought a gevey sim two days ago, good news is that it works, voice and data. However, I can't get FaceTime to work, has anyone else had this problem? I also can't input my phone number into the dialogue box above the turn on FaceTime switch in the settings, it says "phone number could not be saved", not sure if thats the cause of the problem or not. any ideas?? I'm on t-mobile...
  • Sanjeev
    Sanjeev Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    This is crazy..for the unlock dialing 112 ! for unlock! its sure illegal so dont throw money as a waste..it will be blocked soon...i can guarentee
  • Kito
    Kito Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    yeah, i support yr idea Sanjeev.
  • ordny
    ordny Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    gevey works like a charm,, called 112 but didnt hangup in time, someone picked up i let my lil brother talk as if he was playing with the phone and called by mistake,,i got my MMS working but facetime is still down,, help any one ?????