Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

It didn't work for me...Look like i'll be waiting for i-independence 12.0
    This is the error I got:

/Downloads/ZiPhone/ziphone -j

ZiPhone v1.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

Loading zibri.dat.
    zibri.dat could not be opened for reading.
    Macintosh-2:~

Help me...

• Fernando
    Fernando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have an Iphone with the newest firmware, I also checked to see which bootloader I have. From what I was able to research, my iphone has the 4.6 bootloader. It's never been jailbroken. I tried to jailbreak it with the instructions above, but have so far been unable to. I successfully downgraded to itunes 7.4.2 and rebooted. Now my phone won't show up on itunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also tried to go on with the steps above. Whenever I drop the ziphone file onto the terminal command screen and enter -j it says the following:

Last login: Wed Feb 13 12:40:59 on console
    Welcome to Darwin!
    fernando-simentals-ibook-g4:~ froesim$ /Users/froesim/Desktop/ZiPhone/ -j
    -bash: /Users/froesim/Desktop/ZiPhone/: is a directory
    fernando-simentals-ibook-g4:~ froesim$

If I open the ziphone and only drop the black folder named ziphone and enter -j it gives me this:

Last login: Wed Feb 13 13:17:22 on ttyp1
    Welcome to Darwin!
    fernando-simentals-ibook-g4:~ froesim$ /Users/froesim/Desktop/ZiPhone/ziphone -jSegmentation fault
    fernando-simentals-ibook-g4:~ froesim$

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time trying anything on my Iphone.

Thanks!!!

• Bud
    Bud Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • seminolejohn
    seminolejohn Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I am trying the 2.0 GUI on XP - it says to wait 45" What does that mean? 45 seconds, 45 minutes?? thanks for answering a dumb question.

• seminolejohn
    seminolejohn Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

" means seconds AND now I am totally bricked - all I get is the apple logo. I can hold home + sleep and it will try to restart - release sleep, but never boots. Hold sleep and nothing happens. IBrickr can't see the phone.
    Any suggestions? How do I get this thing into recovery or to boot?

• HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

same problem as seminolejohn :(

• Veni
    Veni Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If you get stuck at the Apple Logo turn off phone and hold home button and then connect it to your computer it should be detected by itunes and needs to be restored. :)

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

alright im using the ziphone gui. i can't get past the loading zibri.dat. anybody know what to do?

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

i'm sure this guy put in a ton of time for his program, but check out ijailbreak.com - that program works WAY easier...

• Fernando
    Fernando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I tried the ijailbreak and it keeps telling me this:

Applescript error

./script.sh:line3:./ziphone: cannot execute binary file (126)

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I'm using ziphone 2.0 and whenever i try to jailbreak whether it be by gui or by using command prompt it just goes to the apple logo and stays there and i have to restore the phone to get it back up

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

I'm using ziphone 2.0 and whenever i try to jailbreak whether it be by gui or by using command prompt it just goes to the apple logo and stays there and i have to restore the phone to get it back up

• Bud
    Bud Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

If you get stuck anywhere (ie Apple logo). Restore using Itunes and when you use Ziphone make sure the -v is enabled. (I know its the verbose, its still works)

• Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

does dis unlock progress work on the new iphones 1.1.3 (out the box)

• Caleb
    Caleb Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I tried this like 5 times before any luck. Here is what worked for me

1. Open GUI
    2. Click the first button (unlock only for 4.6 BL)
    3. Click second box (activate)
    4. Click third button (Jailbreak)
    5 Make sure you click the fifth button (Verbose boot debug)
    6. Click start
    7. Now wait about 3 minutes. The first minute or so you will get a debug screen with it telling you what its doing from installing to deleting and writing stuff so wait through that and once that is done it will go to the apple screen for about two minutes and then restart. I hope this helps someone.

Note: Make sure you click the 5th button it just does the debug mode for you and nothing else but for some reason it is the only way to get it from stopping in the apple screen. I tried like 6 or 7 times before trying that and walla it worked first try with debug clicked.

I am currently searching the fix for the you tube but haven't found one that works yet. I will post here when and if I find it.

• SK
    SK Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Want the easy solution for Activate, Jailbreak & unlock 1.1.3 on any boot loader... check http://code.google.com/p/independence/

• Simon Jackson
    Simon Jackson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I really want to try this method, i have been reading this for weeks for an easy method like this... I have a 1.1.2 otb iPhone on legit o2 contract and upgraded to 1.1.3 legit, i have had it to jailbreak 1.1.2 jailbroken before but too much hassle everytime... I read that this works, but i need to know exactly what to do, do i hold sleep wake? i'll download itunes older version but can someone quote my name in a post and explain how it works?? Really wanna get installer app on there!!

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

im not getting any signal after jailbreaking. any ideas?

• AR
    AR Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

To SK....Dude this really works. i suggest to download the newest version w/ the GUI,and use that. from there just check unlock only 4.6 bl, activate, jailbreak & verbuse boot debug. wait for a couple of minutes then your phone should go back to slide to unlock screen and unlock and you will have the installer. no problems with it at all but youtube is acting up. cant watch or search for vids except for my bookmarks. good luck.

• AR
    AR Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Simon Jackson.......if you aint fix it yet, what i did (cuz that **** happened to me too) is to restore it. then if you didnt use the newer version w/ the ZiPhoneGUI, download that. open it,and make sure in services you stop any itunes file running except appledevice. then run the ZiPhoneGUI. i checked all the boxes but not the ierase bl 3.9. that should work. worked for me.

peace

• DBreeze
    DBreeze Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can i just jailbreak with this or am i forced to unlock the phone aswell? First time doing this, can someone explain if everything works (including youtube)and if there are any disadvantages to jailbreaking.

• trap
    trap Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It worked but when I put in my own Irish sim card I do not have any reception. I am in the US at the moment.

Any ideas?

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

I've tried several of the jailbreaking methods for 1.1.3 and none have worked until I tried the ziphone 2.0 version for Macs. [The 2.0 version for windows didn't work for me, crashed mail] The mac version did the jailbreak flawlessly and all the Apple apps work just fine and all the 3rd party apps I've installed so far work fine. iFlix would load at first but it was a simple fix of changing permissions on it and now it runs fine as well. This was on an iMac running 10.5.2 and latest iTunes

• Th3Myth
    Th3Myth Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I would like to know how stable 1.1.3 is. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB. I would really like to update, but keep here it's not that stable

• trap
    trap Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Haveing major issues after I uninstalled Itunes 7.6

When installing Itunes 7.4.2 I get an error message "error code 2932" I tried to clean all my Itunes files, registry, reinstalled windows installer and tried to re-install 7.6 Still get roll back and error messsage! Please help! Something must be left in regustry etc?

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Hey Jim

if you want to update you can,,,,,, but 1.1.3 is not soo stable when jailbroken.

The latest version of ijailbreak works on 1.1.3 + adds the installer 4 you but am currently doing a restore on my phone after having installed the snapshot
    http://code.google.com/p/ijailbreak/downloads/list

I get a lot of Error
    Package download failed with the installer but after you clear it all is good on second or third attempt...

All in all a lot of apps are not 1.1.3 ready but iradio works ishare and a some others..

Too bad there was not a version of app zapper for windows, it may be a solution for "trap" if the problem being experienced was on a mac...

Use the time machine to go forward and backwards in time to when you were running 7.4 or 7.6

The same matter can not occupy the same time and space...It disturbs the space time continuum...

YOu have to use the time machine to go back in time to error 1955

• Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Getting "Could not enable SSL" message? After restarting can't connect to my e-mail?

• Cable guy
    Cable guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Love it awesome wicked worked so easy you guys Rock I am totally tipping you guys on pay pal Plug it in run the program and boom it just works so saweet.

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Wow... Is it that hard to do a google search for the ziphone file?You Lazy Piece of Poo... With the release of ziphone 2.2 It is soo flippen easy to do this hack..