WinPwn 2.0.0.4: Software to JailBreak & Unlock 1st gen iPhone and JailBreak iPhone 3G running firmwa

Comments

• Tristan
    Tristan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i created custom firmware did everything as normal when i tried to put the firmware on it gave me error code 6 and said it could not restore the iphone anyone got any ideas

• Cage
    Cage Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

ok I got winpwn'd but I have no signal now and I can't find this work around anywhere what am i doing wrong?

• Nuj
    Nuj Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Her it is one more time for tristan
    it worked for me

> Restore your phone back to the standard iPSW

> Create your custom pwned iPSW, do NOT select "activate phone" or "Youtube fix" - only select "Install Cydia"
    > Take out your SIM card (this is important)
    > Put the phone into DFU mode
    > pwn as normal
    > once pwned, unplug iPhone, insert your SIM and plug in again.
    > activate through iTunes as a new phone (also important)

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

i have an 8gb 3g iphone no matter what i do I get Error (1) cant figure out whats going on...any help would be appreciated.

• dave m
    dave m Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Error 6 is when the phone isn't in DFU mode

• Cage
    Cage Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks Nuj That worked great. updating cydia now.

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I just installed it and works great, but before I installed it my 3g firmware was 2.0.1 but after its now 2.0. How do i get it up to the higher level firmware

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

you must select 512mb in resize partition, I tried 1000, 1023, 1008 and all gave error 6

• Inches
    Inches Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

How can I get Installer App to install?? I tried to add the 3 sources above but Cydia won't take them.

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

1st Question: If I pwn my iPhone 3G now, and September rolls around and Apple releases fw 2.1, I'll just be able to update through iTunes to a legit firmware, and then pwn again (when there's an updated Winpwn of course)?

2nd: One of the steps in your tutorial says we have to use iPwner, and that pwns iTunes. What exactly does that mean that iTunes is pwned? Will an update to iTunes de-pwn it? Do I need the latest iTunes for this to work? If other iPods use that computer and iTunes, will there be any problems with that? Thanks!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

hey noone realy answers this but does it jailbreak the 3g iphone juss answer cus people ignore this

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

@Chris: It only jailbreaks iPhone 3G; and it can jailbreak + unlock 2G iPhone.

• InsanityNet
    InsanityNet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I accidentally used WinPwn and built an IPSW without my iPhone connected (last time when I upgraded from 1.1.4 jailbroke to 2.0 PWNed it didn't work (kept giving me error 6 in iTunes) until I connected iPhone and then PWNed), and now my phone is stuck with the USB and iTunes logo (connect to iTunes I asssume). Is this because I didn't connect my iPhone while PWNing it, because I've had it connected and tried PWNing it several times and still nothing! I've restored several times now to versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 and still nothing, I tried PWNing the IPSW when it's at the "Emergency only" screen and still nothing. What do I do? I feel dumb!

• frenzy_ns
    frenzy_ns Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It works for me, but noticed that email program is not working to download gmail using imap..
    Is there anyone encounter it also?

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

It worked fine, but when I upgrade essentials in Cydia after it installs the entire phone freezes, anyone else run into this problem?

• Adam Smith
    Adam Smith Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Hi guys i cant open ipwner the box isnt highlighted any ideas? and btw the new winpwn 2.0.4 works with vista??

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress

i did it with winpwn first genreation it jailbroken but no service after the jaibreak what should i do now

• havber
    havber Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I followed these prcedures and the phone works fine, but when i connenct to my pc, iTunes tells me to configure as new or recover from backup allthough I allready did this. Tried to recover again, but the same thing happens. Anyone know how to fix this?

• havber
    havber Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

InsanityNet: Install BossPrefs from Cydia and use it to "Fix User Dir Permissions" under "More". This fixed my email program.

• mattd
    mattd Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

So i downloaded the winpwn from rapidshare and after i install it and try to run the program it gives me an error message and wont open. Any thoughts?

• Wijman
    Wijman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I have got a way of saving all of your Cydia applications and putting them ALL back right after you restore; saving you the trouble of finding all of your apps again.

First you want to get a list of all the installed apps and libraries
    cydia has installed for you:

"A=`dpkg -l | awk '{print $2}'`; echo $A"

Take this list, remove any information about failed installs (should there be any information there will only be a few words to remove) and then remove the word 'firmware' from the list. Store the list somewhere safe (Text document on your Desktop).

You then want to back up the /etc/apt folder (You will put it back later).

Install new firmware.

Replace your /etc/apt folder with your backup.

SSH to your phone:

To download a list of all the available packages from various places run "apt-get update"

Finally you need to run "apt-get install PACKAGE_LIST" (Package list being the contents of the document you saved earlier).

**Should you encounter any conflicts (Fairly rare) then you must decide which of the apps you do not want (The conflicting apps will be listed)**

It should then go off and download all the applications and then install them one at a time. Takes a while to do this, but you can leave it to do its thing for 10 minutes or so. Once this is done, you need to force a re-spring:

"killall SringBoard"

***DONE***

Don't forget to remove all the quotes (If you copy/paste).

I KNOW this works as I have done this numerous times! I hope you find this helpful! If you have any problems feel free to post back here and I'll help you out. Please post back with success stories aswell as it's the only way to make this more widely known.

Thanks,

Wijman & Milamber3

• ThaDarkside
    ThaDarkside Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So, I am reading all this information about jailbreaking the 3G iPhone. My question is, what is the major advantage to doing this? I don't want to screw up my phone that I just received. Can someone give me a quick rundown of the pros and cons? Thanks.

• Ravi
    Ravi Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

hey my ziphone 2.0.0.4 keeps on crashing when i try to make my custom restore file anyone know whats causeing this, and how do i get the phone to work when i jailbreak the iphone 3g

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

i keep getting error 6 in iTunes right when its about to restore the software.

• sebastian counts
    sebastian counts Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ok everytime i do the restore i get the itunes error 6 anybody else getting that

• yosi
    yosi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

When will unlock for iphone 3g come?

Thank you

• sebastian counts
    sebastian counts Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ok i uninstalled ipwner and reeinstalled it the the error mesage went awaytry that it worked for me

• alliyah0722
    alliyah0722 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi, im a newbie with iphone,i live here in japan, i just bought a new iphone 3g from softbank with version 2.0.1. im planning to jailbreak my iphone but im worried that it might cause a problem with my mobile carrier softbank, not being able to make calls,sms, mails etc. hope you guys can help me.

• Art
    Art Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I was restoring my iphone with custom ispw, in the proccess, my PC shut off. I went back redo the it again, it exstracted all the files then then it encountered error messages "Iphone could not be restore". I'd thought using the Original ISPW to flash it then use custom ISPW again. Both came out to be the same message. Anyone would know what I can do at this point?

• Hero
    Hero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just updated my 1st generation iPhone with 2.0.1 with WinPwn 2.0.4. My phone is working perfectly and I have an internet connection.

However, when i click on youtube, I get an error saying:
    "You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable YouTube"

Any suggestions?