Dev Team Releases PwnageTool 2.2, QuickPwn 2.2 for Mac & QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows; Supports iPhone F

Comments

• Love my iPhone
    Love my iPhone Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Following my previous post, I have managed to upload my iPhone 3G screenshot. From the screenshot, you can see:

1) iPhone 3G version 2.2
    2) Modem Firware 02.11.07 (preserved from V2.1)
    3) Got Vodafone UK signal with 3G data using TurboSim

http://www.techoriginal.co.uk/iphone/iphone.jpg

• ulises
    ulises Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I'm having problems with mail app. I can't delete my mail. Don't know what happened after I updated to 2.2. I on the tmobile network by the way. Is anyone else having trouble with this?

• Love my iPhone
    via Wordpress

To Ulises

Try hard reset mail app (long hold Home button until the screen return to spring board).

If it doesn't solve your problem, then you will have to restore iPhone and set it up as new phone. Then re-add your mail account.

• andres
    andres Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

hi guys, when do you think you'll have the custom firmware for windows users???

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Cheers Dev Team :) Always fast to release new jailbreak apps! Much Appreciated!

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

altan, I read that 2.1 mobileinstallation patch works for 2.2.

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

iPhoneHacks, you are our trusted source, please provide us with a custom .ipsw file for iPhone 3G firmware 2.2 without the baseband updated. Thank you.

• sherwin
    sherwin Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I successfully jailbreaked the iPhone 3G using the previous Pwnage tool version for 2.1 and was able to use an unlock Sim. Can I still use the Dev Teams previous version, if the phone was not Upgraded yet to fw 2.2? I'm a Windows user.

• ulises
    via Wordpress

is anyone having trouble with tmobile edge after upgrading to 2.2?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

yes please offer a custom ipsw file without changing the boot log and without installler, cydia is enough.

• Manny Mendoza
    Manny Mendoza Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I also lost my settings app since it was in a Catgeories app folder. I also had Cydia in there, so now I cannot run anything was in a categories folder. Ugh, resetting back to factory...

• JadeStar
    JadeStar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

HELP! My original iPhone 2G has reverted back to its not activated state. It is now locked and I only can get the emergency screen. I don't know what to do.

I used QuickPwn to go to 2.2 and everything was fine except Installer and Cydia were gone. So I used Pwnage Tool and when I tried to restore the phone in iTunes (8.0) it just gave me the emergency dial screen when the phone rebooted,

I then followed someones advice and upgraded to iTunes 8.0.2 and tried twice more with Pwnage Tool and Quickpwn to get my device back to its working state. To no avail.

And then iTunes told me my SIM card was not allowed.

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?

I am on a Mac using the mac versions of Pwnage Tool and QuickPwn and have an original Apple iPhone.

• Love my iPhone
    via Wordpress

Hi Guys

I have read many of you require a custom ipsw. I would love to share mine which is custom using pwnagetool 2.2 (preserve baseband and no installer). You can refer to my previous posts and they show my custom ipsw works.

However I do not know the policy here in relation to post a download link. Therefore I will only post it if iPhoneHacks allows me to do so.

Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

@Manny,

You are right, the reason you might not be seeing the settings apps after upgrading is because you placed it in a folder and after the upgrade restored using the backup created.

The only way to resolve this issue in our opinion is to setup your iPhone after the upgrade as a new iPhone. However, you will end up losing all your contacts, SMSes etc which is not ideal.

Or a workaround would be to use QuickGold to search for the app that is missing from the homescreen and launch it (not sure if the app will show up but you can give it a shot).

We had reviewed QuickGold here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/iphonequickgold.html

We will add this as a problem in our review of Categories app.

@Love my iPhone,

We have no issues with readers posting links. However, readers should use them with caution and at their own risk.

Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

@ulises,

The problem deleting mails that you are referring to can generally be resolved by navigating to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (Your account name) > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox, then setting for the “On My iPhone” Trash for a POP account, or “On the Server” for an IMAP account.

cheers!

• ulises
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the feedback. I have noticed, that my tmobile edge has been working slower than usual. has this been the case for others tmobile users?

• shlea
    shlea Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my 1st gen iPhone today. Everything seemed to work okay, BUT
    - it's much slower in launching apps
    - when starting the email application, it just starts, and then closes down again before I can do anything.

Any clue, anyone?

• shlea
    shlea Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

@myself (and anyone else who might have a problem like the one mentioned above)

I noted that IntelliScreen behaved a bit strange, as it didn't show page 2 and just flashed calendar for 5-10 sec on page one before disappearing. So I thought that as this is interfering with the emails, it might be a link.

I removed IntelliScreen completely and voila!! now my email works flawlessly. And the app launching speed is better.

Perhaps IntelliScreen is not fully compatible with 2.2 ?

• Johan27
    Johan27 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hej

Jag uppdaterade min 3g via itunes och hade ett fake-sim i, nu står det NO SERVICE....finns det nåt som gör att jag kan fortsätta använda mitt fake-sim.

Tacksam för all hjälp jag kan få.

• Johan27
    Johan27 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi guyz

I uppgraded my iphone 3g to 2.2 firmware, in itunes, and I used a fake-sim, now it says NO SERVICE...Please help me so I can use my fake-sim.

Thankful to every help I can get.

• Jeff K
    Jeff K Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

HEY GUYS JUST FINISHED JAILBREAKING AND UNLOCKING MY IPHONE 2.2 on VISTA. INCLUDES CYDIA AND INSTALLER. ALSO DONT FORGET IF YOU NEED TO UNLOCK THE PHONE FOR USE WITH ANOTHER CARRIER, REMEMBER TO HAVE THE SIMCARD OF THE OTHER CARRIER IN YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU START YOUR FIRMWARE PROCESS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Jeff
    JKATZ3466@gmail.com

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

I have an Iphone 3g with firmware 2.1(5F136) and modem firmware 02.11.07. Can this firmware still be unlocked in the future? can I jailbreak 2.1 with out updating to 2.2 and w/o changing the basemand?

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Just want to make sure I understand.I presently have a 3G that I have jailbreak and I do not want or need to unlock. Can I upgrade to 2.2 and still use Cydia?Meaning do I need to use QuickPwn after I do the upgrade? And do I need to be concerned about the custom ipsw file without baseband upgraded?
    Thanks

• Srini
    Srini Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Upgraded 2.2 on a 2G in Windows! :)

Folks, here is a very easy way of upgrading if you dont want to wait for pwnage for windows..infact..there is no need of Pwnage, quickpwn nor the new version of itunes... this is what I did and works for me

Download the pwned ipsw from the following location (****)

http://isohunt.com/download/53570925/iPhone1%2C1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw.****

(26 seeders plus me till weekend!)

once u download, open Itunes, then put the phone on DFU.. if you cant work out the trick to dfu..then download this small utility

http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

extract the contents to C:\DFU (only for ease of use)

From Run .. enter the following command..

c:\dfu\dfu "iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu"

This will put ur iphone in DFU and itunes (my version is 8.0.0.35) will ask u to check for update, click ok,,and it will ask u to restore.

Hold Shift and hit restore, browse to the downloaded IPSW and let itunes restore.. With 2.2 you can also see a progress bar on the iphone. Once it is done, it wouldr restart and load bootneuter...it wont do much since you already have ur iphone neutered.
    One last restart and u are up with a fresh image of 2.2 unlocked.. with Installer and cydia :)

Enjoy!!

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

My iPhone 3G running the legal Apple version of the new firmware 2.2, and modem firmware 2.28, is now fully unlocked via a Proxy-SIM. I am using it on the AIS network in Thailand. It sure is nice to have my iPhone back to being a phone again instead of just an iPod Touch after making the mistake of upgrading the firmware of 2.2 and getting locked out. If you go to the following link you can see screen-shots from my phone:

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone-3g/my-iphone-3g-running-2-2-and-new-baseband-now-fully-unlocked-via-proxy-sim-39654.html#post378976

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

hello guys,i have questions,i accidentally upgraded my iphone 3g with 2.2 in i tunes and lost all what i did in jailbreak,i just jailbreak again my i phone with quickpwn 2.2, how come i cant see all my applications that i got from itunes?,before i accidentally upgraded my iphone i made a folder from the categories named GAMES,i put all my other applicatios here and i lost it even my notes on my iphone was lost too....please help..thanks in advance

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

hey guys i have installed Quickgold and i can search for all my applications which i installed before i accidentally upgraded to 2.2, Is there any solutions to put back on my iphone screens all of my applicatios i have installed before, the problem is i cant see in the phone but it's alraedy installed!!,Help pls.
    Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

@richard,

Thats great, at least you can access your apps now.

I guess one of the things that you could try is, search for the Categories app using QuickGold, then launch it and in the settings delete the apps that are missing from the respected folders.

However, not sure if the apps get listed in Categories app after the upgrade so that they can be deleted.

Let us know how it goes.

• interf4ce
    interf4ce Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my 2G (already been jailbroken) in iTunes than ran QuickPwn 2.2 on Mac OS X.

It went though the process but only asked me if I wanted to change the boot images, nothing about Cydia or Installer.

It continued and pushed the ipsw to the phone, restarted, but not Cydia or Installer icon.

Am I missing something?

• camo^et
    camo^et Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi,I was update my iPhone 3g+Turbo-Sim and firmware 2.1 to v.2.2 so iTunes sad " Sim card not available".How can i fix my iphone?