Step by Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.0 to iPhone Firmware 1.1.4

13»

Comments

• luo
    luo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Ok i got it!!!

used itunes 7.5 ....used the 1.1.4 file provided by iphonehacks to restore. got the 1015 error...used ziphone to put in normal mode....took me to the iphone Earth picture screen... itunes asked me to sync...synced to my original files (when i first had 1.1.4)....when it was done,i used the jailbreak option only with ziphone, installed bootneuter from installer...then ran it (use options 4.6,neuter,unlock)...takes about 3-5 mins to neuter do not interupt it!..worked for me!!!i used all the links provided by everyone in here for feedback...so thank you!!!!!!

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

It worked man, use ziphone 3.0 and then ziphone 2.6 to get the installer and then get kiphone to get your tmobile back.
    Thanks!

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I got it! I got it back!

Download iTunes 7.6, shift restore to firware 1.1.4, once you've done that go to ziphone 2.6 and unlock and it should work.

call me at 416-722-1742

• kagur
    kagur Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

help! so i originally unlocked my iphone for use with tmobile using ziphone and it worked fine. i unfortunately made the worst mistake of my life when i updated my iphone to 2.0. i have been trying to re-unlock it for a while, and have followed all the above steps, but when i try to unlock with ziphone it gets stuck on the message "please wait 4 minutes". with winpwn, i get stuck on the message "your iphone is being pwned". i cant get past either of these messages. please help!

• kagur
    kagur Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hey guys, i had my iphone unlocked using ziphone and perfectly working with my tmobile sim card, but i stupidly installed the 2.0 update. i followed all these steps, downgraded, and tried unlocking again, but my tmobile sim card is still not being read. i have tried using ziphone and iliberty. my sim card is still not being read by my phone. please help!!! im tearing the hair out of my head

• ferdie
    ferdie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

i have tried this step by step downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 but i was unsuccesfull. i always got an error message. But i just found out that all i needed was itunes 7.5 and RUN ziphone and that did the job. it also got the youtube working w/o any problem and w/o fixing it. THIS IS A SHORT CUT....

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

This didn't work for me, New Winxp laptop with iTunes 7.5 and I managed to get the phone in recovery mode.. I did notice that something is causing a apple usb drive conflict in the Device Manager. This behavior happened on 2 Winxp laptops. Very strange.. any thoughts on why I can't get into recovery mode.

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

OK, I found out it was my (2) laptops. The USB connections were version 1, not fast enough. Anyway, I got it installed and working under a vista machine. It errored out with error code (20) once it got ready to install the 1.1.4 version, Then I saw it save something to iTunes. Upon my next try it told me that I need to update ITunes...so I decided to disconnect from the internet. That allowed me to try again but I'm still getting that blame error (20 msg...can anyone please help. Oh my might add I was able to at least unlock the phone using another person's AT&T sim card

• trent
    trent Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I can not seem to find a 1.1.4 download that will work for me? probably very easy to find but for some reason none are working for the restore. Any advice or links to where to download it? Thanks.

• iFaz
    iFaz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i've juz dwngrade my iphone to 1.1.4. what concern me was, the Installer is gone! can anyone help me how can i get this apps back..
    Thnks!

• juan
    juan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

DEar V4,
    i have tried your methods on the itunes 7.71 managed to do the first step that is pressing option and clicking to restore.then i have these update in my itunes library which is iPod_128.1.1.5.ipsw
    then i restart the DFU process again and did the same thing but by using pressing option and clicking restore and choosing the ipod_128.1.1.5.ipsw it says an error occured (1) not 20....
    so any ideas plse....

• Hagan Ross
    Hagan Ross Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks for everyones posts.
    Went "Almost Crazy"
    A few things I learnt.
    Take out sim card before restoring.
    Geting the error(1601) (1602) etc messages, you have finished, end Itunes, run Ziphone and under advanced features, chnage phone mode to normal. Then click do it all.
    Error (20) means phone not in restoring mode, do the hold bottons thing till computer beeps.
    Thanks again to every one.
    Cheers Hago

• Rahul Nair
    Rahul Nair Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It works for me

Unlock using iLiberty after getting to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.5

Go to 1.1 Edition of 2.0 Official Firmware using Shift+Restore.

Then go to 1.1.4 using again Shift+Restore

Make sure you are in DFU Mode both the times, else it will not work

After restoring to 1.1.4, You might get the 101X error, ignore it and unlock using iLiberty(using Ziphone could also do it, but the installer application would be missing)
    And also it dint work me for the first time...but i deleted the Apple update folder and turned off the WiFi on the laptop and it worked like a charm!!!

• Jenny
    Jenny Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I upgraded to the 2.0 version by mistke, but managed to downgrade and unlock using ziphone. BUT my phone cannot make calls. It says no service or shows one bar with no carrier name. What can be done to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

• Jenny
    Jenny Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

PS. should have mentioned I managed to downgrade back to the 1.1.4 version. Thanks

• Haxs
    Haxs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ehm hi my iphone was jailbreaked 5 hours ago to the 2.0.1 lastest version of firmware suddenly i was in cydia.....and i was trying to download some apliccation and it frozed....for too long so i pressed both buttons and it restarded but it stayed in the apple icon screen i did it again and same thing,after that i used the recovery mode and restore in itunes but i cant use the iphone only emergency call, the question is does the zi phone works wth the lastest version and if i downgrade it i can unlock it again or there is no solution. thanks please reply me at my mail haxs07@hotmail.com

• Itchy
    Itchy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I used V4's method to get into an iphone that was stuck on the rebooting pineapple from trying to Pwnage to 2.0. I do not need to get to 1.14 as ultimately I want to upgrade to the latest version and give the phone to my wife.

Question, now that I am at this stage "after the recovery is successful, you will have a 2.0 phone (Still SIM locked) that is unusable. AWESOME." what do I need to do on my Mac to update to the latest software and jailbreak and unlock it.

One other question, apologies if it is stupid, this phone will not be used with my mac going forward, rather with the Mrs. PC, so do I need to do final unlock jailbreak on her PC?

• Issam
    Issam Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi All,

downgraded from V2 to 1.1.4 using Itunes, unlocked using Ziphone 3.0.
    The issue reception is failing no bars, only inconsistent reception, all other apps works.
    any idea?

• Joe S.
    Joe S. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does this downgrade process work with the iPhone 3G?

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

Thank you very much for this info! This downgrade worked for me for the new 2.1 firmware. Thank you thank you thank you!

• Anubhav
    Anubhav Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey.

i unlocked my iphone using pwnage tool and installed firmware 2.0.2. I want to
    downgrade it to 1.1.4. Will the procedure given by you work? if not then what is
    the correct method. PLease tell me asap as it is very urgent.

thanks
    anubhav

• phonso
    phonso Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I got to the part where you push shift and and restore and i cant find the 1.1.4 firmware were can i download that to put it on my phone

• nagoo
    nagoo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my iphoe have 2.0.0 but i start to downgrade it yo 1.1.4 it shows error 1015
    help me pls now i become made on this