Apple Releases Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208) For GSM iPhone 4 [Updated]

Comments

• hellwalker
    hellwalker Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    apple u seriously suck :@ i had 5.1 and i tried updating to 5.1.1 but apple stopped signing the 5.1.1 (9b206) :.( i was waiting for the untethered jailbreak u suck apple everyone i m soo angry i m selling my iphone 4 right now ............. hate u apple .................
  • daman
    daman Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Get 4S will solved problems !
  • Sweeeeet
    Sweeeeet Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    download the last build and restore
  • joshua
    joshua Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    thx pod2g it safe to update not wanker
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    my phone is stuck on the itunes restore.. apple is not signing "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore"please help, what can i do?
  • bigtom
    bigtom Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Not pod26 blame apple
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    so is there no way to to get 5.1.1 at this moment in time to have a jailbroken if you dont have "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore" as the firmware.. apple is not signing? is there any other way...
  • Jay Ranson
    Jay Ranson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Not entirely sure Apple would be this petty, but it certainly seems like this (minor update) was intentional to stop people from jailbreaking their iPhones. It is far too convenient that it was released literally hours after Absinthe 2.0 was released. Unsuspecting jailbreakers should restore their iPhones before jailbreaking with Absinthe 2.0, and I think Apple took advantage of this to trick us into updating our firmwares, as it is only a minor update so it is still 5.1.1 and thus the user is unsuspecting. Luckily, Apple haven't made the older version incompatible yet, so it is still possible to downgrade. - So I suggest, if you've accidentally upgraded, you downgrade before it isn't possible anymore.
  • CP
    CP Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Still poissible to update with 206 and JB, just use the shift button to select the older ipsw
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Wow. I was super bored yesterday, so I restored my phone and jailbroken it. I hate it for those that didn't. That was one hell of a wait. The good news is, my 5.1.1 untethered resell price has increased!
  • Tums
    Tums Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I am currently on 4.2.1 JB, is there a way to upgrade directly to the 5.1.1 9B206 build and then use Absinthe to JB?
  • MOhammed
    MOhammed Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    hmmm so some jailbreakers have issues with the new build (9b208)lucky me i jailbreaked on the older version of 5.1.1hope you have solution soon
  • MOhammed
    MOhammed Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    will try for you selfdownload the old firmware of 5.1.1(9b206) and hold shift and press updatechoose the ipsw file the hit ok, if it worked for you then congratz, you can do the jailbreak, if not , i'm sorry but you should do it yesterday when it was avilable.
  • hellwalker
    hellwalker Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Pod2g pls do something ;( i want untethered jb ;.(
  • manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Okay. I happen to have 9b206 shsh blob saved by TinyUmbrella a few days ago.How do I downgrade? Does Redsn0w 0.9.11b4 support downgrade to 5.1.1 0b206? Or iFaith 1.4.2?
  • DeeDee
    DeeDee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Guys, just follow the instructions, and make sure to get 9b206. It works fine.Also, keep in mind that all the servers (cydia, bigboss, etc) are overloaded during the first few days with people downloading... so just retry when it fails.
  • nuttermcbutter
    nuttermcbutter Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The download link above for reverting back is for the iphone 3? No wonder it wasn't working on my 4s
  • Tums
    via Wordpress
    The download link for reverting back to 9B206 is for iphone 4. The 4S version you can find at iosindex.com
  • Tums
    via Wordpress
    Can anyone confirm that if i update while holding shift and select the 9B206 restore ipsw that i can update to 5.1.1 9B206 from 4.2.1? Thanks
  • Bb
    Bb Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Right - anyone have the 4S link, please? Thanks.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It looks like there is some confusion. Apple has released a revised version of iOS 5.1.1 only for GSM iPhone 4. So if you have a problem jailbreaking iPhone 4S it has nothing to do with the revised version of iOS 5.1.1.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Apple will keep both build windows open. thats how it was for the iPhone 4s 9A405/6. both windows will be open until apple releases a new update (ie 5.1.2)
  • arthur
    arthur Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone know if its necessary the SHSH to downgrade from 5.1.1 9b208 to 5.1.1 9b206?I have already tryed to restore using itunes and the 9b206 IPSW (tryed in recovery mode, UDF mode, normal mode) but it always come back to the error 3194.Can anyone help me with this?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It looks you've host filed entries pointing to Cydia rather than to Apple servers. You can either remove the host file entries or launch TinyUmbrella, tap on advanced, deselect Set hosts to Cydia on exit and close TinyUmbrella and try again. You should now be able to restore using iTunes now.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    As I understand it, its only an update if you download from the update/upgrade button in itunes. If you're using an ipsw file its a restore and yes that method should be ok especially for the iphone 4 under the circumstances. You should make a backup and restore it back to your phone. Don't worry itunes will give you the option during the restore procedure.
  • Ross
    Ross Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Okay, I've got the package iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipswnow what do I do? I double click it and nothing happens. The restore only gives me a list of previous back-ups.Any ideas what I do with the file?
  • clueless
    clueless Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i downloaded the 5.1.1 9b206 file that you linked on your post, but i'm not sure what to do with it? i double-clicked the app and it just opens up itunes and nothing more. i'm on the iP4 and unknowingly updated to the 9b208 version not knowing there was such a thing to prevent me from using the jailbreak. i have no idea about how to downgrade as i have no clue what are 'blobs' or whatever.
  • Tums
    via Wordpress
  • Tums
    via Wordpress
    Open itunes and make sure your iphone is plugged in. On the left hand side, navigate to your iphone. Hold shift and click the restore button, itunes will prompt you to select an ipsw, and this is where you navigate to the 9b206 restore ipsw that you downloaded from the post. Hope that helps.