Simpler method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone firmware 1.1.3 Released

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Does everything work the same as before jailbreaking the phone? ex. phone, sms

• Russell
    Russell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I have an iphone that I bought this past summer when they hadn't been out very long. I have upgraded it all the way to 1.1.3. I ran ziphone and everything worked great, except when I try youtube i get the message "cannot connect to youtube" Is their anything I can do to fix this?
    I used the ziphone -a -j -v

• Chris
    via Wordpress

on command, i typed everything in correctly and all i get is that ziphone had stopped working. what do i need to do?

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Hi Chris, mine didn't work in that mode either, I had to force the iphone into the 'connect me to itunes' mode with the picture of the connecting lead on the screen, then ziphone worked ok and did not crash, I only jailbroke mine which was on 1.1.3 apple version

HTH

JD

• wes
    wes Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

No Problem everyone, This hack gave me a little problems at the very beginning as well. (as you can see at the top of the comments list lol)

I am still available to help anyone who needs it if you want to instant message me on the screen name I provided earlier!

• wes
    via Wordpress

Ok, I have had about 10 people hit up my Instant Messanger, and everytime I told them to do the same process and it has worked 100% for everyone the first time. Here is what I have been telling everyone to do. shortened down from the conversations.

Put your iPhone in to Recovery Mode (DFU)

Download the ziphone.rar file and unpack it to a folder named "ziphone" on your desktop

1. Open Command Prompt
    A. On XP/Vista its Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
    B. Or Windows Key+R then type CMD and hit enter.
    2. The Command Prompt will open
    3. Type "cd desktop" then press enter
    4. Type "cd ziphone" then press enter

5. If you have Bootloader 3.9 (iPhone came with firmware 1.1.1 or older when you bought it) go to step 7
    6. If you have Boorloader 4.6 (iPhone came with firmware 1.1.2 or NEWER when you bought it) go to step 8

7. (Bootloader 3.9 only) Type ziphone.exe" -j -a and press enter. It will go pop up with some stuff saying its works, and then it says Wait 45" then DONE!
    If thats the case, your phone will restart and go back to the slide to unlock screen, and Installer.app will be on your springboard.

8. (Bootloader 4.6 only) Type ziphone.exe - j -a -u and press enter. It will pop up with some stuff saying its working and then says please wait 2 minutes 30 seconds ( or something along those lines) After you wait for those 2.5 minutes your phone will restart back to the Slide To Unlock screen and Installer.app will be on your springboard!

I think that should help pretty much everyone, IM me if you still have questions/problems and I will do my best to help you all out.

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

I just jeep getting a segmentation fault and nothing happens in OSX any ideas?

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

I do everything but it keeps getting stuck at Please wait 45". and it doesnt do anything after that. Whats wrong?

• g rod
    g rod Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

sweet. i got bootloader 3.9 did firmware update thru 7.6 itunes to 1.1.3

then removed itunes 7.6, rebooted. installed itunes 7.4.2

start|run in windows xp. then cmd then cd desktop
    then cd ziphone then cd ziphone again
    then ziphone.exe -j -a

then as it asks....
    took phone out of dock. held to power off. slide bar to power bar.. immediately held down home during phone shutdown after sliding power off over and kept holding home as i put phone in dock until cable and itunes logo appeared.

ziphones detected it in restore and did its thing. phone reboots and walahh!

it works mint! and itunes previews even work now! god bless this guy!

• Matt V
    Matt V Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

All,

After you jailbreak, can you then upgrade back to itunes 7.6?

-Matt

• yeppers
    yeppers Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

the hack worked like a peach. The only issue I can see is that now, I have no idea of what the new root password is set too. VT100 and SSH both are requesting login now.

I tried both alpine and dottie none work.
    *side note: I've never changed it

• wes
    via Wordpress

Yes, you can upgrade back up to iTunes 7.6

PassWord is "alpine"

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

I did everything right. Got the 45" then done slid the slider and no installer app on the spring board.

does itunes have to be open during this process? in the step by step you all mention that you have to downgrade itunes which i did. But at no time does it say to do anything with itunes.

Any help?

• yeppers
    yeppers Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I've tried the "alpine" root password and it's not working. Also, for some odd reason vt100 term is asking for a password, which it shouldn't. It used to just drop you in as a non-priv user.

Did this hack overwrite /etc/passwd? if so what is the new passwd set to.

• Michael Basquill Jr.
    via Wordpress

It does not appear that ZiPhone "fully" jailbreaks the iPhone. It does install Installer and allows you to install 3rd party applications, but I am unable to SSH fully into the iPhone using WinSCP.

I am able to access the root of the phone, but most folders are not showing!

I do not backup using iTunes, as I prefer to just save AddressBook.sqlitedb and replace it once I have restored. /private/var/root/Library/ is not available via WinSCP along with many other Root folders.

I have also tried using iPhoneBrowser...it recognizes the phone, and rectified my issue stating that the phone was NOT Jailbroken :-(

Has anybody else noticed this - If so, have we heard of a fix or have I just brought this to light?

Thanks guys and keep up all the great work!

Mikey

• g rod
    via Wordpress

it fully jailbroke mine, in fact its the only jailbreak i've found yet that actually works right.

my ringtones work, my iTunes preview on the phone work, Locate feature in google maps works.

this jailbreak was cake. finally a good jailbreak method for 1.1.3 and not having to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 prior to boot! thats awesome.

i had no issues using WinSCP to get into my phone. password alpine username was dottie

had to say yes to give it more time when i generated the keys.
    those of you having issues did you remember to install the bsd subsystem and openssh on the phone?

• g rod
    via Wordpress

SWEET!!! new easier version just out... 1.1

don't even need to use restore mode!

• Michael Basquill Jr.
    via Wordpress

Yes...BSD and OpenSSH both installed but still unable to access a lot of folders - It is like it is half Jailbroken which is so strange!

I had no problem with the lockdownd 1.1.3 jailbreak thru Dev Team but I decided to see how great this one was because it sounded so much quicker.

I am starting to wish I had kept it like it was, but I am such a geek that I HAVE to try everything! LOL...I mean, I can easily put it back to how I had it, but it is time consuming. I am gonna go ahead and try it again...see if it works this time.

But I am not a n00b to any of this...have been working with the iPhone since OTB 1.0.2 :-)

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Took me FOREVER to finally get it, but I bought my phone with the 1.0 on it back in june. I have jailbroken many times, did the Dev-Team for 1.1.3 but was to buggy and kept messing up my phone in use. So i restored and used this.

./ziphone -a -j -v

PS: I am on a mac, works great! Only problem is I keep getting a cannot connect to YouTube error. Other than that Thanks for everything!

• wes
    via Wordpress

The newest Zibri release includes a GUI. I HIGHLY recommend people using THIS NEW release to jailbreak their 1.1.3 phones.

I restored my phone, and used this new GUI jailbreak, and the results are the same, just about 5x less frustrating.

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

The GUI method will not work on a Mac. Anyway about fixing the YouTube connection problem?

• James C
    James C Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

BREAKING NEWS.

This program uses Ziphone method to Jailbreak 1.1.3.
    But it's WAY more POLISHED and works in 45 sec on OS X.

I have had loads of issues and this fixed them all.

RULE. TRY IT IT WORKED FOR ME.

http://ijailbreak.com/

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Worked Amazing! Still no YouTube connection, but other than that perfect. Great post! Thanks!

+1 For iJailBreak!

• Kostaiki
    Kostaiki Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

have recently upgraded my iphone to 1.1.3 and when I dial a phone number that is in my phone book the contact name does not show up or when i receive calls any help would be greatly appreciated

• Kostaiki
    Kostaiki Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Sorry also forgot to mention that the recent calls tab keeps sending me back to the home screen. once again thanks for any help that anyone can provide towards these issues.

• Kieran
    Kieran Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

hey everytime i do this it says zibri.dat file could not be opened?...any ideas

• Chris
    via Wordpress

i have already jailbroken my iphone, but then something went wrong and i had to restore it. the only way i can get jailbreak to work is to get in the screen where it says connect to itunes with the cord going to a cd. i dont know how i did it before, so does anyone know how to get there?

• wes
    via Wordpress

@Chris

Hold down the Sleep/Wake + Home buttons until the phone shuts off.
    Keep Holding those 2 buttons until the silver Apple Logo shows up on the screen. When that shows up let go of the Sleep/Wake Button, but continue to hold the home button.

That will put your phone into restore mode.

• Chris
    via Wordpress

wes, will that put me into the mode where it says to connect to itunes?

• Chris
    via Wordpress

and i did that and the silver apple logo is just there. its been that for minutes