Simpler method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone firmware 1.1.3 Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Simpler method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone firmware 1.1.3 Released

Zibri who was the member of the iPhone Dev Team not so long ago and was alienated for releasing the “true” jailbreak method that the iPhone dev team was attempting to keep secret until the release of Apple’s official SDK has just released a much simpler and what seems to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Douceswild
    Douceswild Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

will this work on jailbroken 1.1.1 with BL 3.9?

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

Do you use this while your iphone is on 1.1.3? Or do you do it on jailbroken 1.1.2/1.1.1

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

This does not work every time i try to extract the ziphone it says its having trouble extracting the readme file

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey James,

Thanks for highlighting the issue, looks like Zibri has posted an updated link which should fix the issue reported by you. I have updated the post with the new link.

Here it is again for your benefit:
    http://files.filefront.com/ZiPhonezip/;9613938;/fileinfo.html

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Douceswild & Wes,

I have just updated the post with some more details available in the readme courtesy Zibri, you should find it useful.

cheers,
    iPhone hacks

• wes
    via Wordpress

How come everytime I try to run the Ziphone.exe the cmd window opens and then closes real fast?

Its like the Ziphone program opens, but then it just closes automatically.

• PEPE
    PEPE Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i have the same question!!!!! and the same problem

How come everytime I try to run the Ziphone.exe the cmd window opens and then closes real fast?

Its like the Ziphone program opens, but then it just closes automatically.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I'm having the same problem have everyone else. even after clicking the updated link i dont get any istructions on the jailbreak method.
    are there any other links?

• Nieto
    Nieto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Same problem as well opens then automatically closes right after!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Pacifist wont install itune 7.4.2 it will give me an option to replace or update. I have tried both options and it doesnt install itunes.

Dont waste your time. I been working on it for an hour and havent gotten past the first step other than downloading the files need.

• Spurlock
    Spurlock Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

You have to get rid of your itunes xml file, or your library file before you can downgrade itunes. Just move your itunes file away and uninstall it . it will work.

• wes
    via Wordpress

I FIGURED IT OUT. For windows VISTA

Put your iPhone in to DFU mode (Sleep/Wake+Home, then just Home after the apple logo)

Download the ziphone rar file and unpack it to a folder named "ziphone" on your desktop

1. Hit Windows Key+R (or your preferred method to open the command prompt)
    1.1 Then type in cmd and hit enter
    2. The command prompt will open
    3. type "cd desktop" then press enter
    4. type "cd ziphone" then press enter
    5. then type "ziphone -j" to jailbreak

This is a screenshot of my CMD process
    http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12677187xs9.jpg

• juicey
    juicey Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

it seems that jailbreaking does not install installer.app ........ so how do you get it then???

• wes
    via Wordpress

It should...Try again, but this time, type ziphone.exe" -j -a

for the final step. Type it EXACTLY as i have put it above

• wes
    via Wordpress

If you need help, feel free to Instant Message me on AIM at mutigers0711

• juicey
    via Wordpress

did you do -j -a or -j -a -u b/c there are posts at http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=656 that say "IMPORTANT: CURRENTLY DOING -a -j ALONE MAY NOT WORK FOR SOME. THIS IS BEING TROUBLESHOOTED AS WE SPEAK AND WILL BE RESOLVED. IN THE MEANWHILE, -a -j -u WILL WORK IF YOU HAVE A 4.6 BL IPHONE!"

so i guess that means no installer unless you unlock the phone too. I don't want to unlock it b/c it downgrades your modem from 4.03 to 4.02

• wes
    via Wordpress

My iphone (before i used Ziphone) Is a AT&T iphone, so its legitimately activated, and I used itunes to upgrade to 1.1.3

So, I only needed to jailbreak the phone. So for me, using jailbreak.exe" -j -a worked perfect.

I do not know if that is the same way for phones that arent AT&T and are 1.1.3 OTB

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Hey this might be a dumb ? but can I upgrade the itunes back to the lastes one? i have already hacked the iphone using this method

• wes
    via Wordpress

Yes, ALEX, you can update back to the newest iTunes

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

After I put the phone into recovery mode and try to use -j-a it says that ziphone has encountered a problem and needs to close. What am I doing wrong?

• juicey
    via Wordpress

wes,
    you must have BL 3.9, so -j -a worked for you. I have a 4.6 ATT iphone, so ja will not work yet.

• Buddhaa
    Buddhaa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have been waiting for this since the TIFF jailbreak method. But I have a couple questions still.. Does it work for a new 1.1.3 out of the box? Coming from a jailbroken 1.1.1, should I just update do the regular update using Itunes to 1.1.3 then using the Ziphone app? I have seen so many bugs with those latest jalbreak method I waited for a safe update; Is this it ?

• wes
    via Wordpress

OK UPDATE:

IF YOU HAVE BOOTLOADER 3.9 THEN USE THE COMMAND ziphone.exe" -j -a

IF YOU HAVE BOOTLOADER 4.6 Use ziphone.exe -j -a -u

• BHarry
    BHarry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My iphone was a 1.1.1, set to at&t, that I jailbroke no prob. Updated and jailbroke 1.1.2, no problem. Tried official dev team update to 1.1.3 and bricked it saturday. I'm stuck in emergency call only mode and itunes says my phone is damaged. I'm on a pc. What can I do?

• Sensai
    Sensai Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Long time reader, first time writing on the site:

Thanks guys. I have been waiting for this day to come and thanks to the help of everyone (particularly Wes), I have successfully jailbroken my iPhone for the first time since the original firmware.

Ah...it's so good to be free.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Sensai,

Thanks for your comments, its great to see iPhone Hacks readers contributing with their feedback and even more heartening to see long time readers writing in as well. All of you make a big difference.

You are right, Wes has been a star for providing all the clarifications for those who needed help.

Thanks Wes, we appreciate it.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• James C
    James C Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I started with a 1.1.1 otb iPhone, updated gradually to 1.1.3, But can't Jail break it. I have have finaly managed to downgraded itunes to 7.4.2 (and after restarting my mac. iPHONE NOW SHOWS UP IN ITUNES, so I think that I have downgraded correctly. However when I run the ziphone file in terminal I either get this message:

Last login: Tue Feb 12 01:04:16 on ttys001
    JimmysMacBookPro:~ JimmyMacBookPro$ /Users/JimmyMacBookPro/Downloads/ZiPhone/ziphone -j

ZiPhone v1.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

Loading zibri.dat.
    zibri.dat could not be opened for reading.
    JimmysMacBookPro:~ JimmyMacBookPro$

Any one else been having a similar issue on Mac OS X

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated, Jimmy

• James C
    James C Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Or this Message if i just try and double click the ziphone app directly inside the ziphone folder after extracting the download.:

ast login: Tue Feb 12 01:12:13 on ttys001
    /Users/JimmyMacBookPro/Downloads/ZiPhone/ziphone ; exit;
    JimmysMacBookPro:~ JimmyMacBookPro$ /Users/JimmyMacBookPro/Downloads/ZiPhone/ziphone ; exit;

ZiPhone v1.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

Usage: ziphone [-u] [-a] [-j] [-i imei]
    -u: Unlock (Only for 4.6 BL)
    -a: Activate
    -j: Jailbreak
    -i: Change imei (Only for 4.6 BL)
    -v: Verbose boot (debug)
    logout

[Process completed]

Again any ideas, sorry to be so long winded but thought more info would be more useful. Cheers Jimmy

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

I just did a jailbreak on a 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to official 1.1.3 throught itunes and it worked perfect

Fantastic

JD

• JackTheMac
    JackTheMac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Will it work for an original, not broken 1.1.2? Will I have to stay on 1.1.2 or can upgrade to 1.1.3?

---------------------
    See my comment log: SignMyContent_kOEMjb5J79rZxWEvt6mU_SMCEND