pod2G Reveals More Details About Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S And iPad 2

13»

Comments

• Numbnut
    Numbnut Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Second that! Exactly. These guys help us all for free ... Give them a break and show some appreciation!
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    If tiny umbrella saved your blobs to your local computer by default (:username/shsh/) before the 4.3.3 file was not signed anymore then yes.for the iPad 2 only .. for wifi only, you will only need tiny umbrella.for wifi+3g then you will need to either use tinycfw and make a special ipsw file, or google and download: iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.bbupdate.ipswAfter that you start tiny umbrella, start the TS server, and do an option-restore in iTunes after putting the iPad 2 in DFU mode.I do not have the 3G version of the iPad, but from reading others post on a couple webpages there has been success with both methods depending on device. Right now I am updating to 5.0.1 and will try dropping to 4.3.3 , I will let you know how that goes.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Ok .. i upgraded to 5.0.1 on my iPad 2 wifi only model tonight, then successfully downgraded to 4.3.3 and ran jailbreak me.com without a hitch.if you have wifi only you just need your shsh file that you previously saved.If you have a 3g model, you need this file: iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.bbupdate.ipsw
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Worked like a charm. Jailbreakme.com worked perfectly. Have an iPad2 jailbroken once again.Probably going back to 5.0.1 because I love my iCloud and newsstand, but .... did it to prove it can still be done for all those wondering.
    via Wordpress
    I'm just hoping for the best. If there is no jailbreak ohh well.p.s thx for all the hard work pod2g, i really appreciate it!you've already made a jailbreak for 5.0.1 untethered so hopefully this will be a success too :D
  • Perfecto
    Perfecto Posts: 2
    via Wordpress