Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl Ad Mocks Apple Fans

13»

Comments

• Patanjali
    Patanjali Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    OR maybe, people don't think a phone is important enough to wait hours in line for, when it will comes when it comes.I won't wait hours in line for anything. Probably the great majority of current Apple mobile customers wouldn't either, but you are citing the behaviour of a very small minority of Apple buyers as proof of the superiority of their products. Many people wait in line to buy tickets for the losing teams as well!
  • Patanjali
    via Wordpress
    I bought the Note because of what it is, not what it is not!It is supposed to get ICS, but if it does not come, it will still do what I bought it for for the period for which I bought it.Phones are commodities with a relatively short usability horizon. I will get another phone later, whether it be Sansung, Apple or other, whichever is the closer fit to my requirements at the time.The Note is a slightly larger phone with a screen size and resolution that makes it very usable for web browsing when I am out and about. Whereas I used to carry a 7in tablet at times, that is now not required.The large size makes it very comfortable to hold against my face with open fingers, whereas I find having to hold a 4s tightly with my fingertips stressful. That is personal, but it may be why many like larger phones like the S2 and Note. One size does not fit all people or uses.
  • Patanjali
    via Wordpress
    Why is the extreme behaviour of a very small minority of Apple buyers somehow proof of the superiority of their products?
  • Patanjali
    via Wordpress
    And somehow the 'magical' of the Apple hype is real? Apple relies on copious laying down of that same message across our screens in prime time, and demonstrates their products with third-party or beta sapps.Samsung is doing well because they are, across their ad repertoire, focusing upon the devices, rather than things that are NOT intrinsic to the devices.The superbowl ad was a fluff piece to bring attention to the device. They mocked themselves with the final 'Well that was over the top' remark by the one left in line.What is interesting is that most reviews to date have questioned whether the device had a market, but somehow it has managed to sell a million since November in the few countries where it has been made available. However most users who have made comments in forums and blogs bought them for the use cases that Samsung outlined when they announced the Note last year.Now they have made it a feature in real prime time. Perhaps the target audience for the Note is a lot larger than originally envisioned. Just maybe, 3.5in is too small a screen for lots of people!Many people like myself are buying them from overseas (via a local reseller with warranty) at full price, but unlike with queues, where the time advantage is only days, I got to use my device months ahead of when local buyers through telcos will get their hands on the device.
  • Patanjali
    via Wordpress
    The ad was marginalising the extreme behaviour of a very small minority of Apple buyers and NOT the great majority of current Apple mobile users who would NEVER identify with those who wait hours in line for a device. Even then, a way out of that behaviour was offered. Samsung knows they will never change the buying habits of those convinced that an unfamiliar Apple device is worth substantial inconvenience to buy, but there is a lot of 'swinging voters' out there who did not have much choice the last time they bought a smartphone.This is unlike the Mac vs PC ads which basically said ALL PC users were dorks and not hip. Those ads basically did not change the computer buying habits, as to be expected when you do directly insult your target buyers.The blogger and some commenters need to critically analyse ads so that they understand who is being targeted and how the ads is trying to achieve that. And, of course, not assume that everybody is extremely gullible, otherwise Apple's popularity is just because of people mindlessly following their ads.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Looks like samsung's achieved its goal. " attention " that's all. haven't you wished your phone's screen to be a little bit bigger (secretly) sometimes?. Yes, IT'S BIG, it's really NEXT BIG THING. and it has S-PEN (smart pen, whenever you touch the screen with it the screen starts to obey to the S-PEN not to your fingers).Yes, this phone isn't for everybody(not for kids and not for ...). if you like big you get big one if not you get small one.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Looks like samsung's achieved its goal. " attention " that's all. haven't you wished your phone's screen to be a little bit bigger (secretly) sometimes?. Yes, IT'S BIG, it's really NEXT BIG THING. and it has S-PEN (smart pen, whenever you touch the screen with it the screen starts to obey to the S-PEN not to your fingers).Yes, this phone isn't for everybody(not for kids and not for ..). if you like big you get big one if not you get small one.
  • jan
    jan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    You are wrong man. Apple dont make their phone parts. Surprise surprise, they are coming from Samsung, Sharp ec...heheh.
  • jan
    jan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    You are wrong man. Apple dont make their phone parts. Surprise surprise, they are coming from Samsung, Sharp ec.