Step-By-Step Guide To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5 Using Redsn0w [Updated]

Options

Comments

• fyta2000
    fyta2000 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I keep getting the error "The connected device doesn't support untethered options."old bootrom 3GSI should be able to jeailbreak tethered, right?
  • Naushad
    Naushad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have jailbreak my iphone4G with OS5 but the cydia is white and try to fix it but it is not power on after shut down. Can any one help???
  • fyta2000
    fyta2000 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    use the "just boot" option of redsn0w
  • gaha
    gaha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    scroll up, read article.
  • vis
    vis Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Worked like a charm. Thx
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've noticed that most jailbroken apps don't work on the jailbroken iphone 4 with ios5, think this will ever be fixed?
  • Gavin
    Gavin Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS with iOS 5 with firmware 05.16.05 and I jailbroke it today using redsn0w 0.9.9b7 and everything went smooth. I was under the impression that it would now be a tethered jailbreak but i am having no issues rebooting/restarting(and i am not taking about sleep mode) without the phone being hooked up to redsn0w. Is this normal?
  • hideflomein
    hideflomein Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I believe the 3GS with the older bootrom is able to be jailbroken untethered - and it's the only model right now that can.
  • Vid
    Vid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just tried to follow steps given above to jail break iphone 4 [ios5] and it is stuck at step 16. I just see a busy cycling symbol and phone is not rebooting.Note that I restored my iphone 4 [before jail break] with itunes 10.5 and it prompted me to activate my iphone 4 which I didn't do before trying to jail break.Would someone pls help?
  • gambit
    gambit Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Do any of the iOS 5 jailbreaks support the gevey sim card? I’m currently overseas so I’m wondering if I can jailbreak iOS 5 and continue to use the gevey sim card. Thanks in advance!
  • Itayg
    Itayg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After jailbreaking using this guide, I can't get past the message "sim card inserted does not appear to be valid". the phones is stuck on this screen and i cannot get past it. Tiny Umbrella reports that os is 5.0 GM and baseband is 1.59.00.Jailbreaking agin using redsn0w doesn't help either. any suggestions?
  • raven
    raven Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    redsnow tells me that the custom firmware isnt recognized so i cant jailbrEAK. HELP!!
  • Janoob
    Janoob Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dear,I had jailbeaked my iphone 4 updated to ios5 and i installed one app from cydia, which prmpted to reboot the device. when i clicked on reeboot my iphone got hang on apple logo and still not restarting. please help me to sort this issue. even i tried to justreboot again from redsn0w but still its not going into the phone as it is stuck…… please check on this………………
  • gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hey everyone, i have iphone 3gs version 4.1 with 06.15.00 firmware and i want to upgrade to IOS 5 and than unlock it. can anyone tell me what to do?? thanks
  • PJ
    PJ Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    iPhone 4, iOS 5. I had my phone jailbroken, got stuck in a respring loop and tried to reboot tethered. Now I cannot reboot or even re-jailbreak it using redsn0w. As soon as I click "Jailbreak" it skips a few screens and goes right to the section where it instructs you to put the phone in DFU mode. Before I can do anything, it stops and says "USB Communication Error." I'm using the most up to date version of Redsn0w, iOS and the same USB cord that I used for my initial successful jailbreak. What is going on?? I've tried reinstalling Redsn0w, the IPSW, clearing the cache. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • krismad
    krismad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i think u guys need to put up some kind of notice for apps that dont work on ios 5 cuz my phone keeps rebooting all the time...
  • jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress
    Options
    find issue yet? im having same problem
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had the same problem. I used an older version of redsn0w. I used the latest patch to 0.9.6 (it was rc16 when I did it). I had already used 0.9.9b7 to jailbreak and install Cydia on my phone. So this time I just selected to install the ipad baseband and it worked for me.
  • Ashok
    Ashok Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After successfully jailedbreak, I just tried to resolve White/Blank Cydia icon issue based on your steps. But after DFU mode, some processes are running and finally it shows that "No identifying data fetched" in the redsn0w application and also my iPhone 4 has not rebooted automatically. Please suggest me what to do for resolve White/Blank Cydia icon issue.
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I jailbreaked 3gs with OS5, and Cydia was white, I did reboot, and everything was fine.When I started Cydia, phone flashed, and I lost few Icons/aplications from the screen and Cydia also. But the main problem is that I lost control bar on the phone, the one where is phone, messages, music ... what to do?
  • GeeGee
    GeeGee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I tried to fix the white Cydia icon ("just reboot") my iPhone turned into an iPod touch! Somehow my phone got wiped and so many other apps, any idea on how to fix the white icon without this happening?I restored my phone and the wiped phone got fixed but I still have a white Cydia icon.
  • Robert
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yeah that happned to me also
  • GeeGee
    GeeGee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried again. I probably forgot to select the IPSW the first time so I made sure I did it this time every time I rebooted. It worked this time.
  • SIM
    SIM Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Sooperb ! u guys are genious and should be employed in Apple
  • Robert
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I skiped NOTE after Step 7 for Windows 7, and it worked!
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.
  • maria
    maria Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you! This piece of information had been helpful to me!
  • DHoedy
    DHoedy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ok. The Cydia icon is still white and I have followed the steps listed. Any other suggestions?
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    read **** it says, THIS IS FREE!!! NO NEED TO SAY THANK YOU!! damn man not that hard to read for urself
  • bikash
    bikash Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I did this on my iphone and it did not recoqnise my sim card.and i dont have a valid activating sim .can anyone help on this..Thanks