Step-By-Step Guide To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5 Using Redsn0w [Updated]

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStep-By-Step Guide To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5 Using Redsn0w [Updated]

We have received feedback from a number of readers that the video guide to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS running iOS 5 using Redsn0w, wasn't as good as our step-by-step guides.

So here's the step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone running iOS 5 using Redsn0w.

Here are some important points to note before you proceed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hasan
    hasan Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just a note to the guy who posted that video. Super vauge and general. You should never try to teach anyone anything. You skipped so many things dooch bag.
  • hasan
    hasan Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just a note to the guy who posted that video. Super vauge and general. You should never try to teach anyone anything. You skipped so many things Dooch bag
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Options
    springboard keeps crashing after jailbreak and keeps going into safe mode. had to restore and remove cydia.
  • scha
    scha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    is this untethered ?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What about the iPad 1? and the iPad 2? Will it come anytime soon?
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Options
    @chirag you have some serious issues :(
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Installed Cydia fine, downloaded rotator and phone froze on apple logo. tried to enter dfu mode but it won't. now i have a usb cable logo below the itunes logo but computer/itunes doesn't recognize. how do i restore it from here?
  • chiragsadickhead
    chiragsadickhead Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just because u were born an asshole, doesn't mean u have to act like one!!! relax ****!!!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I usually never comment but this is it... @Mark you're right. Something really wrong with this guy!! :) Just Chill Chirag!! :)
  • JohnnyBravo
    JohnnyBravo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Another note guys, since I jailbroke my iP4 running iOS5 I noticed YouTube app no longer works either... Just doesn't connect!!!
  • PasovecPapa
    PasovecPapa Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Why bother to break from jail when you can break from Hell? It's called Hellbreak. ;P
  • Viv
    Viv Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    followed all the steps and finally got it jailbreak, reboot as per the instruction about white cydia icon as well, so the cydia icon is not white anymore but once i click to open the cydia it shown opening then crashed, tried to do the reboot for many times but still crashed... what the hell is that? somebody help, thanks!!!
  • Tim cook
    Tim cook Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you :) we at apple would love to close this soon . So all you hacking losers , will $uck up !Sent from my iPhone
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Whoul it not be wise to list the known issues ( winter board ) instead of just saying use at own risk?
  • Jim R
    Jim R Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks for the step by step. Jailbreak anything I can, but it wasn't enough to remember all the steps. Having done it, I had restore. The tethered jailbreak was really buggy and having to go into DFU mode every time I reboot is too cumbersome.
  • Jim R
    Jim R Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That was the final straw for me on this jailbreak. I'm sure they'll get it right eventually. I wish I would have waited for the untethered before updating. I had never tried tethered before. Yikes!
  • googolo
    googolo Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    LInk for iOS 5 for 3gs is not working!!
  • akiva
    akiva Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    you link to ispw in step 2 for the 3gs is broken. check your hyperlink address.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks for pointing it out, we have corrected it.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks for pointing it out, we have fixed it.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Will this jailbreak work for the iPhone 4 for sprint. I have never done this before
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have never jailbrokeing a iPhone before and just got one from sprint. The iPhone 4. Can someone tell me how to jailbreak my phone. Iv heard alot of good things about jailbreaking. Thank
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My experience was when I tried to upgrade from 4.3.3 to the new iOS 5.0 on a 3GS. After jailbreaking and an auto reboot, I get the "No Service" on my phone. It's been so for the last three days, though the phone is unlocked and takes callers str8 to my voicemail. repeated attempts to go into Airplane Mode failed each time to establish a connection. I've tried just about everything there is, including downgrading back to 4.3.3. Nothing!
  • heehee
    heehee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    so you mean this is a tethered jailbreak? or untethered?
  • Juicebox
    Juicebox Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well maybe if they had actually read it all, they would know its tethered. Unless that person is illiterate then I suggest they go back to Hooked on Phonics and get their act together.
  • baba
    baba Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When will the untethered Jailbreak will be out....???Thanks
  • Edg88
    Edg88 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree with chirag, lazy ass muh' Fuckas need to learn how to read an article! But seriously, is it untethered?!?
  • NEC007
    NEC007 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just repeat this set and the phone came on. Try to avoid turning off the phoneTroubleshooting:How to fix the White/Blank Cydia icon issue:If you notice the white Cydia icon (which fails to launch) after successfully jailbreaking your iPod touch. Then follow these steps to fix the issue.Launch Redsn0w again.Click on Extras and then click on Just Boot from the list of options.You will now be prompted to plug your iPhone to the computer and switch it off. Follow the instructions in the correct sequence and click on 'Next' to move to the next screen:You will now need to put your iPhone into the DFU mode. Redsn0w will take you through the necessary steps:Hold the Power button on iPhone down for 3 seconds.Now simultaneously hold the iPhone and keep the two buttons pressed for 10 seconds.Now release the Power button while keeping the Home button pressed until Redsn0w detects the device.Your device will reboot and you will see the Pwnage icon on your iPod touch's screen for few minutes.After your iPhone is successfully rebooted, you will see the regular Cydia icon (brown). You should now be able to launch Cydia without any issue.
  • NEC007
    NEC007 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Troubleshooting:How to fix the White/Blank Cydia icon issue:If you notice the white Cydia icon (which fails to launch) after successfully jailbreaking your iPod touch. Then follow these steps to fix the issue.Launch Redsn0w again.Click on Extras and then click on Just Boot from the list of options.You will now be prompted to plug your iPhone to the computer and switch it off. Follow the instructions in the correct sequence and click on 'Next' to move to the next screen:You will now need to put your iPhone into the DFU mode. Redsn0w will take you through the necessary steps:Hold the Power button on iPhone down for 3 seconds.Now simultaneously hold the iPhone and keep the two buttons pressed for 10 seconds.Now release the Power button while keeping the Home button pressed until Redsn0w detects the device.Your device will reboot and you will see the Pwnage icon on your iPod touch's screen for few minutes.After your iPhone is successfully rebooted, you will see the regular Cydia icon (brown). You should now be able to launch Cydia without any issue.