Chronic Dev Team: Bug Found In iOS 5 That Could Bring Untethered Jailbreak

Comments

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress
    p0sixninja tweeted on 30th October "Still working hard folks. Thanks for your patience."Link: knows there are already tethered jb's out there so he can only be working on one thing imo.. Having said that is does seem odd that p0six would be working on releasing an untether, while his compadre is still excited about finding the initial exploit..
  • ilove
    ilove Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Can wait just upgrade to IOS5 and I miss jailbreaks
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    This reveals a remarkably limited understanding of the implications of a tethered jailbreak, as well as of the sheer number of users who do not have a 4S. The comment in the previous post, "who cares if its {SIC} tethered" says everything (and in fact nothing...).
  • Michial
    Michial Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Just tether until it comes out. Simple
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    The bootrom can not be updated with a firmware update, the only way apple can update the bootrom is by a hardware revision. So when you bought your phone with a specific bootrom that is the bootrom that your going to have throughout the life of that phone.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    well definitely not with that attitude. :)
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    there is a reason apple doesn't do this, it's a security risk I mean android user have to deal with malware and apple doesn't want that for its customers. and not to mention all these people that would clog up the genius bar even more so cause they fucked up their phone. Also the iPhone is also for the not so tech-savy user so it will never be like google android and I think everyone should quit asking for it to be. If you like the freedom of android then go android that's what it's meant for or you can suffer thru waiting for a jailbreak from the dev team.
  • J-God
    J-God Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I remember the good old days when jailbreaking and unlocking was free, no one was constantly asking for a donation and remember when cydia was all free for the sole purpose to make apple look like idiots for paying apps. Thanks for sinful iPhone and other sources that develop **** to crack app store apps and for getting some cydia paid app cracked. Cydia was once a revolution and now they are just like apple and try to take advantage of a system. when it was free, it was on high demand and developer realize that and now they are just acting like a big corporation.
  • dalogan72
    dalogan72 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    pacience is a virtue, if you dont have it go and buy it at k-mart.dev-team we believe in you, we thanks you many times.
  • Amsterpelli
    Amsterpelli Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    sub baseband for bootrom .. guess I had bootrom in my head from reading the previous comment...hell it all ties together in one way or another anyway
  • James Mayer
    James Mayer Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Happy to wait for the jailbreak , dev team will deliver , just gotta sit tight , then I can use my 4s , at least the wife is happy with my jail broken iPhone 4 :)
  • Princessa84
    Princessa84 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Look , basically my point is older iPhone users should be happy they even have a jailbreak. Hell they have 2!! Tethered AND semi tethered which is awesome. I just think they should stop pestering the Dev Team for an untethered jailbreak and be happy with what they have as of right now. Untethered will come in time. Think of the users who have to wait for a JB. Like I said before tethered isn't really that bad. So you have to be near your comp every time you reboot the phone... So what? Either just don't let your phone go completely dead or buy a morphie or something similar. And if it's something on Cydia you want to download that requires a reboot do it when you get home. Not a big deal.
  • Princessa84
    via Wordpress
    Youre right It is definitely a security risk but it's a fairly small one if you know what your doing. Cydia has tons of malware/ virus protection apps to prevent this. I've had every iPhone since the first one and every single one ( with the exception of the 4S of course :P) has been jailbroken and I've never had a problem. Not a bricked phone or even a frozen phone. Nada. Mu son has an iPad 2 JB running 4.3.3 and being a toddler presses every freaking thing on the screen and its still safe :)
  • Princessa84
    via Wordpress
    Thought I should add I also agree with if you want an android buy a freaking android. But Unfortunatly for people like me with tiny hands androids Arnt so kind to me lol
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Yeah the thing is there is a lot of people out there that don't know what they are doing, yet will still take the risk of doing it and will end up blaming apple for their stupidity. Also there may not be a high risk of malware/viruses on Cydia due to the fact that there is a smaller number of jailbroken vs non-jailbroke iPhones so not as many willing to create malware/viruses for the iPhone also apple's official SDK limits what any regular developer can do with the iPhone vs what a jailbreak developer can do, some jailbreak developers actually need to reverse engineer iOS to get their apps working. If apple were to make the iPhone more "open" it would make it easier to create malware/viruses and no app will protect you from them if there is new malware or virus released every week. I think the way things are now where the phone comes "closed" but can be "opened" using jailbreak is perfect.
  • Princessa84
    via Wordpress
    I agree completely :) I dont think apple should be making phones where you can get cracked apps and stuff but I mean Cydia is basically a place for the "banned" apps to go. There's apps on there that I don't know why the hell Arnt in the app store. Such as I blacklist and my3G. Two great apps I gladly pay for and would pay for if they were in the app store. Actually to be honest one of the only reasons I JB is for those two apps. Lol it's a security risk I'mWilling to take :)
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    @J-godwow your an a$$... in other words .. screw all the programers who spend hours, days, months, thousands of dollars in development , to bring you quality apps. Jailbreaking is so you can get your apps free, Screw the programers and their hard work. Cydia brings you hours of work to do things iOS doesn't do native. Jailbreak apps are provided by programmers who spend hours and hours giving you apps that can't be done on native iOSApple appstore, gives programmers, from basement programmers to big industry, even grounds to compete and sale quality apps to the common folk. Everyone is given an even playing field. minus "approval" of course.So what for saying is a lll theses people ... all these programmers.... should give your cheap a$$ free programs for their hours and hours of hard work.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    give me the basic plans on how to build the fighter, and the parts, and I will build it. lear code, and you too can hack the hell out of it. whats great is, by being your own hacker, and finding your own exploit, you don't have to rely on public hacks, and most likely, your hack will last form one build to another until someone else finds it and makes it public. Its the same for aimbots in popular first person shooters. A person willing to learn how to make their own aimbot , hack the system on their own, will go undetected forever. The second they share the hack, and make it public, it will be shut down in weeks or days.....Its time consuming to learn how to do it ... yes ... but .. in the long run you will truly own the equipment you buy.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Dev team .. you SOBs... drop everything your doing and give us our untethered jailbreak NOW!!!! for free Damnit!!!! you owe us...!!!!!!!!....................Isn't that what you all are saying... these guys have a life too. School, college, jobs, families... give them a break. They don't get paid, this is their hobby. We simply reap the benefits. We should be thankful for their hard work and generosity. Many would profit, and profit big for the work these guys do.Hats tipped to dev_team and the rest of the jailbreak community for their support and generosity in going us even more flexibility with our wondrous iPhones, itouchs, and iPads
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    lol I think the features of iBlacklist should be built into iOS, hopefully by iOS 6 it will be.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Sold out by going to work for Facebook? I think if he went to work for Apple, thats selling out but going to work for another company that has nothing to do with the iPhone or Apple I don't think so. I think the terms of his employment are that he's no longer allowed to release jailbreaks for iPhone, but also just got bored and got sick of all the people being rude and demanding a jailbreak from him.
  • Thesuper
    Thesuper Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I'm am jb on 4.3.3. Should I wait for the untethered jb? I am concerned with downgrading to 5.0 from 5.0.1. Or will it be no problem. Keep up the good work dev team. And remember you donate to a charity. The dev team is providing a service that we all use and pretty much "need". You don't don't "donate" to the devs like your boss doesn't "donate" to you!
  • Princessa84
    via Wordpress
    Not me... Methinks the Dev Team is aweome :) I just think they should concentrate more on the iPhone 4S JB then an untethered JB for a device that already has two jailbreaks. As for free? Whoever JBs for free and doesn't donate doesn't deserve ajB lol
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Heads up. Ever since the release of iOS 5, downgrade to 5.0 from 5.0.1 is not possible. You can still downgrade to everything previous iOS 5 as long as you have the SHSH blobs but not to iOS 5 since iOS 5 SHSH blogs are no longer reusable.
  • Thesuper
    Thesuper Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    So then I update to 5.0 and live with a semi-tether till the untethered comes out? Thanks for the heads up
  • Kepin
    Kepin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Finally... Cant waiting for untethered jb
  • lovelyfox
    lovelyfox Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    ....You let a toddler use a $600 tablet? How fucking stupid are you? Or does the value of things not matter to you? This society is just unbelievable.
  • ypiwafe
    ypiwafe Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I agree with your point on paying programmers for their hardworks and inventions but I disagree with your comment on Apple appstore. When was any basement programmers ever prevented from competing with big corps? They are always free to compete with better software on PC, Unix ... and many more platforms. Only iOS rips off programmers 30%, with "you don't with me" approval policy, by using their customers (hostages) as clips. Mac Appstore is an extension is of this devious tactic.
  • ypiwafe
    ypiwafe Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    "you don't compete with me"
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    Ooh this is good news!