World's First Software Method to Unlock iPhone 3G Released [Updated]

Comments

• Mike from Italy
    Mike from Italy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I would like to add, don't know if it's upgrading to 2.2, or unlock, or combo of both, but apps are working much faster, very noticeable. Seems as though it is using it's full potential now that the thin sim (hardware method), has been removed.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Still no luck with VIBO (3g only Network) in Taiwan.

• Rafale
    Rafale Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Not working. I am back to using a 2.2 TurboSIM.
    I have TMobile and I get no signal after inserting the card. No PIN, nothing special about my SIM card.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

@ tom, i am in the UK and am having trouble gettin my vodafone contract sim to work on the OS UK iphone, i have tried numerous techinques menton on the dev teams website, but as urs is the exact criteria to my unlockin, andy information would be appreciated, thnx

• 3G Lover
    3G Lover Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Neither Fido nor Rogers, no luck

• andres
    andres Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

Can Any one help me I followed every step but nothing I have Tmobile USA any tips or extra steps will be greatly appreciated.

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

update 1, 2, and 4? what happened to update 3?

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

Brazil OI, recognizes carrier but cannot complete any calls (phone app locks up). After a while the signal bars get low and carrier name disappears.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I tried this morning again, i hate to give up especially when people succeed and not me!!!

Therefore, once you ve done all the process, reinsert your boost card! (mine was not finding out the signal anymore), then take it off and just reinsert the sim and it s working! call, sms ect...

• anton
    anton Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

After installing yellowsn0w half an hour manipulation of all kinds was not successful at all. But than at dev team blog I read instructions from one German guy and that did the trick!

Please try out this :
    1. Download and install BossPrefs and Yellowsn0w via Cydia
    2. Disable all Functions with BossPrefs (don´t worry if you can´t disable EDGE)
    3. Reboot ypur Phone with BossPrefs (not in the normally way - important !)
    4. Wait 1.30 min when you see the Lockscreen
    5. Take out your Sim and insert it.
    6. Wait a moment
    7. Go on Settings and Turn on the fly mode
    8. Turn off Fly Mode
    9.R you happy?

I just going to add more!

10. After I did 9 steps it still was not working for me. SO what I did is took out my sim card and pop in sim card but from different provider. In my case (I am in estonia and using EMT but I popped in sim card NORWEGIAN provider Telenor) SO right after I popped in rouming sim card it start search and it worked!!! Both rouming and regular!

So my advice is - BE CREATIVE and DO NOT AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT!

MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO DEV TEAM! YOU GUYS ARE ROCK! THANKS FOR SUCH AN AMAZING NEW YEAR GIFT!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

• babeebugz
    babeebugz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

um yea hi dev team im having trouble myself with the tmobile sim. i installed the yellow snow for the cydia first i followed the instruction and it first had no bars as if it was receiving signal it stayed like that for about 2 hours then it said no service then i switch air plane mode on/off and it stayed it in invalid sim i even installed the yellow snow on the installer i rebooted it waited about 1 minute the it showed no bars for about 1 hour then it said no signals, I'm here in Florida under t-mobile please help thank you

• mist3r8
    mist3r8 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

ok now i got it to work (partially) i got full signal and im abel to send sms but i cant make phone calls because the signal drops inmediatly... :(

• Dynamite
    Dynamite Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works in the Philippines... Just keep switching the airplane toggle to reboot.

• Dyren
    Dyren Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm from Mauritius ,,,getting problem every time,,,it's works,,,couldn't c the the network,,,need to play with the fly mode,,,,ok and off...reboot it,,,inject card ,,,re put it ,,,but it's working fine ,,,another things when I put it 0n 3g ,,,the signal drop ,,,y?????

• Dyren
    via Wordpress

I'm from Mauritius ,,,getting problem every time,,,it's works,,,couldn't c the the network,,,need to play with the fly mode,,,,ok and off...reboot it,,,inject card ,,,re put it ,,,but it's working fine ,,,another things when I put it 0n 3g ,,,the signal drop ,,,y?????

• Dyren
    via Wordpress

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

Thank you Dev Team. My Iphone 3G is bought from London, works perfectly with HK CSL sim and is currently roaming in China But my China Mobile sim do not work, it will only works with turbo sim and needs to eject/reinsert the SIM card many times before i can get a stable signal.

• Ricki Hassan
    Ricki Hassan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

...I am having a problem also.

I am trying to use the new software unlock on a UK iPhone. I have followed the steps (upgrading to 2.2 with new baseband, jailbroken and installed Yellowsn0w).

After rebooting with the T-Mobile UK sim installed it comes up with full signal showing T-Mobile UK and then I try and make a call to test it and then the signal drops off and it says call failed.

Help!

• Ricki Hassan
    via Wordpress

[Update]

Have tested the same iPhone with a Vodafone UK Sim which works perfectly. Full signal, edge connection, can make and receive calls properly without the signal dropping.

This just seems to be a T-Mobile thing. I have tried disabling 3G which it said in one of the previous posts (even though that was saying for US), but the same thing still happens.

• Maikel
    Maikel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Not working, but I might have a strange config.
    A swisscom Iphone and a Dutch KPN sim

Swisscom sim still works, so no harm done.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I installed 2.2.8 Firmware, Jailbroke it, installed yellow sn0w 0.9.1. Now I put in the 3rd party SIM and it did not work. I restarted the phone with the 3rd party SIM in it and it didn't work. I waited a minute after the reboot and stuck in the SIM card, no luck. Any other suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

• Mostafa Zalat
    Mostafa Zalat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it worked with me BUT you have to switch on the Airplane mode and then switch it off after you switch off your mobile and insert your sim.

• Ricki Hassan
    via Wordpress

On my travels I stumbled upon this link:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=377760#post377760

If you follow this to the letter, it should make almost any network work properly.

My iPhone is now working on T-Mobile UK network with 3G connection.

• mon_21
    mon_21 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

After installing yellowsn0w, my calls are dropping like crazy, tried to reinstall it but now its saying "size mismatch" any fix on this?

• vic
    vic Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I did exactly what it said in the instructions. i upgraded to 2.2, jailbroke my iphone 3g, installed yellowsnow, rebooted my iphone and it didnt work. tired it again and i was able to recieve calls and recieve and send out text but i could not make a call out. What do i do from here? I read a couple other people had the same problem. if there is a fix to this please let us know. Also thanks to the dev team for all the hard work.

• Maikel
    Maikel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks Mostafa Zalat
    Your link helped me out .. now it is working for me !!
    Took some time .. but HEY .. it works :-)

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Can anyone tell me if this works with FIDO IPHONE 3G (CANADA)PLS REPLY thanks dev team !

• Nokie
    Nokie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works for a few second then it says No Service.

Seems that it only work when i reset network setting-with or without sim. But it only last a few seconds then it says No Service

I managed to make one phone call the 3rd round i repeat the reset network setting step. Then it says no service again.

• Ricki Hassan
    via Wordpress

I had that problem earlier.

Try the link I posted a few posts above and it should solve that No Service issue.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks Ricki for the tip, I have updated the post with the link for the benefit of other readers facing an issue.