How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.3.1 Using Redsn0w [Windows / Mac]

Comments

• cyclenut
    cyclenut Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I tried redsn0w, everything worked except no signal. After spent hours with several restores and crashes, finally worked by using snowbreeze 2.5. I am convinced that there is definitely a bug in redsn0w.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    no you did it wrong you will have to hope that the devteam come out with a unlock that will work on ur baseband you should have not use red sown
  • Quaddez
    Quaddez Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    XP mode in windows 7 worked after I spend a hour or so going crazy with the ramdisk crash and restart...
  • jai
    jai Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I had the same problem, re booted phone a few times as it kept happening. Has stopped now after 3 reboots.
  • Lost
    Lost Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    can anyone help? cant find ipsw file in the firmware file using windows vista. looks like a mac file? no zip file in folder either as someone earlier mentioned
  • @iwantunlock1
    @iwantunlock1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Why dont you do it yourself if your that bothered? One word CANT! If it wasnt for the dev team and others you wouldnt have jb your phone to wait for an unlock, so do it yourself or sit down and wait patiently in line like a good kid
  • "NO SERVICE"!
    "NO SERVICE"! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    HiPlease help me! The jailbreaking went smooth and fine, but I got one problem however. After jailbroken, I don't have any 3G internet, and I can't make calls/sms. It says "no service" However I can access internet from a WiFi-spotPlease help!
  • mofoho
    mofoho Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    What an ungrateful git!These guys are providing this free of charge to make the lives of the iphone community easier.
  • boy
    boy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Now i have ultrasnow1.3. I want to unlock ios 4.3.1 baseband offline.Before I unlock ios 4.2.1 offline I use ultrasnow1.2 and mobilesubstrate_0.9.3367 via iphonefolder by (past ultrasnow1.2 and mobilesubstrate_0.9.3367) here\private\var\root\Media\Cydia\AutoInstallBut now I have only ultrasnow 1.3. If i use ultrasnow1.3 with mobilesubstrate_0.9.3367 will it work of ios 4.3.1?is there new mobilesubstrate for ios 4.3.1?If have please tell me the link to download
  • nizar ghosn
    nizar ghosn Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    i have used tinyumbrella to preserve my baseband .. here what's happened .. i lunch tinyumbrella, click on tss server it shows start connection, then i lunch itune with my iphone 4 on dfu mode, everything went smooth till now .. shift restore to restore the 4.3.1 ipsw , begin unpacking the firmware and then it shows me couldn't reach apple due to connection error or server down, repeat it many time with tinyumbrella without success , NB:i could reach apple server without tinyumbrella .. any help .. ??
  • nizar ghosn
    nizar ghosn Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    .. could you please tell me where did you find the ultrasn0w 1.3 .. thank you
  • juan de la cruz
    juan de la cruz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    what can i do to fix this Iphone Unlock!!!
  • juan de la cruz
    juan de la cruz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    after using snowbreeze can u use the phone with another conpanie?
  • juanuker
    juanuker Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Guys,I just faced the same freezing issue during the RAMdisk update but found a quick and easy solution.Please run the application in Administrator and Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.Cool, isn't it?
  • Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    It should be noted that for Windows 7 in order to get pass the ramdisk portion, set redsn0w compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3... Directions:Right click redsn0w.exe, click troubleshoot compatibility, click troubleshoot program, then select "the program worked in earlier versions of windows but won't install on run now" option. Select Windows XP service pack 3 and start the program. Save settings for current program and BAM!!! No ramdisk problems!
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Worked fine.No problems at all. Using MacBook Pro.Instructions were easy to follow and available on several sights--more or less the same.Thanks for the help!
  • Marklol
    Marklol Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The entire jailbreak process went perfectly.My only problem is that when I try to restart my phone it simply refuses to boot past the apple logo.After a while of the apple logo, a spinning/loading circle icon appears on top of it, as if I just resprung, but it still refuses to load.
  • Marklol
    Marklol Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It could be Sbsettings that caused it because I used that to restart this last time it crashed, I don't remember if I used it the first time however.
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress
    Those who would like a visual walk-through for the jailbreak, try YouTube. I always use the posting by Dinozambas2. He's the best and make everything very simple and easy to understand even for the new people. Give it a try.
  • Said
    Said Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Will this also work on a 3Gs 16G? cause i only see the 8G iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
  • Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Nope works great dont worry I did it without the instructions!!!
  • J4
    J4 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    @lost- Once you have downloaded the zip file change the extension to ".ipsw" from ".zip". Quite literally just rename the folder with .ipsw at the end and it will ask if you are sure etc. If this is still not working do to my computer, tools, folder options, view, and untick 'Hide Extension for known file types. Then try and rename it and all will be good :)
  • BaltRL
    BaltRL Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Anyone getting an error 1013 while trying to update to the 4.3.1 iOS? I'm updating from the original 4.0 jail broken with Jailbreakme.com (I think that's what it was called)
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    I've clicked on it .. it comes on for a second and shuts off and still stays a white app
  • Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    You are a Jacka$$, sir!
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    I used pwnage to jailbreak it. Everything went thru, except for the signal bar. Even thou my fone can activate from AT&T, I still can't see any signal. Help please!!!
  • cyclenut
    cyclenut Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    No, it does not work with TMobile.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    crashes at ramdisk ? any help appreciated!
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    Another comment mentioned restarting three times before Cydia worked properly. Try that.
  • Please Help Matt
    Please Help Matt Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Downloaded all the steps and when i run the redsnow the file iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw is not anywere....cant find it!!! And yes i did download the file, also when i launch Redsnow Itunes quits