iPad 2 And iPhone 4S Can be Downgraded to iOS 5.0.1 From iOS 5.1 [Updatex3]

Options

Comments

• Val
    Val Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What's the benefit that anyone can get from downgrading their system? If it's more beneficial to the user, then why did Apple upgraded their system in the first place?
  • Francesco
    Francesco Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    but how can i use that package if my phone isnt jailbroken no more
  • Jack Black
    Jack Black Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Then just dump your SHSH blob using iFaith and make using Sn0wbreeze an new CFW 5.0.1 in iFaith mode and give sn0wbreeze your SHSH blob and you can reinstall 5.0.1 without problems. I did it too.
  • Marjohn
    Marjohn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I am on ios4, but I want to upgrade my ipod to ios 5.0.1; seeing as Apple has stopped signing 5.0.1, I was wondering how I can do it. Should I first upgrade to 5.1, then downgrade it to 5.0.1? But then again, I don't have the required SHSH blobs, so that would be impossible. Maybe the only way for me is to wait until the jailbroken 5.1 is released? I'm kind of confused, so I'll appreciate your help.
  • mokz
    mokz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1 using ifaith but my shsh blobs is saved thru tiny umbrella?? if yes please instruct me how to... thank
  • Dze
    Dze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Wrong! There is no perfect OS, PERIOD so that being said there will jailbreakable.
  • Jake
    Jake Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Stuck on Apple logo after I installed somehing in cydia, is there anyway to fix it without restore it?
  • 420d3v
    420d3v Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    No you didn't it doesn't work like that without h8sn0w releasing how he did it. Error 37,11,34... Is given lol why lie and you have to have already saved ssh blobs with Ifaith cause you can't transfer them from cydia or tinyum. show proof liar.
  • kbatrph
    kbatrph Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So why bother putting any mention of this sh*t on here, get people all riled up, when the supposed "creator" of this wonderful new operation hasn't put it out here for others to use???? Just like putting a raw steak in front of a starving dog and yanking it away at the last minute...geeesh. Post your discovery when you're ready to put it out there, not 2 or 3 weeks before
  • Francesco
    Francesco Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    dont get me wrong all the work jailbreakers do id great but what is the fxxking point in tellingus you can downgrade and then tell us your not going to release it.what a waste of time....
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey guys,Can someone please make sense of this for me:"2. Can I downgrade to iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 if I don't have iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs? No, while iH8sn0w hasn't provided the details it seems very (very) unlikely that you can downgrade to iOS 5.0.1 if you haven't saved the SHSH blobs."Ok so I understand that the above is for those of us who already HAD an iphone 4S running 5.01 and upgraded to 5.1.My question (which no one seems to be addressing in any of their google threads/posts about downgrading ip 4S to 5.01) is what about if I just got a brand new ip 4S from Sprint and it came loaded with 5.1!!!!!! How am I suppose to save "SHSH Blobs" if I didn't even have a phone!!! Is there a fix for that???? everyone is just talking about existing users and they should do and not one is addressing new users with new iphones!!! PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M MISSING HERE....
  • Gadget freak
    Gadget freak Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, Can some one please help me out, Just couple of questions. I've iphone4 running on 4.3.3, can I save iOS 5.1 *without* update my current 4.3.3?I recently purchased iphone4 32gb and it came with 4.3.3, but I can't save 4.3.3 shsh blogs because the signing window is closed, but I was able to save 4.3.3 shsh blobs via iFaith, but the file that downloaded had .ifaith extension. Is this good? If I upgrade to 5.1, can I still downgrade to 4.3.3 having only ifaith blobs and not from Cydia.I'll appreciate if anybody can reply. Thanks a bunch!
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Help (please). My iPad 2 was giving App Store errors on a couple of apps so I rebooted it. After the reboot, it didn't looked jailbroken anymore (and many of my apps were moved to the springboard from folders). Cydia and my jb apps are still there, but none will run. Others, like my directv app think the ipad IS jailbroken and won't run now (xcon isn't being invoked).I had applied the iPhoto "patch" to make my iPad look like ios 5.1. My initial thought was that somehow Apple pushed the 5.1 update on me, but iTunes still wants me to upgrade and my Settings is showing "5.1" (9A405) so I'm definitely still on 5.01.So, the problem is, Absinthe won't run again because it says I'm already jailbroken. Repeated attempts to restore 5.0.1 have failed (I've tried with and w/o TinyUmbrella's server running). I do have my 5.0.1 blobs.I'm at a loss. If I can't get it fixed, I'll be forced to upgrade to 5.1 in order to, at least, use my AppStore apps. *sigh*
  • Gadget freak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, Can some one please help me out, Just couple of questions. I’ve iphone4 running on 4.3.3, can I save iOS 5.1 *without* update my current 4.3.3?I recently purchased iphone4 32gb and it came with 4.3.3, but I can’t save 4.3.3 shsh blogs because the signing window is closed, but I was able to save 4.3.3 shsh blobs via iFaith, but the file that downloaded had .ifaith extension. Is this good? If I upgrade to 5.1, can I still downgrade to 4.3.3 having only ifaith blobs and not from Cydia.I’ll appreciate if anybody can reply. Thanks a bunch!
  • Gadget freak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can I save iOS 5.1 SHSH blobs if my iOS device is still on iOS 4.3.3?
  • Ddun
    Ddun Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had the same prob as u. You can't do it just wait for the new jailbreak.
  • slava
    slava Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have Iphone 3GS 5.0.1 but i got lot of junk on him and i was making Siri on him(fail) and i change some IOS files and he is now fk slow, so it is possible to put new IOS 5.0.1? and jailbreak him again or i need update him on 5.1 and downgrade on 5.0.1 or here somewhere exist any other way to make clean IOS 5.0.1?
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just bought the iPad 2 today running 5.1 is there a way to downgrade at all? I would love to jailbreak this!!!
  • Vicario
    Vicario Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does this mean i would able to restore to 5.01 as well ? or only downgrade ?
  • Vicario
    Vicario Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Sorry forgot to mention im on 5.01 on Iphone4S , my os seems dodgy hence i want to do a clean restore to 5.01
  • Bankai
    Bankai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is downgrading your device from ios 5.1 to ios 4.x then upgrading to ios 5.0 possible?.
  • Maday
    Maday Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When will the jailbreak for ipad 2ios 5.1 comes????? I don't know how this damn iOS installed, I just click restore but it updated. I am feeling very bore with my new iPad.
  • automon
    automon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey i have a question. my iphone 4S is currently jailbroken but i want to reset to factory settings (ios 5.0) and re do the jailbreak. if i reset the phone will it auto update to 5.1 when i connect to itunes??? need help thanks!!!!!!
  • waters
    waters Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi, need help. i have a jailbroken iphone 4S but i want to reset to factory settings (ios 5.0) and do the jailbreak again.. when i reset the phone and connect to itunes will it automatically update to ios 5.1???? thanks..
  • Junkie
    Junkie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Have you tried to go into settings>general>accessibility, incoming calls
  • reza
    reza Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes dear. asdfadsfI have 3gs old-bootrom 5.1 and with Ifaith make a Signed ipsw 5.0.1 & restore my Idevice so easyYour gus's right thank you.
  • Shinnywolf
    Shinnywolf Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can I use tinyumberella to capture my 4s 5.1 blobs then edit them to work with 5.0.1?Or alternatively use a 5.0.1 blob from another phone and edit my phone info to it from 5.1 blob?Or using the info from 5.1 blob create my own 5.0.1 blob?Any input is appreciated. Got 4s delivered with 5.1 already installed so don't have 5.0.1 blobs
  • alleo
    alleo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The title is" iPad 2 And iPhone 4S Can be Downgraded to iOS 5.0.1 From iOS 5.1 [Updatex3] "but4. Can I downgrade my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 from iOS 5.1?No yet, iH8sn0w hasn't provided the details on how we can downgrade.Which one dude..???
  • Carlos Rodriguez
    Carlos Rodriguez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    exactly my question as well. They are contradicting.