Apple Releases Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208) For GSM iPhone 4 [Updated]

13»

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    You can wait for Chronic Dev team to release an updated version of Absinthe 2.0, which includes support for the revised iOS 5.1.1 file.Or you can tap on the shift key (Windows) or option key (Mac) and click on the Restore button in iTunes, which will give you an option to select the iOS 5.1.1 9b206 firmware file that you've downloaded to downgrade back to it.Please remember to take a backup to iCloud and iTunes so you can restore it back from the latest backup.
  • ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Sneaky bastards Apple won't stop me from having a jailbroken iphone 4. I'll just stay with IOS 5.1 for now. Screw them :p
  • iphoneboy
    iphoneboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i download the ipsw in the link and update my iphone with the ipsw in the link and now i can't jailbreak my iphone4... :(
  • jaysto
    jaysto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    So i downloaded the 206 restore from the link that was provided but it doesnt seem to contain an ispw file extension?? anyone have any insight on this?
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    Rename the file extension to .ipsw, for some reason windowns converts it to a zip or rar file.
  • Tre
    Tre Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    still working just restored "stopped counting number of times" 206 but still can't JB. Why, Why, Why. .....this sucks not being able to JB....
  • arthur
    arthur Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    It really worked, finally downgraded to 5.1.1. 9b206, Thanks for the help!Thank you VERY MUCH!!
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    hold shift on pc or option on mac and browse for ipsw
  • Eljoe2011
    Eljoe2011 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Here is how to downgrade it step by step:1)Download 5.1.1 9b206 from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ (If you use Internet Explorer you will have to change the file extencion from .zip to .ipsw2)Then open itunes with your iphone conected and hold shift and click restore.3)Then search for the downloaded .ipsw file and restore it4)Enjoy it ;-) btw this will work till apple stops signing the 5.1.1 9b206 ipsw so if i were you I would do it fast :),and lastly sorry for my bad english cuz im from PUERTO RICO :D... Hope this helps!!
  • Jaxsen
    Jaxsen Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    "The revision iOS 5.1.1 is currently available only for GSM iPhone 4."The update is not available for any version of the iPhone 4S.
  • Jaxsen
    Jaxsen Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Download the older version of 5.1.1 and jailbreak like normal. I don't know where you could get the older version though...
  • Raistlin74
    Raistlin74 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone know if Apple keeps on signing 5.1.1 build 906? I've already downloaded 906 restore but I don't want to try to upgrade to 5.1.1_908 because I don't want to lose JB on my iphone 4 (5.0.1).
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    @chronicdevteam just twitted "Support for the new iPhone4 firmware (9B208) is on the way, should be live within a couple of hours :D "
  • angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    I just Restore my iphone yeaterday and the new revised update really is espectacular. I was having trouble with performance and now it runs smoothly, wi-fi had issues now all gone, safari is faster than ever, coverflow is much fluid, the animation runs more fluidly than it did since tbe 5.0 update. The camera has more stability, the hiccups it had when switching app windows is gone, multitasking (app switching cause this aint multitasking) is more reliable, email work much better, apps dont crash (98% of the times, thats an improvement), the battery issue is still there so im convince is hardware that doesnt play well with 5.0 update. Im still testing so ill keep you updated.