How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.3.2 Using Redsn0w [Windows / Mac]

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I've been jailbreaking since iphone 3g too, but I've always just clicked update and let itunes download/install the updates first, then jailbreak afterwards. I thought maybe there was some added benefit to shift+click restore vs just a regular itunes update.The way I've always done it, all of my apps remain except for cydia which gets put back after the jailbreak and all of my settings remained.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Many people are having the same issue with Cydia. The Amazon/Cydia store is having problems from what I've been able to track down. They are working on it.
  • Gyakuzuki
    Gyakuzuki Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    This is unbelievable, uploading ramdisk just wont complete. At this stage my phone is utterly useless as itunes wont even pick it up for me to do a reset. Urgent help needed!
  • Coast
    Coast Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Gyakuzuki, if you are having problems with the ram disk? Close redsn0w, right click the program, troubleshoot compatibility, then troubleshoot program and run with earlier version of windows. I used xp service pack 2. It worked fine after.
  • girshin
    girshin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Redsnow does not recognise the 4.3.2 ipsw i downloaded from the link above?Any help would be appreciatedThanks and happy weekend.
  • girshin
    girshin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It was redsnow rc12 instead of rc14...working now when I got the version in article
  • MidoOnly
    MidoOnly Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i followed all the steps.. everything goes as posted here.. it finishes but the last reboot takes less than a minute and i cant find cydia!!!
  • MidoOnly
    via Wordpress
    i followed all the steps up there for my iphone 4.. everything goes well.. it finishes but the last reboot (in step 17) takes less than a minute and i cant find cydia!!!
  • ipadwise
    ipadwise Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 4 and it is not jailbroken. It is already on 4.3.1. Must I still manually update via iTunes with the ipsw file? Or can I skip directly to the redsn0w step?
  • ChristianLM
    ChristianLM Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Does not work on my 3GS (week 26) - tried 5 times and just says unexpected error on reboot. My phone is still alive though with vanilla iOS4.3.2 so not a deadend. Please patch!!! Thanks guys.
  • Shamit
    Shamit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The last step of ramdisk uploading is not going beyond 3 bars. I have followed all the steps but it is just not moving. Has my iphone crashed ???Urgent help needed.....
  • Zakos
    Zakos Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Amazing , thanks! Worked for me , I had 4.3 , followed your instructions and working like magic!(the installus d/l looks nicer :) )
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    on mac: redsnow will not recognize the ipsw file, wont even let me open it when i browse thru redsnow.on windows: redsnow stops responding after i put the phone in dfu mode. tried it twice and stops responding both times.how can i fix this?
  • Yuri
    Yuri Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Cydia is not opening at all! What should I do now?
  • Maximos
    Maximos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Yuri, you are not alone. Cydia is out, their server is down.They'll fix it soon, I hope. Patient is a virtu.
  • MidoOnly
    via Wordpress
    i followed all the steps up there for my iphone 4 on windows XP.. everything goes well.. it finishes but the last reboot (in step 17) takes less than a minute and i cant find cydia on my iphone!!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    yep, that worked perfectly for me. thanks!
  • adithya
    adithya Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi, Unlocked iphone 3gs with red snow having firmware 4.3.2 Then installed ultrasn0w. But the problem I am facing is iphone is throwing an error in carrier that is in SETTINGS. It is saying UNABLE TO LOAD NETWORK LIST. And it is not fetching any signal. I am from India. Can any one tell me how I can overcome this problem
  • giftson
    giftson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    excellent site 4 all i tricks.....
  • Skooter247
    Skooter247 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    My computer freezes at the updating ram disk screen every time.... I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IPSW and redsn0w files, but it still does the same thing, I've even let it sit for 30 minutes to make sure it wasnt just taking its time... anyone else having this problem or know how to get around it? Im running 4.3.2 on an iPhone 4. Thank you for any help
  • Wurdup
    Wurdup Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I can't get past uploading ramdisk, i have run it as xp sp2 and as admin, it just stalls on the 3 or 4th bar
  • Hem
    Hem Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I've a jailbroken 3GS iPhone with 4.2.1 OS and 06.15 baseband. Can I upgrade to this now?Please let me know.
  • Caleb
    Caleb Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    it says its downloading the jailbreak data then the phone reboots and the download stops on the phone but says its downloading on the computer and nothing happens
  • abu
    abu Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    my old locked 3gs died, so apple gave me a new one for £140, so i presume it is unlocked, but when i restored the 4.3.2 firmware with shift+click it doen it all and said i needed to insert an activated sim ( i have been using the current sim on my old iphone for 6 months)so i decided to jailbreak it, i followed all the instructions and my phone is jailbroken, but there is no signal , what can i do????
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    worked great! thanks for the details instructions!
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    works great for the verzion phone just use the firmware for 4.2.6 if you have have 4.2.7 jailbreak it but cydia wont work to u reopen redsnow then choose the same firmware again but this time just check the "just boot tethered right now" box then cydia will work
  • MrSerie64
    MrSerie64 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Everything went as instructed but after a week of use safari won't be able to start. It shows a white safari starting screen for a few seconds and then crashes. There are plenty of blogs issuing safari crashes but they all seem to be related to tethered jailbreak, not untethered like in this.
  • MrSerie64
    MrSerie64 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    To be added to my previous post -> iPhone 3GS, BB 05.16.02.
  • zoids
    zoids Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i had this problem on my laptop running windows 7 then i tried it on my pc running xp and bingo worked great hope this helps