Step by Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.0 to iPhone Firmware 1.1.4

Comments

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

Hey,

ok I was stupid enough to update my iphone to 2.0 as well. I have the following issues getting back to the earlier version though:

- I used appzapper to remove itunes7.7 (mac) and installed 7.5. I get the phone into DFU and everything but when I try to click "restore" with the apple key held down it says: 'software for this iphone is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again.'

has anyone got an idea how to make it work? I tried to download the 1.1.4 .ispw file but it is not a single file, rather a folder with .dmg's and other stuff in it. I tried placing all that in the library under "iPhone Software Updates" but that didnt work either.

Desperate for help guys!

PS: I never had to jailbreak or unlock the iphone when I got it originally (itunes even updated it fine everytime before 2.0) and was using it with different SIM cards...

• Vwboy18
    Vwboy18 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well now i have this great problem of no signal... it shows where the bars should be but nothing no logo no nothing any ideas?

• Faysal Ehsan
    Faysal Ehsan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just got this iphone a week ago and from a co worker who had AT&T. He just removed his sim and I used Ziphone to unlock it. It worked great until last night I decided to update the 2.0 firmware. After not being able to find a unlock software. I decided to switch back to the v1.1.4.

Downloaded Itunes 7.5 and downgraded firmware. Did Ziphone again to unlock and now phone does not recognize my sim. It will say no service and will not even make or receive calls or recognize my number.

tried: reset all settings, install v1.1.4 again, switch for another T-mobile sim,

can anyone help?

• Doga Yildizci
    Doga Yildizci Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i did the same steps but the phone signals "no service" and everthing is working except the GSM/Cell Phone services such as calling, receiving a call etc.

• Faysal Ehsan
    Faysal Ehsan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just got this iphone a week ago and from a co worker who had AT&T. He just removed his sim and I used Ziphone to unlock it. It worked great until last night I decided to update the 2.0 firmware. After not being able to find a unlock software. I decided to switch back to the v1.1.4.

Downloaded Itunes 7.5 and downgraded firmware. Did Ziphone again to unlock and now phone does not recognize my sim. It will say no service and will not even make or receive calls or recognize my number.

tried: reset all settings, install v1.1.4 again, switch for another sim,

can anyone help?

• Katerina
    Katerina Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I did everything step by step to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 i succeed to come to the original screen but now the telephone and the network is not working there is no service Can I do something else to fix this problem?for Cyprus service.

• Dingo
    Dingo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i keep getting could not restore error 5
    when i try to restore to 1.1.4

any ideas?

• Tamer Yildiz
    Tamer Yildiz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Dear V4, unfortunatelly it is not working. I have iphone 16GB version. I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0 , and I lost my phone. I tried Itune 7,5 and uploaded 1.1.4 ,I always got 1015 error. and Iphone stayed as DFU mode. I tired several PC, XP vista. useless.
    Than I used Itune 7.7 and first upgraded 2,0 than tried to back 1.1.4 , bu it is impossible. Itune gives error. 16xx error. I think it is not uploading 1.1.4.

Please give us comments. I really wonder if anyone succesful.

It is really illegal operation from Apple that everytime there should be rolback option. Apple should provide us 1.1.4 firmware in anyway. We need to apply to court.

• amanda
    amanda Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

to "Jonnnnnnnnn"

THANK YOU SO MUCH! i followed exactly what you did and everything is okay now!!!! Thank you!

• Totally S!%!$%
    Totally S!%!$% Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

OK here is the situation...I accidently downloaded the ipod 1.1.4 ipsw file and restored my iphone with that (the result of too many attempts to correct this and probably too tired to pay enough attention). Anyway now itunes only recognizes the phone as an ipod, I can't restore it with the iphone firmware and the screen is totally blank. Could anyone pleeeeeeease help!!!!

• fievebr
    fievebr Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello everybody,

After the update of my iphone to 2.0, I was desperate to realize that my iphone was blocked again. I tried the various solutions published on this site to downgrade to 1.1.4 but all of them did not work. Except the one published to the following address :

http://sleepers.net/news/?page_id=216

If it is followed exactly, it works perfectly especially on Mac OS.

The secret of the downgrading is to use iTunes 7.5 with iTunes 7.7 drivers. If not, you always (as far as I experienced) get an 160* error and you are stuck.

Thank you to BigBoss for his guide.

• satyan
    satyan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my iphone shows unknown error 20

how can i fix this problem.

• kevin azar
    kevin azar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

when i hold shift n press restore those files you guys talk about never come up how do i find them

• arie
    arie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi
    i did everthing it says with ziphone but i have no signal

• arie
    arie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi
    i did everything i unlocked and activated my iphone with ziphone but i still have no service

• Iscrewedmyiphone
    Iscrewedmyiphone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey guys, I also made the mistake of upgrading to 2.0. I uninstalled itunes 7.7 and installed 7.5. I borrowed a laptop so I could start fresh. So I had to also download the iphone1.1.4restore.ipsw file. and after doing all that I put the iphone in DFU and when I open itunes it says "itunes could not connect to iphone because an unknown error occured. (0xE8000035)"

help

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem, I cannot get a signal with my phone after doing the V downgrade. Does anyone have a solution or anything for this?

• wen
    wen Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

error 20 mean you did not put the iPhone in dfu mode correctly. <- i did exactly as the instructions said but still i kept getting the same message (error 20) help!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to 2.0 which now seem like a great mistake, Now for 6 days i have been trying to downgrade.with a 7.5 or 7.7 itune i can only restore to firmware 2.0 but each time i try to restore to 1.1.4 firmware i get an error 5 code on itune 7.5 and error 1 on itune 7.7. I need help badly...pls can anybody out there help my email is nollywoodfilms@yahoo.com

• Debbie
    Debbie Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I just got my sisters 1st generation iphone we made the mistake of setting it up on my pc and downloading 7.7 with 2.0 firmware upgrade.(it locked her phone again) I followed your steps to downgrade to 7.5 to go back to 1.1.4 firmware but itunes keeps telling me it will not recognize the phone because I need to download the 7.7 version....which means I can not downgrade firmware without Itunes recognizing my phone.When I am in 7.7 on another computer and control or shift and restore I dont have any past history of downloads because I just got the phone. Please if any one can help I have almost hit 20 hours and 4 different pc's to try to get this to work!!!! jdnbcarroll@hotmail.com

• tyrone
    tyrone Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

is anyone else having problems using Kiphone...this is day 6 for me attempting to properly restore my phone (i.e. downgrade baseband form 04.05.01g to 04.04.01g) I open up the Kiphone programs... click on dubug and bowngrade baseband..click on start and it "disappears" NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS!!! WTF!!! CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME...any help would definitely be appreciated...please reply to this or tyronesiphoneaccount@gmail.com...thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

@Verb Wit
    Very Very Nice... took me all day to do the same thing Nearly the same way then I find that you have already went through the aggravation and posted a lil guide... nice commentary as well ... For all who are having trouble read his guide and follow it you will be up n running!

• Terence
    Terence Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Works great . but .. i have a problem ..
    after i downgraded .. i have some issues that i need help .

for eg . this number 92233333 called me ... the caller id displays as usual.. but when the same number text me . it appear +65 92233333 , even if i tried texting the 92233333 , when the recipent reply , its still under the bubble of +65 92233333 .
    Can anyone help me in this ??

• dom
    dom Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

@ AT - I had the same error try and do the 10 second thing (blank screen) and restore that way it worked for me

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

I follow this guide that one of you recommended and it worked!

http://sleepers.net/news/?page_id=216

Thank you all for the great advice

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

my phone is totally jaked... can anyone help....
    I have been trying to get this to work all day and I keep getting errors when itunes is trying to restore the software...

I get and error 06 and an error 20. it says both are unknow and than crashes and I can not get the phone into recovery mode....

any suggestions? I am restoring the software through itunes and going to try again but any suggestions would be great...

• KCP
    KCP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi All,

Trying the downgrade on Mac OSX 10.5.4

Removed 7.7 iTunes, replaced it with 7.6.2 (newest prior to iPhone 2.0). Going through the prescribed process....

" 2. Put your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode. You can follow these steps to achieve this:

* Connect your iPhone to your computer OK
    * Turn iPhone off OK

but get this message:
    "The iPhone cannot be used because it requires iTunes 7.7 or later. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes"
    No problem, iTunes is reading the 2.0 iPhone

* Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly) OK
    * Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized. OK
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

At this stage, I see the following error message:
    "The iPod sofware update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occured (-185)."

The option to Restore is never presented, and the iPhone never mounts in iTunes (or to desktop).

I'm absolutely certain I have live internet connection.

I tried placing the file "iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw" in the path: "/Users//Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates", hoping iTunes might recognize it there. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

• Pebs
    Pebs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi Folks

I've installed Itunes 7.5, but can't find firmare 1.1.4

Where can i get a copy and how do I then install it onto itunes?

thanks

• pxl
    pxl Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

ARGH why did i update to 2.0! how stupid am i!??? i bought this phone unlocked and ready to rock and plugged it in and updated without even thinking.

anyway, i have followed both the steps listed on this site as well as sleepers and everything seems to work alright - winpwn runs and says it has recovered from the pwn, but i am not getting the pinapple logo.

then when i plug it back in, itunes comes back on and says it is still in recovery mode.

---------------------------
    i am wondering, am i using the correct firmware when i do the initial restore to 1.1.4? I am using the one from this ," rel="nofollow">http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/07/pwnage2-win-fix/comments/page/4/#comments> guide - is this perhaps the incorrect one? is this an already modified version?

unfortunately i don't have the earlier software on my pc as i just bought this iphone from craigslist, and the first generation ones aren't supported here in canada so if i can't get this working i'm somewhat hooped.

thanks in advance for your assistance... sorry if this is a stupid question!

• lou
    lou Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

after you keep getting the 1015 error what do you do next?....keep trying? or start all over again...three times i got the 1015 error