Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G running Firmware 2.2.1 using QuickPwn 2.2.5 (Mac)

13»

Comments

• duruhan
    duruhan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just quickpwned my iphone 3G with my unibody macbook pro running mac os 10.5.6. I used the DFU fix from the following website, worked perfectly.

url: http://perrohunter.com/?p=technology/fixing-macbook-pro-unibody-dfu-on-1056

thanks dev team!

• zoraxm@gmail.com
    zoraxm@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey guys, iTunes keeps opening up during the proscess, and I think it is messing up th proscess, is this possible?

• jeff said...
    jeff said... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

for some reason quickpwn froze i dont why can someone help me

• javaman
    javaman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

This crap bricks your iPhone (Stuck on booting logo).

• javaman
    via Wordpress

This does not work! I now have an iPhone with a stupid pineapple logo that does nothing but show the stupid pineapple, and vibrates twice periodically. I left it like this for hours and still nothing.

• javaman
    via Wordpress

Finally some progress.
    BTW, when I did this update, it appeared to go through the whole update scenario. Here is what went down:

(1) On Mac - Sending 018-4443-16.dmg 22531KB
    (2) On Mac - Sending kernelcache,release.s518900x
    (3) On iPhone - Flashing NOR (Running Pineapple logo)
    (4) On iPhone - Installing Bundles
    (5) On iPhone - Syncing Filesystems
    (6) On iPhone - Rebooting
    (7) On iPhone - Pineapple logo!!!! forever

So now some good luck for me. I started with the PC page, then read the Mac page. Luckilly the Mac page had the details of how to put the phone in firmware mode. Turn off device, Turn on device with both power and home for 10 seconds, then release just power while still holding home for another 10 secs. All this while connected to itunes. This allowed me to restore my iphone via itunes to its original appleness. Next, I figure since I am no long en pineapple brick mode, that I should be able to get out of it again if I screw things up again. So this time I skipped the part in this write up where it said:

If your iPhone 3G firmware Version is 2.2.1 (5H11) and Modem Firmware is 02.30.03 then you are ready to jailbreak your iPhone 3G, you can skip directly to "Jailbreak iPhone 3G using QuickPwn" below.

When I first tried this process, I looked at the about screen in the iPhone and verified that this was true so I skipped straigth to jailbreaking with QuickPwn. Big mistake! Maybe this is not the case for everyone, but this was the case for me. I went ahead and did this file-style firmware update to my iPhone (even though I already had 2.2.1) anyway. Next I did the jailbreak with QuickPwn and badabing ... I'm good.

• echeung
    echeung Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm having trouble as well. I'm running mac os 10.5.6 on a iMac. Iphone 3G 2.2.1 (5H11) firmware. 02.30.03 modem firmware. Followed all the steps. Got the message that the process was successful, however the screen on my iphone stays white then doesn't restart automatically. It shuts off instead. Can anyone help me?
    Haven't tried anything else yet.

thanks!

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

I'm having trouble with this also, when I hit option/restore, it brings up the file I need, I hit open and nothing happens, its supposed to restore but, nothing. WTF? shwig2@yahoo.com help me out here

• bLizZaRd
    bLizZaRd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

does this one replace the mobileinstallation file automatically? or do i have to download a patch to do that?

• kj
    kj Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Upgraded to OS 10.5.7, and this worked perfectly. Flawless instructions. Thanks much.

• ssrafols@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hello I did everything and it was going ok until the end when the last restart happened. then the apple came up starting but it got stuck here nothing happened. I restart and nothing what do I do now? the phone is dead I turn it off and back on and nothing

• suliman
    suliman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hiya i did all the steps but the same happened just as ssrafols ,,,, please please!!!! help me my fon is dead n i saved up all for a long time 2 get it == thanks

• suliman
    suliman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

this is my email sulimanghazi22@googlemail.com..... i would really appreciate if u helped me out ==thanks