Jailbreaking iOS 5: Status Update

13»

Comments

• mizanur.bd
    mizanur.bd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have an iphone4. which i used with rebel sim. but not knowing that it will change the baseband i have updated to ios5. now i cat even enter to the main menu of the phone. it just stuck on the device location and choose network. even in itunes it want the compiatble sim card to actiavte it,which i thrown out.please help
  • angw
    angw Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i've got a jailbroken iphone 4... if i decide to update to iOS 5, will i still be able to jailbreak my phone once the untethered jailbreak comes out? or what if i update to iOS5 and do a tethered jailbreak?
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Tethered jailbreak is a very sketchy version of untethered.People who are desperate and dont mind not getting the main benefits of jailbreaking, or a much more risk of screwing up your device go ahead. I will waitas I always have and had no problems with untethered ever, but as my friends have done tethered and regretted it and had to restore there device everytime, not worth it. i mean if your device runs out of battery... you have to connect to itunes and rejailbreak, if you ipod gets froze you cant reboot it. its not that great
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Your so dumb, there is so SOOOOOOO many features that you arent even aware of, it would take me too long to name off, honestly STFU dont say crap ios5 doesnt have near the things you can get jailbreaking, YOUR so Stupid. dude if you want to know all of them email me- javk321@gmail.com
  • AK
    AK Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Guys , lets think about it , an external hardware (a jack or something that connects to idevice) that have the commands that redsn0w gives to idevice to boot tethered .. Aint that a damn good idea ?Just like gevey sim method !
  • AK
    via Wordpress
    @Gambit I've heard about a new gevey sim which was made for ios5. Google that.
  • AK
    via Wordpress
    @Mizanur.bd i think u can custom ios5 ipsw and hactivate it. Not so sure. Google that =]
  • Myfriend2me
    Myfriend2me Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Dears , I Have IPONE 4 With IOS 5 , I Have Make Jailbreaking With redsn0w 0.9.9b7 for Windows , Every Thing Goes Ok , But Most Of Programs That Installed In My Iphone Crashed , why ? and i want to ask , When Untethered Jailbreak Will Be Available ?
  • Black Apple Doctor
    via Wordpress
    i'm running iOS 5 jailbreak tethered & trying out all available tweaks 2 get wad i had in the iOS 4.3.3.. tethered jailbreak is not easy but when u runs flat, then charge it with ur PC & reboot it again.. when it's stuck at the apple start screen, just tethered boot it.. it works for me without losing my tweaks but never rejailbreak it.. u stand 2 lose a lot more..
  • Mn
    Mn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I accidentally jailbroke my phone and it updated the baseband to 6.15.5. Anyone know if they are making any progress on unlocking this baseband??? Or anyways to downgrade the baseband???
  • AK
    via Wordpress
    I guess no downgrade is possible right now , but i think they already ulocked ur baseband can u google that ?
  • Mn
    Mn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • atli
    atli Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey there.I have been trying to jailbreak, and activate my iPhone 4 for weeks now.The thing is that I bought a iPhone 4, locked to AT&T from a friend and accidentely upgraded to ios 5 bb 4.11.08. I don't have a official AT&T sim card, only T-mobile, and I've been trying to jailbreak and activate the phone. I've restored the iPhone about 100 times and tried to jailbreak it, first with redsn0w versio 9b5, then 9b6 and now 9b7, and nothing happens. It always gives me the actiavation screen again, and I can turn it off and back on with out any problem, it's like nothing happens.What am I doing wrong? Please help me.
  • AK
    via Wordpress
    Yes mate u r doin this wrong. Use sn0wbreaze (they made an update for ios5) to create a custom ipsw of ios5 which is hactivated , then pwning ur iphone into dfu mode using redsn0w and shift+rostoring to that cusrom ipsw.Someone correct me if im wrong. Good luck !
  • Prince Vade
    Prince Vade Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Unteathered isnt available right now, im sad to say it. But if your a die hard jailbreaker like myself, dnt let ur phone or pod die, and no worries about teathered. But have you tried cleaning off your stuff, or simply reinstalling it? I downloaded an emulator and it crashed nonstop. I reinstalled, failure. So i installed it from a different source. It never hurts to try something with jailbreaking cuz you can simply restore your device. There are other, occasional problems with teathered crashes though. So, try one of these methods, or i give them 3 more days before unteathered is out. Try then
  • Jailbreak
    Jailbreak Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • Julie
    Julie Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I got 3gs 0.5.1 sofeware can i jailbreak my phone
  • Huma
    Huma Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I got my Iphone 4 from the US - AT&T and want to use it in India. The firmware was upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 because the phone was disabled due to the passcode so had to be restored through Itunes. I'm told that the gevey sim in not compatible with IOS 5.0.1. Now the phone asks for a SIM card for setup. It needs a jailbreak. Is it possible? I've been looking for a solution desperately. Can anybody help?