Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3G and Preserve Baseband using PwnageTool

13»

Comments

• AurariaMJ
    AurariaMJ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just bought a refurbished iPhone. It came with 2.2.1 firmware, of course. I don't care so much about the carrier lock at this point. (I would have to pay to get out of my contract, and at this point I'm happier with AT&T in my area than with TMobile anyway).

I just wanted to let you all know that your step-by-step instructions were very helpful. I had to go through a couple of times to see what I missed (holding down OPTION and then pressing restore - I restored my iPhone to its current settings twice). Nevertheless, I'm happy to see the pineapple on my boot screen. One of the reasons I was able to justify the expense of the iPhone to myself and my partner was the ability to tether... I could get rid of my USB Internet connection card's monthly fee...

Now I get to play with doing what I want to do. Thanks to you, though, I know that I can always restore to a new (jailbroken) firmware if I mess up royally!

Thanks again!

• SacQ
    SacQ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i browsed iphone 1,2_2.2.1_5H11 .. but it said firmware error string? wth does that mean ? SOS

• saied1345@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

I have the Motorola Droid. I need to Jailbreak it! what should I do!?
    Thanks

• RC
    RC Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Have a iphone 3 G s and the modem firmware is 05.13.04 and well beyond the 2.2 recommended. do you have any options or suggestions for working around this challenge?