World's First Software Method to Unlock iPhone 3G Released [Updated]

Comments

• byronchurch
    byronchurch Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

So can I do the unlock now and switch sims back and forth if needed later ?

• Mike from Italy
    Mike from Italy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Some discoveries made today which will hopefully help some others with troubles getting their IPhone to work. My phone worked perfectly until today, but when I tried to install some apps through Cydia such as Cycorder, MxTube and SwirlyMMS my phone lost it's carrier. Tried everything, and when I installed another sim - Vodafone IT - then turned off 3G and roaming, still nothing. Turned phone off inserted back the 3 sim, still nothing just got "no service" which at least is a good sign, turned 3G and roaming back on all went back to normal. So, insert another sim from another carrier, turn off 3G and roaming, turn off phone insert your preferred sim, turn phone on and enable 3G and roaming, works! Somehow installing apps put things out of wack. Try this, replacing sims etc., and hopefully things will work out for you. Hopefully these bugs will be sorted out by the experts, but I'm happy. Mike from Italy.

• keef
    keef Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

worked with vodafone uk ,had to use dev team link though

• Nasir
    Nasir Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Question: is it important to put in the Unlocked SIM?
    e.g If i have Rogers SIM, should must put in Fido SIM to unlock or I can just unlock on Rogers SIM?

• Lex
    Lex Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I have a t-mobile simcard. Everything is working fine after I unlocked it but I cant make any phone calls.. How can I fix this problem??

thanks

• thechf
    thechf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have an 02-uk phone. works really well. can use orange sim with no snags, but i hav now put my 02 sim back in and still thinks its orange. any ideas. thanks a lot thou, absolutly amzing.

I do hav another iphone which i lost then found again. i hav unlocked it. but says needs to be activated. i think thy hav blocked the phone. any ideas

• CD
    CD Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

When 2.2 was released the dev team said NOT to jailbreak with quickpwn if you wanted to JB future firmware versions and you're on windows. So now that the unlock is out, (i have no plans to unlock) they're telling you to use quickpwn if you have windows? I want to jailbreak my 2.2 but would i be able to do it again with say 2.3?

• Adi
    Adi Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

It worked for me. I've got a 16Gb o2 in the UK tried vodaphone and Orange sims works great.

Thanks

• mist3r8
    mist3r8 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

im still stuck at the no outgoing calls phase im T-Mobile USA and im using yellosn0w lastest version everything is good untill i try to make a call then all my signal drops

• Miley
    Miley Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Lets get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

• mix
    mix Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I installed it in a Telcel (mexico) phone and worked correctly, i tried it with a att go phone sim from the us while in the us and it worked correctly.

• Me Me
    Me Me Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi. i hacked it and it works. i used bigboss to reboot it and it worked! but i could only get incomming calls. cant MAKE CALLS i go to the keypad menu and it freezes and looses connectiion and becomes no service now instead of T mobile i need help.... everything works BUT outgoing calls and freezes for like 5 secs and says no service . HELPP!!!!!!!!

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

with the lastest yellowsn0w application v0.9.4 installed to 3g iphone(bought from O2 uk), my China Mobile sim with or without turbo sim are no longer working. it was working before with v0.9.1 with turbo sim. HK CSL sim still working with v0.9.4.

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

Hi, for those of you with Tmobile U.S.A sim card that can't make outgoing calls, frozen dial screen, call failed, or 5 dots. The culprit is the sim card itself. I have two newer sim cards bought recently and will not work with my two iphones but when I put in my older sim card from a few years back both iphone work instantly.

• Tri
    Tri Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Oh man, it crashed my 3 times and logo = gone, can't make any call even reinsert sim card and wait 10-15 sec

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

i am having the same problem. I get my carriers signal and 3-4 sec later it goes away to no signal. any help?

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Can anyone tell me if it works with rogers iphone 3G canada ? pls

• NINO BROWN
    NINO BROWN Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Big ovation and thanks to the dev team. i've just made it by following the instructions of upgrading then pwnage and it works perfectly on my O2 uk with either tmobile and orange. big thanks..........
    one problem though, is there any possibility to break the " uk network lock of my iphone"?
    please give me a clue if you have one.

• infeksion
    infeksion Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got the signal working and it can easily pick it up after lost. the only problem i have is that i couldn't make a call. it always drop it as soon as i dialed the number. Any tips? My sim is FIDO and i think my iPhone is rogers. i have tried the -r -c -l, airplane mode, sim out sim in about a hundreds times and its been the same. i can only snd/rcv text and receive phone calls but cannot make an out going call.

• 3G Lover
    3G Lover Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Worked for three days. Finally I got it! Thanks Anton! Your ways is working!

1. Use BossPrefs Turn off everything, especially EDGE!
    2. Reboot in BossPrefs, NOT BY POWER OFF BY CLICK THE POWER BUTTON!
    3. Wait a while, about seconds, see what you got?!
    4. I am happy! Are you?

ps. 1. I am China Mobile and roaming in Canada. The local carrier is Rogers/Fido.
    2. Download BossPrefs via Cydia.

Thanks Dev Team! Great work! I don't need the TurboSim any more.

• 3G Lover
    3G Lover Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

One thing I forgot mention:

I am using "yellowsn0w application (v0.9.5)"

Thanks for your attention.

• Haobo
    Haobo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaking was fine on my iPhone 3G 8GB, 2.2, 02.28.00. After installed yellowsn0w, it always reported 'Invalid SIM' if I put in my China Mobile SIM card. It worked after I did a 'reset network settings' from the settings.app.

• Davin
    Davin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

PLEAS HELP, Urgent.

Hi, I have successfully jailbreak/unlock my 16GB 3G iphone, works very good, no problems at all.

The thing is that now I got a new 8GB 3G iphone but I'm unable to jailbreak it, I did the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2(5G77) using iTunes, it has also baseband 02.28.00.

My problem is that when I try to jailbreak it with QuickPwn22-1.exe the iphone reboots and gets me a screen asking to connect it to iTunes, the home+power buttons procedure never gets executed because the iphone shuts down before entering recovery mode.

PLEAS HELP, Urgent. Thanks.

• philippe RANNOU
    philippe RANNOU Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

update 8 is working very fine

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

love it. Thank you!!!

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

I should add that my AT&T sim no longer works. It does the same thing some people are having problems with (carrier for 3-4 seconds then goes away).

T-Mobile USA though, works like a charm which was my intention so I'll take it!

(16GB Iphone 3G with all of the firmware requirements)

• connor rasmusson
    connor rasmusson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

does it not work if you have a pin code? ive done everything and installed yellosn0w on my iphone but when i restart it it asks for my pincode..

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

still no luck unlocking with fido or roger tried it both with my sisters and my phone.

• Rob Linck
    Rob Linck Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Not working after successfully jailbreaking and unlocking version 0.9.6.
    My configeration is a Swisscom Iphone with a Kenya Safaricom (vodaphone) sim.
    When it works, there is a COLD TUSKER here for any or all of the Dev team!
    Guaranteed!
    Hakuna Matata Bwana Dev team!