Dev Team Releases PwnageTool 2.2, QuickPwn 2.2 for Mac & QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows; Supports iPhone F

124»

Comments

• johnny appleseed
    johnny appleseed Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm a real DUMB ASS. I was so excited about maybe getting a iphone 3g for my wife for christmas i didn't do my research good enough and i bout it for $400 on ebay on a 8g 3g. then i bought a nice plastic case for it $25.00 then i found out that it wouldn't work with my regular sim card out of my wifes old phone so i boufgt a turbo sim $30.00. Got the turbo sim today installed it waited patiently BAMM had at&t service BOY WAS I HAPPY. But the demons at apple and at&t had a trick up there sleeve 2 hours latter i had no service then i saw your site and i could kick myself to sleep. my wife had a jailbroken 2.2 version iphone 3g. WTF i waisted $455 on a ipod touch. I can only pray that your team can help us out since i see there alot of people with this problem. When i bought the turbo sim it said i would be able to use it out the box what happened?

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

I have a 1st generation apple iphone with firmware 2.2 and I am looking for the step by step process to unlock my iphone. SOrry if this was already posted. Please help!

• Smoke
    Smoke Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i cant get it to work all everytime i try my phone stays at the boot up screen and then will shut off and keep on doing the same thing.. any ideas what im doing wrong?

• NINO BROWN
    NINO BROWN Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

any idea on how to create a custum ipsw? please help!

• NINO BROWN
    NINO BROWN Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i still have V2.1 running and don't know how to upgrade. should i upgrade with itunes ? is it still gonna work while trying to install yellowsn0w?

• Ripnotes
    Ripnotes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello everyone, I need some serious help!!! I'm trying to use Quickpwn 2.2 on my laptop and it continues to get stuck at the last step which is the point im suppose to put my iPhone in DFU mode. Im on vista home premium 32 bit operating system. Can anyone give me step by step instructions how to tweak my windows vista for I could be able to use quickpwn 2.2 without a problem. I have .net 3.5 sp1 already and I just need to know what else I need to do thanks in advance. (F.Y.I - I dont have another computer so I need help with this one)

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

Hey guys..i have the 3g 2.2, 8.0.2 for itunes downloaded and when i did the whole process to jail break i got as far as the screen where it tells me it is trying to restore..(then the hold for//5 seconds ) u know...but it never leaves past that menu??!?!!?!!! what CAN u guys recomemnd?? PLEASE help.

• Lance
    Lance Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

How come even though I have download quickpwn22, when I run it a pop-up pops up and says "quickpwn will only work with firmware 2.0?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Lance,

Please check our step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G to ensure you are using the correct version of QuickPwn:

For Windows:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/jailbreak3g-win.html

For Mac:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/jailbreak3g-mac.html

• Sodbayar Ganzorig
    via Wordpress

i wanted to back up my stuff(contacts, photos, music) on my iphone 3g that i was using, because my sim card(china mobile) has randomly decided to stop working. My friend told me it was that a had a 2.1 so he upgraded it to a 2.2, but still no success. So after long and long and long period of time me trying to have my iphone 3g working it got more messed up. After the back up the itunes screen displayed a message that: "The sim card inserted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported.", on top of that my iphone displayes in image of USB needed to be connected to itunes(but i already did). where did i go wrong?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Sodbayar,

Please check our step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G:

For Windows:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/jailbreak3g-win.html

For Mac:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/jailbreak3g-mac.html

and then our step-by-step guide to unlock iPhone 3G:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/unlock-3g-guide.html

• matias
    matias Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

may i unlock the sim-lock and jailbreak my 2G iphone if i upgrade the 2.0 firmware to 2.2? How could i do it? how can i upgrade to 2.2 and unlock the simlock (i use it with other provider)? thanks for your help!

• Pappa
    Pappa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I need help guys. My Iphone was working fine until I tried to upgrade to the 2.2 firmware, now my Iphone just stays on the screen that shows the "connect cable to itunes". Itunes does not even recognize my Iphone when I connect it. Can someone please help

• Krys
    Krys Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I've tried doing this quickpwn thing for windows, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the 1st Gen iPhone 2G and followed the instructions to the letter.

1. I restored my iPhone through iTunes
    2. I downloaded QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows and the Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6
    3. I followed the QuickPwn onscreen instructions through finding the Bootloaders and choosing the things to download.
    4. I clicked the blue arrow to start the jailbreak

This is where I run into issues. The instructions state
    "Wait for your iPhone to connect in Recovery Mode..."
    "Hold down the Home button for 5 seconds"
    etc, etc.
    The first line is black, the rest is gray.

My iPhone beeps, goes black, shows the silver apple, then shows the usb --> iTunes screen, and then nothing happens. The QuckPwn program says "Preparing your device - please follow the instructions above" but none of the other instructions other than the first darken to black, they stay light gray. I have tried following the rest of the instructions and waiting for them to turn black until doing so, but nothing ever happens.

Help me please!!

• Fazrul
    Fazrul Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I'm using iphone 2g firmware 2.1 and want to upgrade to 2.2.1. The problem is when i upgrade it to 2.2.1, there's an error and it cannot be upgraded.
    Can anyone help me with this???

• Fazrul
    Fazrul Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Fazrul said...

I'm using iphone 2g firmware 2.1 and want to upgrade to 2.2.1. The problem is when i upgrade it to 2.2.1, there's an error (14) and it cannot be upgraded. FYI i hv already update my iTunes to 8.0.2.
    Can anyone help me with this???

• Dm
    Dm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

is there a difference in using itunes version? from 8.0.2 and 8.1.1.10?

im going to upgrade my 1st gen to 2.2.1 and dont want to come up with unexpected errors. thanks

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know why pwnage tool 2.2.5 quits unexpectedly when I try and use my own boot picture? It meets all the regulations so I dont know what exactly is going on... Also last time I went to jailbreak my phone I couldn't get any cell signal at all.. any ideas?