WinPwn 2.0.0.4: Software to JailBreak & Unlock 1st gen iPhone and JailBreak iPhone 3G running firmwa

13»

Comments

• JP
    JP Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Ok so i have a 2g iphone with firmware 2.0 currently jailbroken by winpwn. my question is: if i jailbreak the new 2.01 ipsw....install it on my iphone and then restore from a backup....will i lose all of my apps that i downloaded from cydia....will i lose the GBA emulator that i ssh'ed onto the iphone....will i lose the themes that i have no.....and all that other good stuff that im unaware if it gets incorrporuted in the itunes backups...i hope i was pretty clear for everyone.....thanks so much !!!!

• madmonkey301
    madmonkey301 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I keep having this error 6 just like ravi and Anon has.

Please help.

firmware: latest from itune update (perhaps it is 2.0.1.5)
    iphone version: 1st Gen (2G)

Thanks a lot.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

When i am creating the custom IPSW am i supposed to be using the 1.1.4 restore file that i downloaded? And when i click ipwner where do i browse it does automatic steps to recognize your ihpone when you press that button.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Where can i get the file i need to make a ipsw, because it is not in my itunes folder?

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

is there anyone in houston i can pay to do this

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

i jailbroke my iphone and it works fine i just can sync my music to my phone anymore plz help email me at eddiesilva408@hotmail.com

• mILAN
    mILAN Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

will this software work with vista? because i seem to have problem, at the end when i use itunes to restore to the new created software, it says failed!!! can someone help?

• ernie
    ernie Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hi, im trying to unlock the original iphone. The unlocking procudure works, but i get no service. Now i googled fixes for this, and all of them include unchecking the activate phone option. How am i suppose to unlock the phone to use with T-Mobile if i uncheck that option? are there any other fixes for this, or do i have to wait for winpwn 1.0.0.5?

• olmity
    olmity Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi, i live in japan where the iphone has finally been released. this week i got a 3G 16G. WinPwn 2.0.0.4 allegedly only supports firmwares up to 2.01. Problem is that i have (stupidly) upgraded to 2.02 and could not find a way to restore to the 2.01. Has anyone tried the WinPwn 2.0.0.4 on an iphone running on 2.02?

• hope this helps
    hope this helps Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If winpwn is crashing, try making the root size larger...it worked for me. I read in another forum that custom images may cause the .ipsw to take up more space than the default 500MB root.

• Edward
    Edward Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

i have a question i still have 2.0 running on my 1st generation iphone i want to update it to firmware 2.0.2 how do i do that plzzzzzzz help me do i have to use this tool

• Vinh
    Vinh Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

How do I downgrade to version 2.0.1? I update to 2.0.2 on the first Gen Iphone and also my 3G now I can't the Pwntool won't unlock and Jailbreak 3G. Can I downgrade to 2.0.1 then unlock with pwntool and Jailbreak the 3G? Please help thank you verymuch

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

I pwned my iphone 2G and bought an app and installed a few free ones. They all won't start up...
    any idea's?

• hero-sam
    hero-sam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I am thinking of getting a PAYG iphone that will be released in england tomorrow and i was wondering will the 12 months free internet be available once jailbroken also i know you can restore the old iphone dead simply by DFU mode and restore but is it as simple on the 3g phone aslo how bad is WinPWN for crashing the iphone or wrecking it
    Sorry if questions are nubey

• osama
    osama Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi i have iphone 16gb softw. 114 i got problem ido restart then i got in my iphone knew vergen 202 bout im try to go back to vergen 1.1.4 please helpe me for this problem thanks

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

hi there, i am new in jail breaking Iphone 3g. Can some one help me?

I had downloaded winpwn 2.0.0.4 for windows and it show application error when i run winpwn.

• Mobile Review
    Mobile Review Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for sharing info on Jailbreaking Iphone. Would this software going to effect the phone in terms of firmware,or does it break up my device.