Dev Team Releases PwnageTool 2.2, QuickPwn 2.2 for Mac & QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows; Supports iPhone F

Comments

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

I just bought a new iPhone 2G. Never activated or used. I was able to force a restore and upgrade firmware to 2.2 and run QuickPwn, but Can NOT get it to work as a phone. I take the sim from my legit 3G and insert it in the 2G- I get no service bars and it doesnt work. I insert another sim from an LG phone into the 2G- same, no bars, doesnt work. My question is: Should it work? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks! -Ryan

• drq
    drq Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I updated to 2.2 without fully understanding the baseband stuff. However I did eventually get it going and now have a 2.2 pwnd iphone with working edge and 3g. After plenty of failed restore attempts I finally:
    1. Downgraded to 2.1
    2. Updated phone to 2.2
    3. Let it activate
    4. Create pwntool restore image for "never pwnd" phone
    5. DRU restore with created image
    6. Sync to last good backup you have.

• Indy
    Indy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just ran the QuickPwn22-1.exe but my 3g Iphone is now stuck on the apple symbol. Restarting the phone is the same thing. Everything ran fine during the update but now nothing but the apple. Suggestions?

• camo^et
    camo^et Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Can I downgrade modem from 2.2 to 2.1? I have iPhone 3g+Turbo-Sim.

• law
    law Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Great Post! I have a 3G iphone running 2.1 (out of box) and running my t-mo sim card with the most current i-smartphone card. it works fine just buggy with the airport mode. I Pwnage it with with the Pwnage 2.2 and used the expert mode (built a custom ipsw) to install what it needs to do. After my iphone was pwnage, the i-smartphone sim no longer worked correctly. I went back to reinstall the original 2.1 ipsw and the everything works again. any idea why it did that or did I missed a step? Any advice would be great!

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

As with version 2.1, quickpwn jailbreaks but DOES NOT UNLOCK. I posted the same about the last version and my comment got deleted so I'm expecting this one will too.

• Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Is it possible to downgrade to version 2.1 including baseband with the Pwnagetool, in case you screwed up your iPhone with upgrading to version 2.2 through iTunes (which I did)?

• sherwin
    sherwin Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Thank you all for valuable reading material. I need clarification however. I have an iPhone 3G with fw 2.1 not yet activated (nor upgraded to 2.2 fw, nor do I want to) and will not be using AT&T. Can I still use the Quickpwn 2.1 and the iPhone 1.2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw file for jailbreak, and then insert TurboSim for unlocking?? Any change in the step-by-step procedure for WinXP??

• Ray G.
    Ray G. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

When is the PwnageTool 2.2.1 for windows going to be released? I want to reap the benefits of the new updates as well

• Neil
    Neil Posts: 46
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a 3G and Im with AT&T, I want to jailbreak it. I have a windows XP not MAC. What tool should I use and what exactly is unlocking it? Is unlocking it the ability to change wireless carriers. Please respond or email me at ndots222@yahoo.com
    Thanks

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

I am trying to create a custom ipsw without altering the basebald in any way, but PwnageTool will not let me unmark the "unlock baseband" option in the bootneuter menu. Any tips on preserving my baseband?

• jailbreak iphone
    jailbreak iphone Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have maximum respect to the dev team when it comes to the iphone. great team continues to come up with the goods

• wah
    wah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So with 2.2, do I have to do a backup like I did with 2.1? then do update? this is all on windows and any other info would help and CHEERS the DEV TEAM!!!!!

• denalilama
    denalilama Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded and now I don't have an AT&T logo and cannot make phone calls. Anyone else have that problem?

• Cliff
    Cliff Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I just purchased a 3G iphone. It is jailbreak and using turbo sim. However, I update my iphone from itune to 2.2 firmware by accident. Some applications are gone and turbos sim doesn't work anymore. What should I do now?

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Do you have a tutorial or a how-to for QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows?

• Bamm
    Bamm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I already had my iphone 2G unlocked, but wanted the app store so I upgraded my itunes and firmware (1.1.4 to 2.2) and used quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak and unlock. while running the program on a Mac, not the newer version, there was never an option to unlock, it just did everything automatically. Now I have no service. I restored it again and ran pwnage and still, no options it just takes over. Still no service. I can't even get on Wi-fi hot spots. I had unlocked for T-mobile and everything was working great, now I have to use a crappy free phone while I try and figure this out.

Anyone else having problems with T-mobile service after unlock? Do I just need to try and use a PC or PC version of quickpwn?

• Rick Jamison
    Rick Jamison Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

If I upgrade to 2.2, on 2G iPhone will I loose all my 3rd party programs ie:
    Installer
    Cydia
    Catogories.....etc.
    I have quite a few 3rd party programs

Thanks

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Every time I go to open Quickpwn 2.2 on my PC I get en error message saying that my .NET framework is wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this, what am I doing wrong?

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

I have to agree with iammattu.. I had the same issue. Stupidly (by mistake) restored my iphone to 2.2 turning it into a headache. Tried using Pwnage tool in both simple and expert modes without any success. So I used Quickpwn and Hooray !
    Works great ! Thank you !!

• abbasi
    abbasi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just bought 3g form O2 and was dumb enough to upgrade it to 2.2! now what am i supposed to do!! i am a windows user! can any 1 help!!!

• MistaWhite
    MistaWhite Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

How can one of your people port linux to the Iphone and you not have a Pwn tool that runs on linux....? What about the people that don't have windows or macs? I run Ubuntu only.

• Tyler G
    Tyler G Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok. First off. You guys are amazing. I've been reading your page since 3 months after the first iphone came out. You have single handedly made my iphone experience better.

ok. thank you would be an understatement if you can help solve my problem.

I had my iphone through att since the first iphone came out. I have the 4g old iphone. 2g i believe. I had to cancel because of a phone my company got me. I want to hack my old iphone and use the sim card from my new phone (blackjack 2). It currently has ATT service on it so i figured the switch would be easy. I ran quickpwn to unlock it. It worked (i can tell because its telling me i have voicemail/txts) but i can't get past the emergency call screen asking me to connect to itunes.

Am I missing a step after jailbreaking it? is what i'm doing not possible? is it actually fully unlocked?

Please please help. I'm on week 2 looking to solve this own problem on my own and now I must turn to the experts.

Thank you in advanced.

• ozey
    ozey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Help - i've just tried to jailbreak my iphone 3G 2.2 firmwire using the quick pwn 2.2 software. It seemed to work until the reboot and now its stuck on the apple loading screen. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Can i say i love you guys??? Ive been stressing over my phone for hours, thinking i was never going to fix it, and now it works!!! QuickPwn is absolutely wonderful :)

• Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

HEY GUYS, I ACCIDENTALLY DONWLOADED 2.2 ON MY 3G IPHONE WITH A TURBO SIM. NOW IT'S SAYING "NO SERVICE"!! HELP! WHAT DO I DO??

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I downloaded quick pwn 2.2 for windows bbut when I try to run it it says application cannot run .net framework v 2.0.7345 needed what does that mean. Help !!!!

• Jorge Toronto
    Jorge Toronto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works like a charm.
    I had my first gen running in 2.0.1, I upgraded to 2.2. and used quickpwn (windows)
    I was able to jailbreak and unlock my phone with no problems. Just don't leave your phone unattended and be ready to follow the instructions in QuickPwn.
    It'll tell you exactly what to do.
    You will need to download the bootloaders v.3.9 and v.4.6 to unlock the phone but they are easy to find, just Google them.

Good Luck
    J

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

I have a first-gen 2G iPhone on 1.1.4 (jailbreaked, unlocked and activated with iliberty 1.3) and my provider is Rogers.

Can I get away with restoring to 2.2 via itunes and running quickpwn? Since I am on Rogers, is it even necessary to unlock the 2g phone? Can I get away with just jailbreaking?

How does quickpwn treat a 2g iphone?

I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on this and I know there are other people wanting this clarified as well.

Basically I'm not sure how the first-gen iPhone will react to a Rogers SIM after doing a restore to 2.2.

Also note that I don't care if I lose everything. I want the phone to be completely wiped oeut and upgraded to 2.2 with nothing on it except the usual - and installer and cydia.

Thanks in advance!

• DJ
    DJ Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

Can I use an already created custom ipsw file on another iPhone? I successfully jailbroke my wifes 2g iPhone with firmware 2.2. I also have a 2g iPhone that is jailbroken with fimware 2.1, but wasn't sure if I needed go through the entire pwnage tool setup for 2.2. Much love to the dev team and hope all have a great New Years!