How to Unlock AT&T iPhone Without Losing Jailbreak

Options

Comments

• aslfjlakwjl
    aslfjlakwjl Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    AFAICT, this can be done without any additional software and without putting the device in DFU mode or restoring the device:0) (obviously) get your operator to unlock the device1) acquire a SIM that the device is not authorised for. 2) install the SIM - the device should say 'invalid SIM' or 'No SIM'.3) Connect the device to a computer has (but is not running) iTunes and has an internet connection4) Power off the device5) Start iTunes6) Power on the device - iTunes will deactivate it, and from there you can activate it usng iTunes or the device itself.Comments on this procedure welcome. It worked for me; obviously I can only unlock my iPhone once.Especially on the 4S, which is impossible to restore to 5.0.1, I'd highly recommend fiddling with iTunes until it does work, rather than restoring the phone, or using a third-party tool on your phone or computer that might go wrong and make the device require a restore.
  • aslfjlakwjl
    aslfjlakwjl Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Go to https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld?actionType=tech , register, and online chat with a customer service representative.You don't need an account with AT&T. You do need to know the phone's IMEI number.
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just got confirmation email from att, but dude, I gave 5 IMEI numbers, How do you know which one to unlock!??
  • Hoangtran9
    Hoangtran9 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Restore all of them and then you will find out.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, I would like to know do I need to do the step from the AT&T unlocking email FIRST or I should skip it and do the Reds0wn directly? Thanks to advise!!
  • Meet
    Meet Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hello... i have done above process....but when i open itunes i did not got any msg of unlocking..to make you more clear i have bb 4.11.08
  • asdfguru
    asdfguru Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i try this without the email from att? I just waited for quite a while and haven't got one, so I figured I could give it a try, but can I activate it again afterwards? So basically deactivate via redsn0w, try, if not reactivate via redsn0w?
  • ofah
    ofah Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just follow steps described before0) (obviously) get your operator to unlock the device1) acquire a SIM that the device is not authorised for.2) install the SIM – the device should say ‘invalid SIM’ or ‘No SIM’.3) Connect the device to a computer has (but is not running) iTunes and has an internet connection4) Power off the device5) Start iTunes6) Power on the device – iTunes will deactivate it, and from there you can activate it usng iTunes or the device itself.i unlock 3gs and 4 without any problem, but in both cases "congratulation" message didn't pop up.
  • bemental
    bemental Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Had didn't have any luck with this method, but I did with the SAM method (http://jailbreak-untethered.com/how-to-unlock-att-iphone-4s-without-losing-jailbreak-using-sam/)I've got an iPhone 4S that I purchased off a friend.AT&T gave me a pretty hard time about not having proof of purchase, but after having the case elevated (told them I bought it off of CraigsList) it was approved in a few days and I received the email from AT&T.I had to use the SAM program, then remove the SIM, replace the same SIM, and then connect to iTunes - but after that it worked like a charm.http://dl.dropbox.com/u/417848/Screen Shot 2012-04-21 at 1.32.37 PM.png
  • Fauji
    Fauji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    or for a free option google voice (thru gmail).. free calls to US/Canada
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just follow steps described beforeWorked for me!0) (obviously) get your operator to unlock the device1) acquire a SIM that the device is not authorized for.2) install the SIM – the device should say ‘invalid SIM’ or ‘No SIM’.3) Connect the device to a computer has (but is not running) iTunes and has an internet connection4) Power off the device5) Start iTunes6) Power on the device – iTunes will deactivate it, and from there you can activate it usng iTunes or the device itself.
  • senior
    senior Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi! im on ios 5.1 and tethered jailbreak..can i also used this method? my question is after deactivating i am supposed to removed sim, turnoff device and plug it to itunes to activate.. but the thing is i have to boot tethered first because im on tethered 5.1 right? is that above method also applies on my case?
  • herminia
    herminia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thank you guys, it works perfect!!!thank you again I am save now. thanks
  • Larry
    Larry Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It works on iPhone 3G, the old one! Now I can take it to Europe and use it with local SIMS to save money over ATT high rate calls.
  • Dianna
    Dianna Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does anyone know if this will unlock a iphone 4 I.O.S 5.1 with a bb 04.12.01
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if you are using the AT&T unlocking method, i believe it'll unlock all bb.
  • pavan
    pavan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    you would need to contact at&t by phone and since you do not have service there, please download an app MAJICJACK which allows you to call US & Canada for free provided your iphone is connected to WiFi for it to make free calls. Toll free number for at&t is 1 800 331-0500 which you cal dial from MAJICJACK.
  • ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Stefan
    Stefan Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did not work for me. The process and activation worked but no message and no unlock... I did reactivate with old SIM - Do you need to have new SIM in when you Activate?
  • Ell
    Ell Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did not work for me - Redsnow is asking me to select my IPSW... but I don't know if I have one... or where it is. Help please.
  • Ell
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did not work for me – Redsnow is asking me to select my IPSW… but I don’t know if I have one… or where it is. Help please.
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Rubbish. You can register but then they want your wireless number, which I don't have! This is impossible.
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I contacted them by phone and they want me to fax them the original receipt for the phone. Since I bought it off ebay, I don't have this. Useless.
  • cjay321
    cjay321 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im assuming u need the newest version of itunes?
  • Ell
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have 3GS jailbroken 5.0.1 untethered, iTunes10. AT&T sent me the email that my ulock was granted... but I don't want to lose my jailbreak.When I follow the directions above, redsn0w 9.10b8b says:The device is already pwned with a bootrom exploit.For the time being, redsn0w requires that you manually select the IPSW in the Extras screen in order to specify the current build. This will be fixed in a future release.But, it wants me to navigate somewhere on my computer to find my .ipsw file... and I don't know where it is... I don't even know if I have one (or the right one) on my computer. There isn't one in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates. That folder is empty.Help, please!
  • Himanshu
    Himanshu Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, i have an iPhone 4 (5.0.1 & 4.11.08).It's model no. MC318LL means it's AT&T locked model.I am in India now and want to unlock it, as i am pretty sure it's out of it's contract now.But don't have that support thing, i can provide my IMEI no if necessary. Can anyone in USA help me with this, I'll provide you the IMEI and mail and get my phone unlocked plzzzz..........................
  • ashish
    ashish Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got the email from AT&T saying I am eligible, follow the steps... however I dont have official sim card or even any AT&T sim card... what should I do
  • Ajay
    Ajay Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I followed your procedure and my phone got unlocked. I got a congratulation message on itunes that your phone has now been unlocked. Its working fine now. thanks a lot man. cheers
  • TopGun
    TopGun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This worked for me. Although I didnot got congrats mesg but now phone is working on all sims.
  • jojo pala
    jojo pala Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, i followed all the steps and after i finished step 10 and when i open my iphone 4 iOS 5.1 i can not open my phone screen. its gives message "Activation Required" and when i launch iTunes its giving message "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" Can anyone help me to open my iphone screen?