Dev Team Makes It Faster To Jailbreak iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch With Redsn0w 0.9.9 Beta 7 For iOS

Comments

• mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Appreciate your work on making jailbreak faster. At least, dev team hear some of our opinion.We have no that technical skill and rely on you team to bring untethered.
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    I think since it's a major release, it's always been a good idea to release a teathered tool so user like me and others can test cydia mobilesubstrate with ios 5 n report for any compatibility issue. Wouldn't it better if only they release the real one after getting more constructive fixes towards stability and compatibility issues?
  • gmann21133
    gmann21133 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well I'm just glad they have what they have, and that they continue to try to release a jailbreak that will be untethered, and sans a lot of bugs that would generate even more irate complaints. I was happy that I could jailbreak my iPad 1 on iOS 5 tethered or not. I have realized that I don't reboot it that often, and it kept freezing until I jailbroke it. On the phone I will just wait…
  • spnay
    spnay Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    when become the Untethered Jailbreak for windows?
  • Johnny Bravo
    Johnny Bravo Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    As much i respect your hard work, can we all at least have some ETA of the untethered??? Shed some light at the end of the tunnel for all of us... :)
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, we keep hearing about ipad2 jailbreaks but nothing
  • sareng
    sareng Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    What abt iPad2? please need it badly :(
  • KillerPubes
    KillerPubes Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Just fucking use the tethered jailbreak ffs. How often do you really turn your phone off or run the battery right down. If it's pretty often then you are just a useless **** anyway.
  • Andy from UK
    Andy from UK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i think the jail jailbreakers are employed by apple to test new stuff out while apple keep their reputation intact on products that are a lot more stable than other OS platforms like windows and the force close you get on androids lol.......hasn't anyone else noticed how a lot of jail brake stuff is in iOS 5biggest gripe is that I'm fed up of looking at the same size screen as it's not really changed since 2007 on the first iPhone. apart form the from camera, the device is pretty much the same when you look at it from the front..... apple need to move with the times!! the os is great......just need a new device to run it on.....btw having an un jail broken phone is like having a mac without the internet.........its shite as a standard OS...not after free apps, just like to customise my pone the way i want it.....eta on jailbreak would be good though.....
  • DavidB
    DavidB Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    When will jailbreak.me 4.0 be available for iOS 5? Comex still working with it??? It s easy to be installed in any iOS 5 devices. If nothing to listen, may get Redsn0w or untethered jailbreak.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Comex is now working as an intern with Apple, so it is very unlikely that JailbreakMe will be updated.
  • kelly
    kelly Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroken my iphone 4 IOS 5 with redsnow .9.9b7 and it goes all well. When I tap on cydia it opens and downloads packages but crashes. When I reopen it again it crashes right away. I restored my iphone and jailbroke it again but with the same result on cydia. Any ideas?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Hey Kelly, it's a known issue, checkout our step-by-step guide in which we have provided the solution to the Cydia crashing issue in the troubleshooting section:http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/10/step-by-step-guide-to-jailbreak-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-running-ios-5-using-redsn0w.html
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    @ RickyBobby ... i have to side with the other idiot this time. The dev is its well aware that some people cannot access a pc at all times of the day ie work/school locked pc's. And many ... such as myself ... are eagerly waiting a 4s jailbreak. But the fact of the matter is they are hard at work patching problems the jailbreak causes and weather or not it will work on all phone and whiney bitches don't accuse them of bricking there phone in the process. I read somewhere ibooks got problems when u jailbreak. Plus some other **** people have mentioned ... scroll up. I'm not bashing anyone, just n case i get replied an e-bomb. Just being reasonable. Another option for you to not have to keep restarting your phone is to just keep it jailed like the rest of us 4s losers who had the phone day one. :-S
  • kelly
    via Wordpress
    I went to the link and go to the trouble shooting but it only address white/blank cydia icon. My cydia icon is already brown
  • spnay
    spnay Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    kelly says:If you notice the white Cydia icon (which fails to launch) after successfully jailbreaking your iPod touch. Then follow these steps to fix the issue.Launch Redsn0w again.Click on Extras and then click on Just Boot from the list of options.You will now be prompted to plug your iPhone to the computer and switch it off. Follow the instructions in the correct sequence and click on 'Next' to move to the next screen:You will now need to put your iPhone into the DFU mode. Redsn0w will take you through the necessary steps:Hold the Power button on iPhone down for 3 seconds.Now simultaneously hold the iPhone and keep the two buttons pressed for 10 seconds.Now release the Power button while keeping the Home button pressed until Redsn0w detects the device.Your device will reboot and you will see the Pwnage icon on your iPod touch's screen for few minutes.After your iPhone is successfully rebooted, you will see the regular Cydia icon (brown). You should now be able to launch Cydia without any issue
  • Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I have learned to be Patient. I am waiting for the IPAD 2 Jailbreak but know these people are working hard for everyone. Mine will come in time and all those changes or updates that you all are waiting for will happen. KEEP in mind these people are doing this for everyone and only want a Thank You in return. So be kind and keep the nasty talk to yourself. Sara
  • Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I have learned to be Patient. I am waiting for the IPAD 2 Jailbreak but know these people are working hard for everyone. Mine will come in time and all those changes or updates that you all are waiting for will happen. KEEP in mind these people are doing this for everyone and only want a Thank You in return. So be kind and keep the nasty talk to yourself.
  • RABS
    RABS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This jb f'd my phone. nothing works but phone and sms
  • chrystal
    chrystal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i have tried like 5 times to jailbreak my iphone 4 from sprint (not a S) and it gets to the point were it says waiting for reboot and it dont do anything. what am i doing wrong iv never done this befor(im a virgin...lol) thanks :)
  • youngK
    youngK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    who is working on the iphone 4s jailbreak ?
  • kelly
    via Wordpress
    hello iphonehacks;here's my problem with cydia: it loads and opens home of cydia. it downloads packages and it says something like reloading data and crashes. when i open cydia again it crashes right away. I turned off my iphone and turned it on again but same result. tried rebooting with the same result. help. thanks
  • Gavin
    Gavin Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS with iOS 5 with firmware 05.16.05 and I jailbroke it today using redsn0w 0.9.9b7 and everything went smooth. I was under the impression that it would now be a tethered jailbreak but i am having no issues rebooting/restarting(and i am not taking about sleep mode) without the phone being hooked up to redsn0w. Is this normal?
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    gawd how i love these redundant comments/questions...here's a tip for you guys....LEARN TO FRIGGIN READ! how many times am i going to read 'my cydia is white and crashes' or 'when's the untethered coming'.
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    Everytime a major iOS is out, the DEV-TEAM and it's related hackers are going to hold the new jailbreak for a quite long time (I am quite sure the discovered the holes to pailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2) and they will never rush in releasing them unless (guess who!) Geohots decides to ruin their plans and release a jailbreak so early which would force all others to release their jailbreak accordingly. This time my friends Geohots is not here to save us, so we will wait for the new jailbreak, and wait, and wait, and wait, for a very very long time :(
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    the=they, pailbreak=jailbreak. got auto corrected!
  • chrystal
    chrystal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i cant get it how did you do it
  • kelly
    via Wordpress
    i followed instructions from downloaded redsnow .9.9b7. after jailbreak i had awhite icon then open again redsnow to just boot tethered and i had my brown cydia icon. i opened it and it laods and downloads packages and then it says reloading data. after that it just crashes.when i open cydia again it crashes right away. switch it off/on or reboot my iphone i got same result
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I did jailbreak my iphone4 but i can't go into cydia why?