World's First Software Method to Unlock iPhone 3G Released [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWorld's First Software Method to Unlock iPhone 3G Released [Updated]

iPhone Dev Team have finally released their much awaited software method to unlock iPhone 3G. Its also the world's first software solution to unlock iPhone 3G and it supports all firmwares including baseband firmware 02.28.00 which they had earlier indicated might not be supported. Update (Jan 2nd, 2009): The dev...

Read the full story here

Comments

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Mine worked perfectly!!! I resetted network settings and popped in my sim card and picked it up immediately!

• Happy Customer
    Happy Customer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Vodafone UK SIM in UK iphone (O2) - works great. Needs the SIM card ejecting and reinserting after a reboot, but everything works.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

So far not working for me with Vibo 3g (only network) in Taiwan.

• djaj
    djaj Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey all

Ive been trying to unlock a Fido iPhone 3G with both versions, still no luck.

Anybody have any success stories/tips?

• MeStesso
    MeStesso Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Who needs 3g unlock when you have an Italian factory-unlocked iPhone? :)

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I hate to sound unthankful but now the Dev Team are asking us to upgrade the baseband before trying to unlock the iPhone 3G?!!!

Excuse me but aren't they the ones who warned us not to upgrade our basebands and use the preserved ipsw files? Do you imagine the hard work and the waste of time (it took two days from my life) searching the web to find a trusted ipsw that is having the baseband preserved just because they didn't release their pwnage tool for Windows, backing up everything, upgrading and restoring all of my files after having ton of issues and iTunes errors .. and now I have to start all over again?!!

I am sorry but this unlock process was supposed to be easy and straight forward, I am supposed to just install and run yellowsn0w and BOOM! everything should work fine and iPhone becomes unlocked without doing any firmware:baseband/upgrade:downgrade/what-so-ever.

iPhoneHacks, are you listenning to me, I am not happy about this and I hope U can cheer me up with some advices.

Regards. And Happy New Year.

• santana
    santana Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Great! I did it. It work perfectly. For a while I wasn't even getting any message but after 30 second I got the no signal message and them I turned the airplane mode on and off. after that the phone start searching and I got T-MObile. Thanks Iphone dev team.

• Harpoon
    Harpoon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Does not work in Austria. Well, still beta, so i won't geht impatient.

thx for infos!

• ?? ^^
    ?? ^^ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

^^^ quit complaining! They've just done this for everyone and imaginge how many days they have spent getting this done. Your 2 days are nothing in comparison so shut the **** up!

• I Love iPhone 3G
    I Love iPhone 3G Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

YES!! Thank you Dev Team. Mine Vodafone UK is working on iPhone 3G (UK-O2)now. And there is no problem when connecting to iTune while iPhone inserted with Vodafone SIM.

• Harpoon
    Harpoon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

actually i was even more impatient, because now it works fine.

• alyx
    alyx Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

sadly it does not work for me. i've got a sim card with PIN without any way of disabling it :(

• ec of uae
    ec of uae Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks so much Iphone Dev team! I believe I really owe you that's why I immediately send a comment...just to let everybody knows that everything's fine with my iphone 3G after following all your instructions,i dont need any turbo sim or V3 which i bought thru online (which actually gives me a network problem from time to time)...really a Happy New Year for me!!!!

• santana
    santana Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi Everything work the only problem I had was that when I restart my iphone It does not get tha signal by itself. I have to turn the air plane mode on and off until I gae the message searching After that work fine. with T-mobile on New york

• 3ca
    3ca Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

No luck for me neither...I'm tried both China mobile and China unicom also my Thailand 1 2 call prepaid card...Right now it seems to be working T-mobile only...I'm not sure got anyone that is not using T-mobile and it is working?....sadly...

• Glenn
    Glenn Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I'm getting AT&T dropped calls like crazy after running the unlock. I don't have another sim card to test another provider, but I was wondering if anyone else was getting dropped calls like crazy?

• mannie
    mannie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I followed the iinstructions but my phone will let me recieve but will not let me make outgoing calls and sometimes my phone will freeze and in most cases i wont even have a single bar to make a call

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Hi,

First, i would like to thanks the DEV TEAM for all your effort to release the solution.

My Iphone is from New Zealand and tried with my China telecom Sim. It's not working.

Waiting for some update to enjoy my cellphone without the boost card which is very slow

Cheers.

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

Alright .. the '**** up' has been shut! .. any clues of how to upgrade my preserved baseband to the latest version without restoring my iPhone? I'm already on firmware 2.2

• casiocas
    casiocas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

:(It`s dont work for me to in Estonia with Elisa network.Thanx for Dev Team enyway!!!:)

• 3ca
    3ca Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I had make it to receive by first puit in my thailand sim card then restart through bosspreff after 2-3mins re insert my china mobile card...and now it is working fine...

GPS,EDGE, flight mode working well

but once i have restart my iphone and i will need to redo the earlier way i make it works if not it will not finding any networks....anyway thanks DEV

• BmwRon
    BmwRon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It hasn't worked for me.. I running the QuickPwn and it's putting the phone in recovery mode I hear a few beeps and NOTHING.. just hangs..I wait and wait and wait.. I've restored 3 times and can't get further than this... Any ideas. of yeah I was at ver 2.11 before I did this... thanks

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Thanks so much! It worked fine for me with an O2 handset in the UK, now on Vodafone. I seem to have to eject/reinsert the SIM card following a reboot, otherwise I just get 'invalid SIM' messages, but it works!

• mist3r8
    mist3r8 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

havin some troubles with t-mobile here,i updated to 2.2 then quickpwned installed yellosn0w just like it said in the dev team blog but now i inserted my sim card i wasnt getting signal so i rebooted got signal for 2-3 secs then its gone any ideas?

• rh
    rh Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

sweden parlino works perfekt.thanks

• mist3r8
    mist3r8 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

now im getting "fixed number dialing active" this is frustrating

• Jim Harding
    Jim Harding Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

For those of you having trouble with t-mobile and only being able to receive calls, it is most likely that you have not disabled the 3g under your settings. The iphone 3g only supports frequencies of 850, 1900, and 2100, while tmobile uses the 1700 frequency to send and the 2100 frequency to receive. If you read the directions closely above it specifically tells t-mobile USA customers to turn of the 3g option.

• Yalın
    Yalın Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

ee,sorry but this sucks...i updated my phone to 2.2 without the baseband but its not working for me but for new updated baseband?i totally apreciate what devteam achieved but it will take alot of time to do to new baseband....anyways,thanks alot to devteaö since seems for many ppl its working.pls help us too :))

• JaredF
    JaredF Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I highly recommend caution. DevTeam says beta, they mean beta. If you visit their website, you'll see lots and lots of people are having no success. I fall into that category. I'm guessing the success rate is above 60%, but it's in beta. Unless you absolutely NEED the 2.2 firmware update, I'd recommend waiting.

• Mike from Naples, Italy
    via Wordpress

WORKED like a charm! Followed iclarified tutorial to upgrade to 2.2, then followed instructions on the unlock from the dev team. Did not show the carrier at first, but as stated wait for the unlock bar to show then slide and carrier shows. Thanks alot to the dev team, I saved some cash and put my thin sim away, hopefully forever. Mike from Italy.